Gaslight Anthem talk about Billie Joe and his meltdown (video)

desertrose

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great when people have an actual rational opinion about things. Great response!

and that is why i love brian fallon and gaslight anthem.

"Honestly, last time I checked that was Billie Joe of the PUNK ROCK band Green Day. You mean a punk rocker acted angry? Oh, so surprising! Smash guitars? Wait, I thought that’s what punk rockers are supposed to do?”"

although i'm not looking forward to the "green day isn't punk!" arguments, that may arrive from this,

I saw this interview when it came out, and I love how Brian didn't treat it like Billie was having a complete breakdown or blow it out of proportion.

Plus I completely loved seeing the frontman of my second favorite band talk about the frontman of my favorite band :ninja:

The crowd were shit, I would have been pissed off too. Nice rational response from Gaslight Anthem.

I agree that what actually happened was in no way, shape, or form a "meltdown." Last I checked cursing and smashing guitars were a normal part of something that occurs at a rock concert.

That said, it was still very "off" behavior for him (i'm not saying it is off for him to curse or get mad, but right after I watched it for the first time I was shocked to see how utterly enraged he seemed). Obviously it was a small incident that was apart of something much more serious boiling under the surface. At this point though, I genuinely couldn't care less how people are labeling what happened at iHeart. Since then, a lot more important things have occurred and that incident just seems rather insignificant now.

If it weren't for the fact that he checked himself in right after this, I definitely wouldn't have seen a big deal. I guess maybe people were shocked because they had scaled back their "punk" sensibilities a bit over the years (for better or worse), and because it was at a big corporate event (don't mess with Clear Channel!). Really, it's no worse than how they acted at Woodstock '94.

The Gaslight Anthem are from my hometown so of course I'm going to be a bit biased towards them. (Never met them though!) But they definitely make some great music and it's nice to see them give Green Day their props.

I'm just gonna clarify, I was sarcastic. I saw it as a meltdown, and it got him to rehab. In that way I'm almost happy it happened, rather at a festival than a stadium somewhere.

Brian Fallon is one of the best guys in music. Reminds me a bit of Henry Rollins, he's just a guy you'd want to have on your side.

I saw this interview when it came out, and I love how Brian didn't treat it like Billie was having a complete breakdown or blow it out of proportion.

Plus I completely loved seeing the frontman of my second favorite band talk about the frontman of my favorite band :ninja:

Yeah, the last time my other favorite band talked about GD/Billie, it was Brandon Flowers and we all know how that turned out. So, this is an upgrade! :D

I'm just gonna clarify, I was sarcastic. I saw it as a meltdown, and it got him to rehab. In that way I'm almost happy it happened, rather at a festival than a stadium somewhere.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. I doubt the public really has any idea what's going on with his personal business.

The crowd was horrible, the circunstances were ridiculous... Billie was right to be pissed, and I'm glad that there are more people recognizing it.

You're wrong. But okay.

I'm glad you have inside information. and please enlighten me, why am I wrong? Is your definition of meltdown "more correct" than mine?

You're silly.

God, do I love The Gaslight Anthem. Brian Fallon is awesome. I read something once that American Idiot was a huge inspiration to him as well.

The crowd was horrible, the circunstances were ridiculous... Billie was right to be pissed, and I'm glad that there are more people recognizing it.

How did he have the right to be pissed?

The iheart wasnt a meltdown but to say he has the right to be pissed how he signed the contract he agreed to perform he knew the crowd would be varied

How did he have the right to be pissed?

The iheart wasnt a meltdown but to say he has the right to be pissed how he signed the contract he agreed to perform he knew the crowd would be varied

But they cut off 25 minutes of their performance for Rihanna and Usher! They only had 1 minute for each song, if they wanted to play everything they were supposed to. And yeah, and I don't think this was a meltdown.

Archived