How would you rearrange the trilogy?

Jimmy Nimrod

So as we know, each album in the trilogy was supposed to fit a certain feeling or concept. If I'm correct (I can't find the quote) Billie described Uno as setting up for the part, Dos as the party, and Tre as the hangover.

I feel like each album did pretty much hold up a certain feeling, but was off on a few songs.

Personally I would have left the albums relatively the same. I would move Sex, Drugs, and Violence over to Uno, Lazy Bones would go to Tre, and Troublemaker would be on Dos.

How would you do it?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would put Christian's Inferno before Nightlife to make Nightlife seem like the greatest song ever.

I personally think no track listing could do these songs justice, which is why this is the first time I have actively embraced the "shuffle" feature on my iPod.

swap Rusty James for 8th Avenue Serenade. swap Drama Queen for Stray Heart. Delete Ashley.

Whaaaa?

You want to remove one of the few bright spots on DOS?

Tre and Uno is a double album and Dos doesn't exist.

Throw in Stray Heart, Lazy Bones, Baby Eyes and Wow! That's Loud.

Take out Oh Love, Loss of Control, and Kill the DJ

would have been fucking amazing holy shit.

swap Rusty James for 8th Avenue Serenade. swap Drama Queen for Stray Heart. Delete Ashley.

I didn't think of that, but Rusty James totally is a perfect fit for tre.

X-kid should be on American Idiot, If you listen to the lyrics, how he speaks about someone who isn't as young as he used to be and should get away from the shouting.

If it existed, it could be the greatest b-side ever.

Throw in Stray Heart, Lazy Bones, Baby Eyes and Wow! That's Loud.

Take out Oh Love, Loss of Control, and Kill the DJ

would have been fucking amazing holy shit.

Take out my three favorite songs and replace them with shit. Thanks man.

God, I hate other peoples opinions. I like the trilogy and wouldn't have it any other way. The only thing I'd change is make all three albums 13 tracks each, so add State of Shock after Carpe Diem and add Gabriella after Little Boy Named Train.

I posted this a while back, but this is how I think it sounds best-

¡UNO!

1. "Nuclear Family"

2. "Angel Blue"

3. "Carpe Diem"

4. "Let Yourself Go"

5. "Loss of Control"

6. "Baby Eyes"

7. "Fell for You"

8. "Stray Heart"

9. "Rusty James"

10. "99 Revolutions"

11. "Stay the Night"

12. "8th Avenue Serenade"

¡DOS!

1. "See You Tonight"

2. "Wild One"

3. "Stop When the Red Lights Flash"

4. "Fuck Time"

5. "Makeout Party"

6. "Ashley"

7. "Kill the DJ"

8. "Troublemaker"

9. "Lady Cobra"

10. "Nightlife"

11. "Wow! That's Loud"

12. "Lazy Bones"

13. "Amy"

¡TRÉ!

1. "Oh Love"

2. "Sweet 16"

3. "Missing You"

4. "Brutal Love"

5. "Little Boy Named Train"

6. "X-Kid"

7. "Sex, Drugs & Violence"

8. "Amanda"

9. "Drama Queen"

10. "Walk Away"

11. "Dirty Rotten Bastards"

12. "The Forgotten"

Take out my three favorite songs and replace them with shit. Thanks man.

God, I hate other peoples opinions. I like the trilogy and wouldn't have it any other way.

tumblr_m3br82gDgU1qer4nm.gif

Stray Heart and Lazy Bones being shit? honestly? goonsquad LOL

¡UNO!

I would eliminate to Kill The DJ and Oh Love and would add Baby Eyes, Ashley and Sex, Drugs and Violence

¡DOS!

I would eliminate Lazy Bones, Ashley, Baby Eyes and Amy and would add Troublemaker and Little Boy Named Train

¡TRÉ!

I would eliminate Sex Drugs and Violence and Little Boy Named Train and would add Amy and Lazy Bones

I posted this a while back, but this is how I think it sounds best-

¡UNO!

