So, What Happens Next?

!

They're still really young, though. :ermm: I mean, look at The Who, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, etc. They may slow things down a bit, but I don't think they'll ever stop making music.

I just can't imagine them creating music after 50 years of age, I mean, the break they'll take now will mean Billie will be around 46-47 when they get around to doing a new album if they do (don't get me wrong, I LOVE them, I'm just trying to be realistic :/) I just don't think they've built up enough of a legendary status to be able to go on like the Stones, McCartney and The Who....

While they make take a rest, I don't believe they'll call it quits anytime soon!

Oh no, they'll still create music, all three of them, it's in thier blood. But I just cannot imagine them nearing 50/being over 50 and playing onstage to thousands of people in a band format. How I'd love to see it though xD

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this'll not happen until the band ends. So one of them would have to die or something.

Maybe they'll release it like MCR is doing with Conventional Weapons

Seriously, I think they are one of the MOST well-established bands of their generation in terms of having the staying power of The Rolling Stones or Aerosmith. This isn't just me being a fan - I honestly do see them continuing to make music and perform live well into their 60s. Billie will be just like Mick Jagger, flying all over the stage like he's still 20.

Its just who they are. They love performing so much. And unlike a lot of other bands, I truly believe that they are very, very close friends. They like playing together and want to play together even in side projects, which is so rare after being together 20+ years.

Green Day writes about real stuff, and I feel like all their music, specifically Dookie onward, has at least some dark undercurrents. It's in Billie's nature, I feel, to write like that. What stages in life occur after the supposed "midlife crisis"? For every person it's different, and it will be a long time before we see anything new post-trilogy, of course, but Green Day is full of life and full of surprises. From what I have gathered about them, I love them as people just as much as I love them as a band. I did say love, and I don't mean it lightly.

I am excited to grow old with them.

On many songs on Kerplunk and 1039 they have dark themes. I'm specifically thinking of One of My Lies and No One Knows but there are others

On many songs on Kerplunk and 1039 they have dark themes. I'm specifically thinking of One of My Lies and No One Knows but there are others

I agree, I was meaning that the dark themes were stronger in the albums after those. To me, 1039/Smooth and Kerplunk were written from a darkness that was rooted in the unknown, and the later ones revolved around a darkness of the known, if that makes sense.

Actually, now that I think about it, I totally have to agree with you. I didn't consider the songs like Why Do You Want Him or all the songs about growing old, seeing his friends age. "Things are easy when you're a child" and such.

Cool xD

Rumors have been going around that Green Day might just end it and quit the band. Now I don't agree with this but I'd just like to put that out there....

Rumors have been going around that Green Day might just end it and quit the band. Now I don't agree with this but I'd just like to put that out there....

"The only way to leave this band is in a coffin"

busted.

"The only way to leave this band is in a coffin"

busted.

haha true! I can just imagine them rocking out in their wheelchairs....

I was discussing this with my brother last week and he told me that he feels the band won't release another album. Just the way that Tre! flowed for him reminded him of The Beatles' Abbey Road album. He noted how Dirty Rotten Bastards sort of features moments from each band member and the somber ending of The Forgotten could close their career.

I pointed out that they have said they aren't done until one of the members dies. However, maybe they are done making albums? I could see them being just a tour band and embarking on greatest hits tours for the next several years.

Let's face it. The trilogy was a bust and the group has lost the fame it had during the Idiot days. The albums aren't selling, which is a damn shame because I truly believe, if Billie's rehab hadn't happened and if these albums were getting promoted, it would be a whole other story. Maybe they re-promote the trilogy when Billie checks out, but I don't know. The albums should have been cut down to a double album and Dos should have been another Foxboro album.

My guess is that BJ is out of rehab before the end of the year, and the postponed US dates are back on the original dates, or pushed back a few weeks. They will most certainly be before their UK and world tour kicks off.

I've seen people predicting a new album in.. what, 2016? I mean, could be but it could be as soon as less than a year from now, who knows really, it's music.

