So, What Happens Next?

!

I don't remember where exactly I read it but it was on GDA, basically Green Day had two albums left on their contract but Warner counted the trilogy as one album, and so that's why I made that statement. I could be wrong, but either way, Warner pretends as if Green Day is the ugly step-child of the label so it would not surprise me if Green Day splits with Warner in the near future.

I can tell from personal experience Warner doesnt pretend GD is a ugly stepchild you are aware that the president of Warner Music is Rob Cavallo the producer of Green Day...

I doubt GD will ever leave them they would never have the freedom as they do on Warner unless they'd start their own label and that'd be costly and alot more time consuming theyd have to give up creative time to do

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can tell from personal experience Warner doesnt pretend GD is a ugly stepchild you are aware that the president of Warner Music is Rob Cavallo the producer of Green Day...

I doubt GD will ever leave them they would never have the freedom as they do on Warner unless they'd start their own label and that'd be costly and alot more time consuming theyd have to give up creative time to do

From the poor promotion of 21stCB and the beyond horrendous job of the promotion of the trilogy. I certainly hope Green Day's promo team isn't getting paid, just because Billie is seeking rehab does not mean you just stop all promotion. Yes, not having Billie makes promotion not as powerful but they does not mean the promotion should stop dead in it's tracks.

And look how Warner treated Green Day with the trilogy, that's three albums, but Warner counted it as one. That's really messed up. Apparently Warner does not know how to three. Look at their actions, Warner only cares about Green Day if they're making money, and if they're not, they could not careless.

We all know they're gonna go on tour, then release a new greatest hits then a new bside compilation then do some network or FBHT, have some cover singles occasional new songs, then in 2014 have a new groundbreaking album, then they have a 4 record decline in popularity then do some side projects then have a groundbreaking album in 2024 then a 3 record decline then a greatest hits then bside compilation then side project then new groundbreaking album in 2034

Repeat

From the poor promotion of 21stCB and the beyond horrendous job of the promotion of the trilogy. I certainly hope Green Day's promo team isn't getting paid, just because Billie is seeking rehab does not mean you just stop all promotion. Yes, not having Billie makes promotion not as powerful but they does not mean the promotion should stop dead in it's tracks.

And look how Warner treated Green Day with the trilogy, that's three albums, but Warner counted it as one. That's really messed up. Apparently Warner does not know how to three. Look at their actions, Warner only cares about Green Day if they're making money, and if they're not, they could not careless.

They're probably on a contract saying you gotta make x number of records for me till you can leave this label, they probably did that because of the contract

Why is it mess up the trilogy is counted as one the band thinks of it as one album so its one album...

As far as promo they havent stopped but they scaled back it's a huge risk to promote an album without an active band do you lnow it costs MILLIONS of dollars to fully promote hell i know other labels would have delayed the releases until the band became active again so be happy Warner went thru with them still...

Donate a small amount to Warner to promote lets say 5 million to Warner they'll start back up I dont blame Warner for not wanting to go more into it right now

We all know they're gonna go on tour, then release a new greatest hits then a new bside compilation then do some network or FBHT, have some cover singles occasional new songs, then in 2014 have a new groundbreaking album, then they have a 4 record decline in popularity then do some side projects then have a groundbreaking album in 2024 then a 3 record decline then a greatest hits then bside compilation then side project then new groundbreaking album in 2034

Repeat

They're probably on a contract saying you gotta make x number of records for me till you can leave this label, they probably did that because of the contract

You think all 4 of them still make music when they're at their 60's???

Wasn't there something about green day appearing on a radio show on Christmas eve ?

Yeah, Sirius FM or something like that? Can't remember if it was confirmed or not, but yeah there was definitely a mention of that at some point.

You think all 4 of them still make music when they're at their 60's???

Yes they're gonna be like the Rolling Stones and be old but still making good music

Wasn't there something about green day appearing on a radio show on Christmas eve ?

It wasn't any big deal. They're just playing Green Day songs on the hour every hour all day, I think.

I think they'll take a long brake after 3 albums and the rehab of Billie Joe. And they are going to be more tired after the tour, I mean they are 40 !!!! :o ahah no they'll never get old. :angry

I think they'll take a long brake after 3 albums and the rehab of Billie Joe. And they are going to be more tired after the tour, I mean they are 40 !!!! :o ahah no they'll never get old. :angry

They aren't getting old. Yes, but what about this 5 year old long long brake beetween AI and 21st century breakdown. We survive that break, we will survive this. Because we are NIMRODS.

They aren't getting old. Yes, but what about this 5 year old long long brake beetween AI and 21st century breakdown. We survive that break, we will survive this. Because we are NIMRODS.

