New photos section on GDA

Fuzz

We've redesigned the photos section on GDA, getting rid of the old 3rd-party system we had for the 'picture vault' and made something that's better integrated and I think easier to navigate.

http://www.greendayauthority.com/photos/

Here's a post about it on GDA.

Quick Tip: When you're viewing an album (example) or a single photo you can use your keyboard's left and right arrows to browse back and forth between the pages/photos in that album. A nice and quick way to check out everything inside an album.

Huge thanks to BeachBum and Lindsay who have been uploading hundreds of photos with stuff we didn't have before, better quality photos, and helping organize and give this section some much needed love.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or comments about how we could improve it!.

Guest Trotsky

really good! :)

Off the topic but i really love your ava and your sig!! :) Also "Fell For You" and "Wild One" are two of my favorite songs of the Trilogy.

Oh god, finally. It is looking so much better now and it's more organized.

Perfect.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this :happy:

Off the topic but i really love your ava and your sig!! :) Also "Fell For You" and "Wild One" are two of my favorite songs of the Trilogy.

Thank you! :hug: I love those 2 songs too ;)

Much better from what I remember. Nice job.

As for suggestions:

This is subjective but I'd say it'd be better if the thumbnails showed the top/center, not the top/left of the cropped image.

You need the top part of the image so that you don't cut of the face in 90% of the pictures and in group shots you'll often cut off the person on the right if you show the left part of the image.

For example here: http://www.greendayauthority.com/photos/album/323/

That's why I'd propose showing the top and center part.

that would be:

.image a {
background-position: top center;
}

Much better from what I remember. Nice job.

As for suggestions:

This is subjective but I'd say it'd be better if the thumbnails showed the top/center, not the top/left of the cropped image.

You need the top part of the image so that you don't cut of the face in 90% of the pictures and in group shots you'll often cut off the person on the right if you show the left part of the image.

For example here: http://www.greendayauthority.com/photos/album/323/

That's why I'd propose showing the top and center part.

that would be:

.image a {
background-position: top center;
}

Ah yes, Very smart. Good call :)

I'm really happy the picture vault is updated! It looks a lot better now!
These are my suggestions to make it even better:
1. In the Awards section, it would be a lot easier to navigate if the different ceremonies were further divided by year. Instead of having nearly 700 MTV VMA pictures to sort through, it would be much easier to browse it in separate folders for the 2012 VMAs, the 2009 VMAs, 2005 VMAs, etc. Same with the Grammys and other award ceremonies.
2. In the different group shots sections, it might be better if similar photos were near each other. It would make sense if all the pictures from one photo shoot were grouped together, instead of seeing a pic of them in their jail clothes (in the American Idiot era folder) on page 2, then page 5 and 6. Also, sometimes I think there are repeats (though they may be different sizes; I didn't check that). On a related note, though way less important, perhaps different photo shoots could go into different subfolders? That could help with organization. Though I actually like them all being together in one main folder, so maybe not - this would just help to keep similar pictures together.
3. It might be good if the individual photos folders were further divided by era, like the band photos are. Better organization.

Archived