So, What Happens Next?

!

My guess is they'll tour til mid 2014, take a 3-4 month break, and then head back into the studio for a new album. Plus I bet we'll get an album of out takes from the trilogy and probably a live album at some point.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not really GD releated (i mean new music) but i hope that the AI movie will be realeased next year. :) And I hope there'll be a new soundtrack like the Musical Album... That would be nice.

It totally is related, and well I hope we get it soon because people will always be interested in it, I just hope it doesn't take FOREVER!

Does anyone else find it a bit scary thinking of what comes next? It's so hard to imagine them making a follow up to the trilogy right now. I have to admit that when this was all announced part of me wondered was this Green Day's way of saying goodbye? You know, sort of an epic finale to their career. Billie's stint in rehab kinda reinforced that, but then I remembered Billie's little speeches at the end of concerts on the last tour. He said the only way out of the band for him is in a coffin, and I believed him. Naturely this rehab business means he will have to reassess where he is in life and probably change his priorities, so God knows whether he feels the same way about Green Day now. As much as I want to continue to have Green Day as a huge part of my life, I have to accept and respect the fact that other things are more important to him than keeping his fans satisfied. This whole rehab business could change so much, but it could also produce incredible material that could become the next Green Day album. We could be heading towards an album of the same magnitude of American Idiot, or even greater! I so hope that is the case. Green Day have been such an important part of my life, no matter where we go from here, I'll always respect and love them.

Oh they're far from done. In the Quatro highlight, he said he hopes that he wants to grow old with his fans, and they are far from old old. Mike has said that he couldn't imagine not being in Green Day, so I think we'll be hearing from them for a long time to come. It is something crazy to think about though. Like with AI and 21CB, we would see them on tv all the time, eventually there will probably a point in which all that will stop and they will only tour and make music.

This is kinda strange, both Warning and the trilogy didn't succeed that much, all of them had the guys faces on them (they're all some of my favorite Green Day albums, btw). They put out Dookie in 1994, biggest success, and American Idiot in 2004, also biggest success.

Maybe they shouldn't put their faces on the cover and put out their next album in 2014. jk :P

Jeez the albums just came out can we wait for the promotions to end before we began to speculate whats next for them?

Guest DisapppearingBoy

OR they become a boy band and make music like one direction

Instant hit. AI and Dookie'll rest in peace forever. :lol:

This is not really GD releated (i mean new music) but i hope that the AI movie will be realeased next year. :) And I hope there'll be a new soundtrack like the Musical Album... That would be nice.

mmm I don't think it's gonna happen, not next year. They didn't even choose the cast as far as we know, let alone start shooting it

So we would get a third version of American Idiot? Uh, no thanks... :D But I think there will be plenty of things to keep the Green Day fans busy. I'm expecting a live album, an album compiling all b-sides from AI to Tré (aka Shenanigans 2: Electric Boogaloo :lol:) and maybe even another Greatest Hits album. I mean, International Superhits is over ten years old now, it's completely outdated with only 90s Green Day songs on it. :P Also some one-off songs like the songs they did between AI and 21stCB. (Working Class Hero, The Saints Are Coming etc.)

I haven't watched the Quatro thing on television so can somebody tell me what is that Billie said and everyone is talking about?

I haven't watched the Quatro thing shaw on television so can somebody tell me what is that Billie said and everyone is talking about?

Well in some part of the one hour show people saw, Billie was like he want to grow old with his fans. I don't remember what it was word for word but it was something like that.

OR they become a boy band and make music like one direction

Imagine boy bandify all Green Day songs :/

mmm I don't think it's gonna happen, not next year. They didn't even choose the cast as far as we know, let alone start shooting it

Well a film like this probably wouldn't take too much time. Most likely it will come out in 2015 though.

Don't forget Billie promised Michael Mayer he would write another play for him to direct. Who knows when that will happen but its possible that Billie will do that if they give themselves a break

their entire first two albums excuse me

huh? their first two albums aren't boy band music

I'd like another Network record actually, or maybe a new side project for them to do something different (and I mean totally different, not like Green Day with a twist, which is what FBHT and the Trilogy were). The Network sounded like a different band, mainly due to Mike's vocals and the synths and stuff, so something different would be welcome. I'd also like some form of b-sides and rarities album, including b-sides from International Superhits onwards (Maria, Governator, Hearts Collide, etc)

I'd like another Network record actually, or maybe a new side project for them to do something different (and I mean totally different, not like Green Day with a twist, which is what FBHT and the Trilogy were). The Network sounded like a different band, mainly due to Mike's vocals and the synths and stuff, so something different would be welcome. I'd also like some form of b-sides and rarities album, including b-sides from International Superhits onwards (Maria, Governator, Hearts Collide, etc)

It'll be interesting to see if they would consider bringing back The Network

excuse me but yes

oh, so songs like Going To Pasalacqua and Welcome To Paradise sounds like One Direction or Westlife... yeah -.-

Guest DisapppearingBoy

huh? their first two albums aren't boy band music

Maybe pick all the songs like WMUWSE, BoBD, 21 Guns.... A record maybe.

I think that after the trilogy they'll do something more serious and less fun like they did in the trilogy.
I think it might take them 3-4 years after they done the touring.
I would like to hear something similiar to Warning and a little bit like AI, like more serious themes and mature.

oh, so songs like Going To Pasalacqua and Welcome To Paradise sounds like One Direction or Westlife... yeah -.-

boy band music doesn't equal sounding like one direction or westlife and if it did that wouldn't be a bad thing

>feelings

>band full of boys

there u have it

drops the mic and hula hoops out of the room

Ideas for new side projects: Start a rap group (Beejesus, T Cool, Mr Dirnty), start a full drag group, Mike would totally look like Sarah Jessica Parker in drag.

P.s For people who doesn't understand sarcasm.

Archived