According to nme.com, Green Day will perform tonight in NYC

AngelBlue_

And I'm not sure how I feel about this Nirvana "reunion". Honestly, I think it'll fail hard if they have anyone but Kurt on vocals, but that wont happen, unless they play recordings.

You'll be pleased to know they're not playing Nirvana songs.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll be pleased to know they're not playing Nirvana songs.

That's good. I'll never accept anyone other than Dave, Chris and Kurt as Nirvana.

They can pull a 2Pac and get a hologram.

But then Courtney would sue.

If it's so, why discuss in green day chat?

This topic is about the "12-12-12 Concert" and the rumors saying that Green Day will perform there, ok. But this gig has some other bands besides GD, so I'm kinda able to talk about they too...

Anyway, sorry. :S

WTF! Oh my God, I really hope this is true! But please, tell me they didn' mix Billie Joe with Billy Joel, PLEASE!!

I'm pretty sure they has :/

I keep hearing about this benefit concert and honestly was hoping that they'd surprise us and perform at it before I even read this. That said - I'm not going to get my hopes up. It was probably just a mistake on NME's part.

If it's so, why discuss in green day chat?

Because NME said they would perform, so technically it's Green Day news, even if it's just a rumor so far.

I have my doubts, but it would be awesome if Billie was doing so much better that he is ready to perform again.

Baby steps.

Honestly, with Green Day's predilection for doing secret shows recently, a surprise appearance wouldn't be all too shocking. I wouldn't consider no news about this beforehand a negative against it for the previously stated reason. So if anyone can go to this show, they should. Even if Green Day doesn't show up, it still looks awesome. Let's just wait and see on this one.

yea, I was tempted to buy tickets last week, but holy shit. Paul McCartney in place for Kurt...that's weird. I'm interested for sure, plus a lot of sites say that its happening...

As for Green Day only a couple other sources included them part of the bands that were playing...they might just be copying NME's mistake. I guess we'll find out.

Because NME said they would perform, so technically it's Green Day news, even if it's just a rumor so far.

I have my doubts, but it would be awesome if Billie was doing so much better that he is ready to perform again.

Baby steps.

It's not a rumour, it's a typo/mistake. If I had the power I deserve this would have been dead long ago.

Well, maybe this is some sort of a comeback show. I wouldn't complain about a few infos about the current situation. Though it's also pretty likely that NME just got it wrong..

Well, they have to come back sometime...so this is probably a good opportunity. I bet this is legit.

If they made an official announcement, it would increase the ratings. Not only from Green Day fans but from people who are curious to see how Billie acts now after the incident.

But maybe that's why they want to keep it a secret? To remind people that this is about Hurricane relief and not a rock star's comeback?

Most likely it's not true. There is a very, very small possibility that it could be true, but that's only because Green Day loves the whole secret show niche.

If this is true I'd be stoked to know Billie's out of rehab but jealous because my social studies teacher is going :/

Archived