Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Warped Tour 2013

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

don'tdreamitbeit

don'tdreamitbeit
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2013
  • 63 rep

Went to Warped yesterday! It was awesome! Last year was 108 degrees, but this year it was in the 80's, which was perfect! I was able to meet a few members of the band Set It Off and I got barricade for their set. I got a guitar pick from them too and went to their signing. I also saw We Came as Romans, Woe is Me, Bring Me the Horizon, Relient K, Reel Big Fish, Sleeping with Sirens, New Beat Fund (I had never heard of them before, but they were playing Sublime, and they were actually really good) Black Veil Brides, and some of Motion City Soundtrack's acoustic set. It was an awesome day! Reel Big Fish were so entertaining! They are hilarious on stage. I was so far back for Sleeping with Sirens, and I couldn't see a thing. The best set was probably Set It Off because they are crazy on stage, and the singer did a trust fall into the crowd and sang right next to me in an audience member's face. The entire band is insane live! I loved it!

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,174 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,176 rep

WCAR put on an amazing show as always, it was absolutely fucking great to see Craig Owens back with Chiodos, and I love that the Used put on those colorful ski masks to show solidarity with Pussy Riot. But oh my god, Bert cut his hair! When did this even happen?

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 537 rep

Oooh yeah I've heard good things about Set It Off from a few people. I'll try and catch them on Tuesday. Three more days! So pumped  :runaround:

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,893 rep

I just got back from Warped and it was fucking great. I was able to see Anarbor, Forever the Sickest Kids, Man Overboard, Reel Big Fish (best band I've ever seen live hands down oh my god), The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, and Tonight Alive. I even got to meet all of Tonight Alive and takes pictures with them. :happy: Only thing that sucked was it started downpouring and lightning 10 minutes into The Wonder Years set so it got cut super short. :( We were all forced to go under this covered area for about 2 hours that clearly wasn't fit for a whole entire festival. :lol: It was funny though, because we were all entering from the right, and people were stopping before they got all the way to the left, so people started chanting "just keep swimming" and everyone immediately understood and moved over. :lol:

WCAR put on an amazing show as always, it was absolutely fucking great to see Craig Owens back with Chiodos, and I love that the Used put on those colorful ski masks to show solidarity with Pussy Riot. But oh my god, Bert cut his hair! When did this even happen?

He cut it a while ago. It's interesting. I think I liked his long hair better. :P

scottpilgrim10

scottpilgrim10
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2012
  • 110 rep
I went to Warped a week or 2 ago and it was really awesome. I really want to go next year. I was able to see Tonight Alive, Billy Talent, The Early November, Motion City Soundtrack, Echosmith, The Wonder Years, and Reel Big Fish. I also watched part of Gin Wigmore and BVB from the stage next to them. I even talked a tiny bit to 2 members of Echosmith before their signing then got a signed poster and free summer sampler. Although I wish I could of saw more bands like Anarbor, Man Overboard and Big D, but the friend I went with was really lazy. When I left Warped I was also really stoked, because I got a pamphlet saying Paramore is coming to Minnesota, and then the next day I bought 2 tickets to Paramore. The Warped tour experience I had was great and I can't wait for next year's warped.

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 5,055 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,893 rep

I went to Warped a week or 2 ago and it was really awesome. I really want to go next year. I was able to see Tonight Alive, Billy Talent, The Early November, Motion City Soundtrack, Echosmith, The Wonder Years, and Reel Big Fish. I also watched part of Gin Wigmore and BVB from the stage next to them. I even talked a tiny bit to 2 members of Echosmith before their signing then got a signed poster and free summer sampler. Although I wish I could of saw more bands like Anarbor, Man Overboard and Big D, but the friend I went with was really lazy. When I left Warped I was also really stoked, because I got a pamphlet saying Paramore is coming to Minnesota, and then the next day I bought 2 tickets to Paramore. The Warped tour experience I had was great and I can't wait for next year's warped.

Slade (singer for Anarbor) sounds killer live! Their stage performance was a bit on the weak side, but if you're looking for a great sounding live band they are amazing! Man Overboard were pretty sweet too.

• scottpilgrim10 likes this

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 537 rep

Yesterday was my last Warped date and I'm so sad now haha. It was great though and I'm really happy I decided to make the drive to Cinci even though it's kinda far from me. The weather was finally not rainy or 90+ degrees which hasn't happened at a Warped date for me in over three years  :lol: I watched Go Radio, Wallpaper, Motion City Soundtrack, Mixtapes, Ace Enders, The Story So Far, Man Overboard, The Early November, Citizen, The Wonder Years, Handguns, and a few songs of some other bands. The venue wasn't my favorite because there were two amphitheaters and the pit for the main stages was TINY so I had to get there an like an hour and a half early and listen to Black Veil Brides and Never Shout Never just to get a good spot for The Wonder Years. TWY were by far the best band of the day though so it was worth it. 

• LetterBomb92 likes this

LetterBomb92

LetterBomb92
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2009
  • 2,237 rep

Yesterday was my last Warped date and I'm so sad now haha. It was great though and I'm really happy I decided to make the drive to Cinci even though it's kinda far from me. The weather was finally not rainy or 90+ degrees which hasn't happened at a Warped date for me in over three years  :lol: I watched Go Radio, Wallpaper, Motion City Soundtrack, Mixtapes, Ace Enders, The Story So Far, Man Overboard, The Early November, Citizen, The Wonder Years, Handguns, and a few songs of some other bands. The venue wasn't my favorite because there were two amphitheaters and the pit for the main stages was TINY so I had to get there an like an hour and a half early and listen to Black Veil Brides and Never Shout Never just to get a good spot for The Wonder Years. TWY were by far the best band of the day though so it was worth it. 

Can u not

• westendriot likes this

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 5,055 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,893 rep

I was in the second row for TWY but they only played a 10 minute set because of the rain. Soooo mad. So mad.

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 537 rep

I was in the second row for TWY but they only played a 10 minute set because of the rain. Soooo mad. So mad.

Oh no that's so sad. Their set got cut in Detroit too because of storms so I feel your pain. 

If it makes you feel any better, you'll definitely see them at the House Party tour this fall! 

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 5,055 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,893 rep

Oh no that's so sad. Their set got cut in Detroit too because of storms so I feel your pain. 

If it makes you feel any better, you'll definitely see them at the House Party tour this fall! 

Yeah, I remember you telling me that! I was sooooo excited when I read that! :woot: Can't wait!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users