Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

GreenDayWeb.com

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PasalacquaPete

PasalacquaPete
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2012
  • 14 rep

Hi all!

I'm looking for a potential webmaster out there!

GreenDayWeb.com was, many years ago, the official Green Day fansite when run by Jason Holmes. There was a long, wrong story in between, then GreenDay.net took over and Jason was out on his ear. The GDWEB domain became available again, Jason had no interest in running another site, so I took it over (this is still a long time ago...). After Uni and work kicked in, I had little time to run it anymore and let the domain expire and the site died. Some little scrote then bought it about 4 years ago and did nothing with it. Recently I re-bought it and plan to keep it this time.

However, I still don't have the time needed to run it properly. If there's anybody interested in designing and running it, please email me - paul@greendayweb.com - with your ideas or whatever. I'll give you access to the account and let you work away and make it great again.

Thanks,

Paul.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée

• 15,548 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 9,664 rep
I don't really know if I'm reading this right.. You own a GD fan site, and want webmasters from the biggest fan site for GD already existing..?

iRun

iRun
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2012
  • 608 rep

I've worked on various websites. I would like to help.

JorickF

JorickF
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined Oct 12, 2008
  • 685 rep

Or you could set a redirect from greendayweb.com to greendayauthority.com. Problem solved!

PasalacquaPete

PasalacquaPete
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2012
  • 14 rep

I don't really know if I'm reading this right.. You own a GD fan site, and want webmasters from the biggest fan site for GD already existing..?

GreenDayCommunity, and no disrespect intended, is a message board. I want someone to organise an all-singing, all-dancing website. Naturally, a link to GDC would make sense for a Fan Interaction section.

Or you could set a redirect from greendayweb.com to greendayauthority.com. Problem solved!

How is that "problem solved"? If I wanted a car-design website, would you recommend I just buy a domain and redirect it to Ford? Is it any wonder the world is in the state it's in when originality and ambition are always bypassed so easily.

If I had the time, I would design, setup and run the site on my own. Unfortunately, I don't have the time. I want to give a budding web designer the opportunity to run a previously VERY well known Green Day fansite (that was around and established long before GDA - again, no disrespect intended), free of charge. I pay all the hosting costs and charges. All I want is someone to design and run it.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée

• 15,548 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 9,664 rep

GreenDayCommunity, and no disrespect intended, is a message board. I want someone to organise an all-singing, all-dancing website. Naturally, a link to GDC would make sense for a Fan Interaction section.

I already use GDA, I just don't see a need for another GD fansite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users