Last time I checked this fan base was called idiots, but nimrods is cool too, I'd prefer that tbh :P

Last time I checked this fan base was called idiots, but nimrods cool too, I'd prefer that tbh :P

Or insomniacs, however you want.

When Billie Joe gets out of Rehab, they're gonna go back to kicking ass hard like they've always done. It would be such a relief to have Billie back and when he's back and healthy, you could expect some of their best live performances. I think you could expect a live album sometime soon too. They movie, Dookie, AI anniversaries and stuff are also things we could be excited for. I kinda did wish they could release their next album in 2014 and have it become a huge hit to keep the trend, but that just seems unrealistic. Mid 2015 seems more ideal considering all the things they could do in between.

I think people are forgetting about the trilogy already, why are we worrying so much about future plans when we're doing nothing about the present? I think this trilogy was absolutely awesome and there is NO WAY that you could call it an album or albums of b-sides. Can you really call a song like Brutal Love a b-side? Thought so. Say what you want but I know that this album has some of the best songs Green Day has made in the last decade or two. They're going to eventually release the 3-4 singles from the last two albums like they had intended to do at the beginning and then tour and slowly and steadily, the album sales will rise and they'll become more relevant, nothing to worry about.

All I really want more than ever is Billie back from rehab healthier than ever. You guys have to stay positive about this, positivity will only bring good things.

I want to see Green Day do something more personal, intimate and serious, in the vein of Warning for their next album. Songs about their families, children, growing old and settling down. As much as I love the trilogy, I want them to age with grace, and to write songs that are relevant to their age and place in the world. There are a lot of songs in the trilogy that reflect this (X-Kid, Sweet 16, Rusty James) but then there are also songs that lead me to believe Billie is still trying to act 20 when he's really in his 40s (Fuck Time, Kill the DJ, Troublemaker, Makeout Party) and a lot of the songs lyrically, reflect someone who is in their teens (Stay The Night, Fell For You, Missing You, Stray Heart). I love all those songs, but I want Billie to write songs about things that actually relate to his life as a man in his 40s. It's interesting to me to see a man age with grace and write music that honestly shows his struggles as an adult.

Whatever Green Day decide, I love the trilogy and am excited for whatever comes next.

Personally, I see them taking a long break. After the touring for the trilogy I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to leave Warner at this point. Truthfully, the promotion was horrendeous. With or without a fully functioning group there should have been more going on. The sales would have been notably higher if they hadn't just fucking stopped dead in the road after BJ went to rehab. I love having the albums, but they could and possibly SHOULD have postponed the release dates until January. The worst move was moving up the date of Tre! a month, it gave that album even less of a chance than the other 2.
I really do want them to leave this label. They have had quite a bit of freedom and success with them, but these past two albums have not been promoted well at all. At all. With their reputation they could get on a different label that would work with them. They are a group that sells if you give em a little love and care, something that I see lacking at Warner. Rob could still produce, but I'd rather see him go as well. It's been stated before that the biggest issue with the trilogy may have just been a producer that is way too close to this group. I love the trilogy, but there are a few songs that would have improved quite a bit if the producer hadn't BEGGED to be a part of this project, which he did.
Really, I don't see this group breaking up until death, unless this meltdown had a bigger effect on Mike and Tre than they have let on which is always possible. In short, they will tour then take a break, a long break. I see a new album being 2016 at the earliest. They need to lay low for a while and let the music industry and mainstream try and sort itself out. What BJ said at iHeartradio, while drunk and crazy and a bit unprepared, was entirely true about where the industry is right now. There is no place for Green Day at this moment, and that won't change for a few years at least. This pop sensation has been going on HEAVY for about 5-6 years, arguably longer. The mainstream is nothing but carbon copy pop and screamo groups with a few gems sprinkled in there somewhere. Even former mainstream metal groups like Disturbed and Tool have just fallen off the map outside of their prior made fanbases. I blame this overwhelming love of nostalgia that has plagued the teens of today. I say this being a 19 year old sophomore in college, which seems odd but trust me. I see that generation far too often to not notice some huge issues.
I love this group to death and look forward to their next project with much aniticipation. To those who keep saying "gosh just appreciate what you have now always wanting more uhh" just stop. I love and appreciate my trilogy of albums, and the whole slew of other albums released this year that I got. Say Anything, Motion City Soundtrack, Blaqk Audio, Green Day, Deftones, The Killers, Tegan and Sara, My Chemical Romance, and a few more released music this year, and I'm still trying to digest it all. But of course, the moment I finish an album, I want more. as fans there is never enough.
Have a Happy Christmas everyone! Hope I didn't bore you too much.

