Trippin with Tre - video of him in studio

in_your_face

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the beginning you can really tell that Tré was a jazz drummer before he got into punk rock. It actually shows what a talented drummer he really is and that he's actually even holding himself back when he plays with Green Day, for most of the songs. :runaround:

Aw Tré :wub: You're amazing :wub:

This is awesome, where was it posted? It has a weird way of recording and quality :lol:

i knew he did that in st jimmy, platypus etc. but (and this may just be the way i hear it) it doesnt sound the same as those in oh love. i dont know i say things like that all the time but i always wondered if he had a double bass drum pedal and i was actally surprised to see that he does!

yeah, I assume he plays singles on the album because he does not use a double pedal live for oh love ;)

and the drums are super powerful on Uno, Dos and Tré. Partly because the guitar takes up less space, but also they way they are recorded and mixed and compressed. So these double kicks are super powerful.

Btw, Slide Technique works just as well as Heel Toe for that kinda stuff, and I personally prefer it over Heel Toe, because I feel like I get more punch with it.

Cool! Looks like maybe a family/home thing? Could've been celebrating his birthday :P.

People are saying Tré holds himself back in Green Day, and I agree with this entirely. What I don't understand is why? There are definitely many spots in songs where they could put in a drum fill and don't, and it always disappoints me. When you listen to Blink for example their songs are full of killer fills. It may be because Travis is by far the most talented musician in that band, which is not necessarily the case with Green Day, but still they have an amazingly talented drummer and are barely using his ability I feel.

People are saying Tré holds himself back in Green Day, and I agree with this entirely. What I don't understand is why? There are definitely many spots in songs where they could put in a drum fill and don't, and it always disappoints me. When you listen to Blink for example their songs are full of killer fills. It may be because Travis is by far the most talented musician in that band, which is not necessarily the case with Green Day, but still they have an amazingly talented drummer and are barely using his ability I feel.

Because it isn't needed?

Just saw this! I want to trip with Tre. A ring a ding ding

Green Day doing jazz is something i'd love to see.

With Mike on the double bass :woot:

So? Of course it's not needed, it just enhances it and makes it sound better.

By "isn't needed" I meant "wouldn't make it better"

Guest Honey Emerald

If I listened to a song and it was nothing but drums... I would get tired of it... unless the drums actually played a song themselves.

Green Day doing jazz is something i'd love to see.

Last Ride In, baby...we've already got it. :D

Last Ride In, baby...we've already got it. :D

Have to say I really don't like that song, though!

Archived