Green Day's "signature" song

desecrator09

Don't know if this was a topic before on this site but I was wondering what you guys thought was Green Day's signature song. Most popular artists seem to have a song that most people will forever associate them with such as Blink 182's "All the Small Things" (in my opinion at least). For me, I would have to say it's either Longview or the song American Idiot, since I bet if I walked up to a random person on the street that they would most likely name one of those two songs. Any opinion is appreciated guys, thanks for any feedback. :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Older fans: Basket Case or Longview, Good Riddance

Newer fans: Wake Me Up When September Ends or American Idiot

Even Newer fans: 21 Guns

Here's the funny thing; there is no one answer, it all depends on who you ask. Ask a general rock fan, they'll probably say Basket Case or Longview. Ask a pop junkie, they'll probably say BOBD or Good Riddance. Ask a hardcore fan, they'll probably give you a clusterfuck of different answers. I think that just says something about how they've hit all different segments of music in their career so far.

I think it's something from the Dookie Era like Basketcase. For a while it was BOBD, but I think it's Basketcase or When I come Around.

I think it might me American Idiot, but it might depend of how old is the person... :P

Archived