Can you help me with ¡Uno! ¡Dos! and ¡Tré! song meanings?

JIGD13

Can we change this to a song meanings thread in general?

Little Boy Named Train, I take it as being someone clumsy, who just doesn't know whats going on or where they're going, and tries to do what everyone else is doing, but in an innocent way, not trying to be trendy

It's mostly opinion based right? If there was a specific song then I'd give my opinion on it's meaning gladly :)

BTW I think a GD song meaning thread is a great idea!

This is one of the vaguest threads I've ever seen.

Literally all it says is "can you help me with the meaning of an undefined amount of undefined songs from three albums, please". That's kind of a broad question.

Can we change this to a song meanings thread in general?

Little Boy Named Train, I take it as being someone clumsy, who just doesn't know whats going on or where they're going, and tries to do what everyone else is doing, but in an innocent way, not trying to be trendy

All I know is that it was written based off a boy in Billie's son's school, whose parents didn't recognize him as either gender, who therefore was given the incredibly neutral-gender name Train

All I know is that it was written based off a boy in Billie's son's school, whose parents didn't recognize him as either gender, who therefore was given the incredibly neutral-gender name Train

Yeah, but that's not a meaning :)

but it helps understand the context that the song is in. I think your interpretation of the song makes quite a bit of sense though

but it helps understand the context that the song is in. I think your interpretation of the song makes quite a bit of sense though

Yeah. I'm not good at interpretting songs though. especially when it comes to Nuclear Family or Angel Blue

Well, every song has two meanings. A song has a figurative theme, what it means or what it's about, and a literal story behind it, what inspired the song.

Take a song like Dry Ice, for example. Billie Joe wrote this about his friend's sister that he had feelings for and the time when he wrote her a letter. The song, figuratively, however, is about incredible infatuation and not knowing if the person who have feelings for will accept you or feel the same.

I like interpreting the albums based on personal interpretations, but the Huffington Post reviews have been really, really well done, too.

Yeah. I'm not good at interpretting songs though. especially when it comes to Nuclear Family or Angel Blue

Even Billie doesn't know what Nuclear Family means. XD "And then there's songs like Nuclear Family where I don't know what the fuck they even mean." ~ Billie Joe Armstrong

Archived