When I made my post, I was talking about how Green Day provide variety.But IGNORANT AS YOU ARE, you started mentioning RHCP name's in GREEN DAY fan thread for really no apparent reason.So who is ignorant here? Fine Maybe RHCP have done a lot of stuff.So what? What the fuck am I supposed to do about it!!And I have no clue about music, dude I have my own fucking band, which fucking performs live.The thing is not that I dont have clue about music, but YOU HAVE NO GODDAMN CLUE OF WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY.you just take one line from my post and fuck around with it the whole time.Can you please cut the crap? We both like a common band, let's just stop fighting for BALLS.Peace :)

Calm down, your posts always contain unnecessary words."fighting for BALLS" really? :|

I completely agree with Sensei21. Mid/early 2016 is the earliest for a new album.

When I made my post, I was talking about how Green Day provide variety.But IGNORANT AS YOU ARE, you started mentioning RHCP name's in GREEN DAY fan thread for really no apparent reason.So who is ignorant here? Fine Maybe RHCP have done a lot of stuff.So what? What the fuck am I supposed to do about it!!And I have no clue about music, dude I have my own fucking band, which fucking performs live.The thing is not that I dont have clue about music, but YOU HAVE NO GODDAMN CLUE OF WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY.you just take one line from my post and fuck around with it the whole time.Can you please cut the crap? We both like a common band, let's just stop fighting for BALLS.Peace :)

You're a moron, you don't even know what you said yourself! You said Green Day is the only band that provides a variety of genres; have you heard of a band called the Beatles? They made rock n roll, pop, ska, music hall, soul, R&B, folk, raga, psychedelic and even heavy metal. That's more than Green Day already. Now shut up, and get on topic. Also, is it so hard to present your posts in a manner that makes them easy to read?

Stop fighting and start living in peace again you little motherfuckers!

Maan..we have a great band which makes great music. Enough said, there's no need for discussions.

no need for discussions.

Oh, I always got the purpose of a forum wrong then I guess.

Oh, I always got the purpose of a forum wrong then I guess.
Well played.

But we don't need this kind of discussions. It often ends up in a fight, which is stupid 'cause we are members of a great community.

But everyone keeps complaining about everything in a fan forum and they start "discussions" (more like fights) about things which don't matter.

And I have to say, you didn't got the point of my post. I was talking about the "awesomeness" of Green Day and I think every person who signs in in this forum, should love Green Day. I don't think that a person which doesn't really care about the band uses sites like this. And that's what I meant, we are a a bunch of people which love Green Day..then why should we start a fight about them? Disscussions are good as long as the topic is too. I hope you understand what I try to tell you, my english isn't really good enough.

You're a moron, you don't even know what you said yourself! You said Green Day is the only band that provides a variety of genres; have you heard of a band called the Beatles? They made rock n roll, pop, ska, music hall, soul, R&B, folk, raga, psychedelic and even heavy metal. That's more than Green Day already. Now shut up, and get on topic. Also, is it so hard to present your posts in a manner that makes them easy to read?

Dude chill out, you typed just as angrily as he did!

Anyways, pulling up the Beatles is not the best example of a band that has experimented a lot. A lot of what the Beatles put out was filler and garbage. Sure, putting out every song you could ever write yielded them SEVERAL incredible tracks, but they are lost among the rest of the discography that I've rarely even heard longtime fans mention. Why? Because even big fans can admit, a lot of their music was just filler.

Also, Green Day has done a lot of those genres in experimentation. Have you even listened to anything from Dookie to American Idiot? Those are arguably the most experimental albums in the core discography. Pull in Shenanigans as well even, and you've got ALL of those genres. This is a group that has done most styles at this point, even a bit of hip hop/ rap now, so don't even TRY and say that they haven't experimented as much as the Beatles did. Let's not over hype that group anymore than they are, mkay?

One a closing note, try and be a bit more respectful. It's just as hard to read an over the top angry post as it is to read one in all caps. Both scream "childish mentality at play here". It's really distracting.

Well played.

But we don't need this kind of discussions. It often ends up in a fight, which is stupid 'cause we are members of a great community.

But everyone keeps complaining about everything in a fan forum and they start "discussions" (more like fights) about things which don't matter.

And I have to say, you didn't got the point of my post. I was talking about the "awesomeness" of Green Day and I think every person who signs in in this forum, should love Green Day. I don't think that a person which doesn't really care about the band uses sites like this. And that's what I meant, we are a a bunch of people which love Green Day..then why should we start a fight about them? Disscussions are good as long as the topic is too. I hope you understand what I try to tell you, my english isn't really good enough.

I hear ya. You'd be surprised how many non Green Day fans have an account on here though. Why? I haven't the slightest clue at all. But they seem to troll around a bit to upset the fans.

Archived