Trippin with Tre - video of him in studio

in_your_face

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he DOES have a double bass pedal \m/

I'm probably going to kick myself for missing it, but when does he use the double bass pedal?

Anyone know who the guy on the piano is?

Its like a friendlier version of Walter White playing with the greatest rock drummer of all time.

I've always wanted to see a video of Tré just jamming! Love it :D It would've been even more awesome if the audio quality of the recording was better.

Haha, the sound of music :happy:

So he DOES have a double bass pedal \m/

That explains the little thing he does in the 2nd verse of oh love!

once more the proof that billie and mike couldn't have find any better drummer! he is and stays the best ever (my opinion^^)!!!!!!!!! <3

I'm probably going to kick myself for missing it, but when does he use the double bass pedal?

Anyone know who the guy on the piano is?

at about 0:35 into the video

That explains the little thing he does in the 2nd verse of oh love!

There is no double bass in Oh love? Its just doubles, no problem with one foot. Same thing in St Jimmy, Platypus, Basket Case, Angel Blue, just to name a few ;)

The Video is really cool! You notice Trés heavy hitting background/the sticks are to heavy for that setting, but hes got some nice chops. I'd like more videos like that!

at about 0:35 into the video

There is no double bass in Oh love? Its just doubles, no problem with one foot. Same thing in St Jimmy, Platypus, Basket Case, Angel Blue, just to name a few ;)

The Video is really cool! You notice Trés heavy hitting background/the sticks are to heavy for that setting, but hes got some nice chops. I'd like more videos like that!

i knew he did that in st jimmy, platypus etc. but (and this may just be the way i hear it) it doesnt sound the same as those in oh love. i dont know i say things like that all the time but i always wondered if he had a double bass drum pedal and i was actally surprised to see that he does!

Boner. There has NEVER been a video of him doing this. He is such a fucking awesome drummer. This shows that he really does hold back in GD.

i knew he did that in st jimmy, platypus etc. but (and this may just be the way i hear it) it doesnt sound the same as those in oh love. i dont know i say things like that all the time but i always wondered if he had a double bass drum pedal and i was actally surprised to see that he does!

He doesn't use it in GD, but i always guessed he could play on considering he's a professional. It's cool seeing him play it though, he's great at it and its not easy. I can't even do it (not that I've put too much effort into it.. but it's definitely difficult)

The ones in Oh Love and the one in Angel Blue are different than St. Jimmy, etc. St. Jimmy and them are easy, but the other two use something called the "heel toe" technique. When you step on a certain angle with your toe it rebounds quickly on your heel...two hits. You can use this method instead of double bass as they create the same effect

Hey there,

A golfing friend of Tre's sent me this last night and I posted it on my Green Day Mind twitter. It's not from earlier this month, but a couple of years ago. The fellow playing piano is a golfing pal of theirs.

And... you're welcomed.

Does the person recording this know how to hold a camera? :lol:

Awesome nonetheless though, nice to see him just having a bit of fun, love it. :lol:

Does the person recording this know how to hold a camera? :lol:

Awesome nonetheless though, nice to see him just having a bit of fun, love it. :lol:

I ain't complaining. I'm just glad he sent it to me!

Boner. There has NEVER been a video of him doing this. He is such a fucking awesome drummer. This shows that he really does hold back in GD.

He doesn't use it in GD, but i always guessed he could play on considering he's a professional. It's cool seeing him play it though, he's great at it and its not easy. I can't even do it (not that I've put too much effort into it.. but it's definitely difficult)

The ones in Oh Love and the one in Angel Blue are different than St. Jimmy, etc. St. Jimmy and them are easy, but the other two use something called the "heal toe" technique. When you step on a certain angle with your toe it rebounds quickly on your heal...two hits. You can use this method instead of double bass as they create the same effect

yeah ive heard of that. im more of a guitarist but i have dabbled in drums and thats something i worked on but always felt like "taking the easy way out" with the double bass drum pedal

Archived