1. "Nuclear Family"

2. "Angel Blue"

3. "Carpe Diem"

4. "Let Yourself Go"

5. "Loss of Control"

6. "Baby Eyes"

7. "Fell for You"

8. "Stray Heart"

9. "Rusty James"

10. "99 Revolutions"

11. "Stay the Night"

12. "8th Avenue Serenade"

¡DOS!

1. "See You Tonight"

2. "Wild One"

3. "Stop When the Red Lights Flash"

4. "Fuck Time"

5. "Makeout Party"

6. "Ashley"

7. "Kill the DJ"

8. "Troublemaker"

9. "Lady Cobra"

10. "Nightlife"

11. "Wow! That's Loud"

12. "Lazy Bones"

13. "Amy"

¡TRÉ!

1. "Oh Love"

2. "Sweet 16"

3. "Missing You"

4. "Brutal Love"

5. "Little Boy Named Train"

6. "X-Kid"

7. "Sex, Drugs & Violence"

8. "Amanda"

9. "Drama Queen"

10. "Walk Away"

11. "Dirty Rotten Bastards"

12. "The Forgotten"

this is actually a really good track list they all fit good the one thing i would change would be to move Amy and See you tonight off of Dos i have no idea why those songs were ever on dos they would fit good next to drama queen on tre as a acoustic section and Walk away could fit on Uno and you could swap it for Rusty James that song would go perfect on tre!

This thread is really showing me how ignorant some fans are..... trying to eliminate Kill the Dj Nightlife and Oh love ...and theres a ton of fans that hated Dos which i dont understand when clips of each album were leaked here and there fans said that Dos would be there favorate and most anticipated and i personally thought so aswell because it was the sequal to Foxboro's Stop drop and roll but now it seems alot of fans hate it and i think the main reason for that is because its different its not the usual green day and thats why people hate Kill the Dj Nightlife and Oh love is hated by fans because it was so promoted and out there that being said i hope this tread doesn't turn into a Hate thread or "delete this song from this album its total shit"

I think Kill the DJ should have been on Dos and Stray Heart on Uno, but besides that everything is perfect.

1. Brutal Love

2. Nuclear Family

3. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

4. Amanda

5. Troublemaker

6. X-Kid

7. Lazy Bones

8. 8th Avenue Serenade

9. Wild One

10. Drama Queen

11. Loss Of Control

12. Rusty James

13. Wow! That's Loud

14. Dirty Rotten Bastards

15. 99 Revolutions

this is actually a really good track list they all fit good the one thing i would change would be to move Amy and See you tonight off of Dos i have no idea why those songs were ever on dos they would fit good next to drama queen on tre as a acoustic section and Walk away could fit on Uno and you could swap it for Rusty James that song would go perfect on tre!

This thread is really showing me how ignorant some fans are..... trying to eliminate Kill the Dj Nightlife and Oh love ...and theres a ton of fans that hated Dos which i dont understand when clips of each album were leaked here and there fans said that Dos would be there favorate and most anticipated and i personally thought so aswell because it was the sequal to Foxboro's Stop drop and roll but now it seems alot of fans hate it and i think the main reason for that is because its different its not the usual green day and thats why people hate Kill the Dj Nightlife and Oh love is hated by fans because it was so promoted and out there that being said i hope this tread doesn't turn into a Hate thread or "delete this song from this album its total shit"

I love Oh Love i like Dos it got great songs but I don't think it's a cohesive album i think it's just 13 great songs (yes I'm a fan of Nightlife) thrown randomly on a cd

I'd move Oh Love, Sweet 16 and Stray Heart to iTré!

They are more 'hangover' songs than 99 Revolutions and Sex, Drugs & Violence, which I'd move back to iUno! and iDós!, respectively.

I wouldn't mind Dos as much as a Foxborro album, but as a green day album it stinks. I'm happy for them to try new styles, but that was the idea of hottubs, to do that. Not get stuff like Fuck time or Nightlife as Green Day songs

Archived