I really think that the band is going to roll out another album in the next year...I'm not even joking. They would probably record it whilst on tour or something, it depends on whether or not Billie Joe jumps back in head first or they take it slow (I'm guessing the former). I mean, Billie Joe's probably been writing like crazy as this has all been going on, and I believe I read somewhere that they only have 1 record left on their contract with Warner, so it just seems likely to me.

I really think that the band is going to roll out another album in the next year...I'm not even joking. They would probably record it whilst on tour or something, it depends on whether or not Billie Joe jumps back in head first or they take it slow (I'm guessing the former). I mean, Billie Joe's probably been writing like crazy as this has all been going on, and I believe I read somewhere that they only have 1 record left on their contract with Warner, so it just seems likely to me.

yeah possible...

and they also have many songs that unreleased yet...

another rock opera maybe...who knows...we are all ears :shy:

I think this'll not happen until the band ends. So one of them would have to die or something.

this idea is rediculous :o

I think now they need to release something very very epic and thoroughly worked out(something strong like AI)! I think they will need four more years, but I will wait since we already have 37 songs for now!

agree! :)

What I would like to see happen is another album released in 2014, this album will be another worldwide hit and reestablish Green Day as a force to be reckoned with in the music industry (very similar to Dookie and American Idiot). Since Green Day currently only has one more record left on their contract with Warner, this album would end their contract and so then Green Day would walk away from Warner and become an independent band again. And now while an independent band they would make hardcore punk rock music, similar to Reject, Take Back and Platypus (I Hate You). And also in becoming an independent band that makes hardcore punk, they will finally lose the skinny jeans, skirt and tie, and the make up.

Though, all of this is fairly unlikely, it is what I would like to see happen.

how do you know how long is left on there contract

Though I like the theory with 2014, I don't know if that's a good think. I think, American Idiot fucked them up. Billie was always drunk and nearly broked up with adrienne..

yeah my song list is made up of 50 % gd and b-182.Problem?

have rhcp made a rap song,or a piano ballad, or a ska inspired song for that matter? try to understand what im saying.Im taking about taking their music across different gentres, not putting varieties in the same gentre.Btw I love rhcp too

God damn you're ignorant. Seriously, when the only bands you are listening to are Green Day and blink-182 and then say that GD is the only band that serves variety in music, then - I'm sorry to say it - you don't have a clue about music. Go broaden your musical horizons.

And yes the Chili Peppers have a shitload of variety. Funk, alternative, metal, ballads, hard rock, rap, punk, ska, experimental... they've done pretty much everything.

God damn you're ignorant. Seriously, when the only bands you are listening to are Green Day and blink-182 and then say that GD is the only band that serves variety in music, then - I'm sorry to say it - you don't have a clue about music. Go broaden your musical horizons.

And yes the Chili Peppers have a shitload of variety. Funk, alternative, metal, ballads, hard rock, rap, punk, ska, experimental... they've done pretty much everything.

When I made my post, I was talking about how Green Day provide variety.But IGNORANT AS YOU ARE, you started mentioning RHCP name's in GREEN DAY fan thread for really no apparent reason.So who is ignorant here? Fine Maybe RHCP have done a lot of stuff.So what? What the fuck am I supposed to do about it!!And I have no clue about music, dude I have my own fucking band, which fucking performs live.The thing is not that I dont have clue about music, but YOU HAVE NO GODDAMN CLUE OF WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY.you just take one line from my post and fuck around with it the whole time.Can you please cut the crap? We both like a common band, let's just stop fighting for BALLS.Peace :)

Dude, chill out. Seriously, it seems like all of your posts are full anger and caps lock. I wasn't the one who brought up the Chili Peppers, you said something about them so I commented that.

They take a 4 year break. They rethink their music and their future plans. They come back stronger than ever.

how do you know how long is left on there contract

I don't remember where exactly I read it but it was on GDA, basically Green Day had two albums left on their contract but Warner counted the trilogy as one album, and so that's why I made that statement. I could be wrong, but either way, Warner pretends as if Green Day is the ugly step-child of the label so it would not surprise me if Green Day splits with Warner in the near future.

let's just stop fighting for BALLS.Peace :)

thats what you guys were fighting about?

Archived