Billie Joe is selling his house

StuckWithInsomnia

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His house seems pretty small (I mean for a celebrity)

I hope he will move close to montreal.... :D
Ok I need to stop dreaming that wont happen :P

did that website really have to use that picture of him?

Of all the pictures that exist in the world. They had to use that one? :lol:

Lovely home. Looks like a nice getaway place.

Guys, this is only his "beach house" in Newport Beach. It's not his main residence in Oakland. All these tabloid reports are twisting it. Imagine that, right?

Ohhh, it looks so bright and airy, like a bloody dream, I love it. I wonder what sort of new house/area they're moving to ...?

Edit: Oh, wait, it's just his cottage. Good on him and his fam, then, who needs multiple homes, anyway?!

I noticed that too a few days ago. I thought it to be strange timing but they may have had it on the market for a while. It says they fixed it up. Maybe he likes to do that in his spare time? I read one comment some idiot made saying that if Billie Joe was a real punk he would rent. Yeah....right! If that guy had money, he would live nicely too. Whether the house is in Newport Beach or not, if Billie was really all about spending he would have a $25 million mansion there. I don't know what he is worth and it isn't my business but I know it's more than me lol!

Originally built in 1946, Armstrong’s 3-bedroom, 3.5-bath home at 2112 Seville Ave, Newport Beach, CA 92661 was renovated “from the studs up” after Armstrong and his wife purchased the place in 2006. What the 924-square-foot cottage lacks in size, it more than makes up for in rock-star worthy amenities, including vaulted ceilings, a gourmet kitchen with high-end appliances and a private patio with outdoor shower.

His primary residence is a sprawling 7,100-square-foot home in the Oakland area that he purchased for $3.2 million in 2005.

According to Zillow’s Mortgage Calculator, a monthly payment on Armstrong’s home would be $6,573, assuming a 20 percent down payment on a 30-year mortgage.

http://homgroup.com/property/Newport_Beach/5071442/2112_Seville_Ave/?_nc=1355022799%269330f51dfdc3f0fefc38b146eae9335c#prop:5071442

Confused by why this is becoming a thread now...it has been floating about on roughly twenty million news/gossip sites for nearly a week now. Should I begin the countdown to the divorce rumours also plaguing the comment sections of those sites and bound to spill over onto this thread? Or the more ridiculous suggestion that he is selling because rehab is sooo expensive and he needs the money. Jeez...can't the guy even sell his house without it making the tabloids in the UK?! Fuck the timing...that is just plain stupid.

I saw this a while ago and my first impression after seeing the photos was "Wow, Billie must have a penchant for home decor, because the interior is just GORGEOUS." But then I read an old article about him selling the other residence a few years ago where they said the realtors fix the house up after putting it on the market so there's no trace of the previous owners in there. And all this time I thought Billie was a really good home decorator. :sorry:

I like how the square footage of this thing is the same number as Gilman's address---924. I think numbers have creepy coincidences in this universe. (Unless Billie's actually that OCD and planned it or picked it, but I doubt it :P )

Oh Jesus, again? He did this a few years ago as well, he must really like moving.

I believe it's a vacation house.

I believe it's a vacation house.

Yeah, this is his vacation home, his real house is in Northern California. :)

Guest Honey Emerald

I saw this a while ago and my first impression after seeing the photos was "Wow, Billie must have a penchant for home decor, because the interior is just GORGEOUS." But then I read an old article about him selling the other residence a few years ago where they said the realtors fix the house up after putting it on the market so there's no trace of the previous owners in there. And all this time I thought Billie was a really good home decorator. :sorry:

LOL that's funny.

I wonder if the bathroom in this one has a band logo covered toilet seat in it also....

Holy shit I never thought that he would live in so ordinary house. :mellow: Or at least it looks like ordinary, despite the price :lol:

Oh gawd, right when I move to Huntington Beach just next to Newport Beach he has to leave! Makes perfect sense!

guys lets team up and buy it!

Then everyone from GDC can come in whenever they want to! I like that idea! :lol:

Archived