So, What Happens Next?

!

be kind of interesting to see if they could make a song longer than JOS/Homecoming :)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see a very dark rock opera. A mix between Insomniac and 21st Century Breakdown.

I picked 21st Century Breakdown because the story seems more in your face then American Idiot does.

I love them for the variety they can provide in their music.NO OTHER ARTIST CAN DO THAT.

Obviously, you don't listen to a lot of music.

A week is enough? that's with respect to the people who didn't hear the leak! Very graceful.

I guess people who think it's unfair and unfeasible to form an credible opinion so soon after the albums came out have no place here, by the time anyone comes around with a well thought opinion or discussion the majority here have already sick of the topic and it's old news.

I'm not bitching I'm just wondering where I can discuss albums the way I did here in AI era.

Personally I'd like Billie to release an acoustic only solo album with songs like Olivia, Oh Girl, Good Riddance, etc, etc. Sappy, love kinda songs.

As for the band. I think a re-release of Uno!, Dos! and Tre! as one single album would be in their best interest. Nothing hurts a band more than not being able to promote an album at all.

As for the next album. Something experimental. Not like the Trilogy, but more like Nimrod or Warning. More songs like Misery and Hitchin' a Ride as well. Maybe another rock opera that is dark and serious and deals with alcoholism, suicide, drugs, and death and stuff.

for sure Billie in this months is been writing new songs...i guess...very dark song...probably we'll heard some of these songs, in green day's next'album but not them all. I'd love a dark album but...if you had read paying attention ¡Tré! full lyrics...you will have noticed how most of the lyrics are already dark

whatever they do. if they are happy doing it i'm all good.

but 20th aniiversary version of Dookie and 10th for American Idiot WOULD NOT go a miss ;D

Green Day writes about real stuff, and I feel like all their music, specifically Dookie onward, has at least some dark undercurrents. It's in Billie's nature, I feel, to write like that. What stages in life occur after the supposed "midlife crisis"? For every person it's different, and it will be a long time before we see anything new post-trilogy, of course, but Green Day is full of life and full of surprises. From what I have gathered about them, I love them as people just as much as I love them as a band. I did say love, and I don't mean it lightly.

I am excited to grow old with them.

Billie seems to be very emotionally involved in the whole rampage-/ weapons-law-thing (considering his recent Instagram postings), so I could imagine that these thoughts have an impact on him writing new lyrics right now. I mean, he has a lot of time to think right now and I'm pretty damn sure that he IS writing. So maybe this is a wild guess, but I could imagine that the recent events are bothering him.

I love the idea of a dark, depressive album. I agree with Unholy Sister of Grace, it definitely is in Billies nature. And I love that he's able to put deep, sad, depressing lyrics into songs that sound happy. I mean, just look at Little Boy Namend Train. It's a really light, funny song at the first listen. But in fact, it's a very sad story about a guy who doesn't find his path in life. I guess it's also very personal. I'd love more of that :wub:

But it really is too early to know for sure... so let's just enjoy the 37 new songs we got and hope that Billie will geht well soon.

Billie seems to be very emotionally involved in the whole rampage-/ weapons-law-thing (considering his recent Instagram postings), so I could imagine that these thoughts have an impact on him writing new lyrics right now. I mean, he has a lot of time to think right now and I'm pretty damn sure that he IS writing. So maybe this is a wild guess, but I could imagine that the recent events are bothering him.

I've been thinking that a lot too, i'm always kind of like that tho like with the Occupy Wall Street thing i was always like 'wonder what Green Day think about that?' and out came 99 Revolutions.

So pretty sure as well he'll be writing about everything that has happened & if there is a song about it along with songs about his rehab then the next album is going to be really emotional.

I have a feeling theres another 40 songs written since the rehab thing thats propbaly half of what hes doing in there

Whatever they make will be good.Even Uno Dos Tre was good.Had it been one album, we would'nt even be talking about how epic their next album must be.I love them for the variety they can provide in their music.NO OTHER ARTIST CAN DO THAT.I mean they have gone from politically fuelled rock operas to fun filled dance songs and even those about sex.They have covered almost all gentres, ska, punk, pop punk, hip hop, dance,ballads etc.I guess only thing left is r&b and I hope they dont do it

Uhhh ''NO OTHER ARTIST CAN DO THAT'' lol I love how some people on here think Green Day is the be all and end all of music. Umm they are not. Plenty of bands and musicians offer plently of variety not just GD.

What I would like to see happen is another album released in 2014, this album will be another worldwide hit and reestablish Green Day as a force to be reckoned with in the music industry (very similar to Dookie and American Idiot). Since Green Day currently only has one more record left on their contract with Warner, this album would end their contract and so then Green Day would walk away from Warner and become an independent band again. And now while an independent band they would make hardcore punk rock music, similar to Reject, Take Back and Platypus (I Hate You). And also in becoming an independent band that makes hardcore punk, they will finally lose the skinny jeans, skirt and tie, and the make up.

Though, all of this is fairly unlikely, it is what I would like to see happen.

I guess this kinda belongs in this thread...

However, I wanna give a high five to Billie an his dedication to this whole rehab thing. Most celebrities who say they are going to rehab are gone for like a week and come back and start screwing up again. Or at least that seems to be a typical trend. And I hope that Billie stays strong when he comes back into the spotlight, but I have faith that he will :happy:

I guess this kinda belongs in this thread...

However, I wanna give a high five to Billie an his dedication to this whole rehab thing. Most celebrities who say they are going to rehab are gone for like a week and come back and start screwing up again. Or at least that seems to be a typical trend. And I hope that Billie stays strong when he comes back into the spotlight, but I have faith that he will :happy:

yeah that''s so true. I was thinking the same thing. All these haters can shut up now saying that his meltdown and going to rehab was just a PR stunt!

I think they will(or at least should) release an album of b-sides of ai through tre next year as something to give fans between albums. Dookie 94, ai 04, ???, 14!?! It would be awesome if they had another breakthrough album next year but i highly doubt theyll do another so soon. I also think they should release cigarettes and valentines at some point. But the next album will probably be 2015. Hoping for a nimrod-esque sound.

they should release cigarettes and valentines

I think this'll not happen until the band ends. So one of them would have to die or something.

I think now they need to release something very very epic and thoroughly worked out(something strong like AI)! I think they will need four more years, but I will wait since we already have 37 songs for now!

I think they will(or at least should) release an album of b-sides of ai through tre next year as something to give fans between albums.

i'm starting to feel like that's what they just gave us.

Obviously, you don't listen to a lot of music.

yeah my song list is made up of 50 % gd and b-182.Problem?

What you mean no other artists do variety? What u call Red Hot Chilli Peppers?

have rhcp made a rap song,or a piano ballad, or a ska inspired song for that matter? try to understand what im saying.Im taking about taking their music across different gentres, not putting varieties in the same gentre.Btw I love rhcp too

Yeah, but then you can't say no other band is able to go through different genres.

have rhcp made a rap song,or a piano ballad, or a ska inspired song for that matter? try to understand what im saying.Im taking about taking their music across different gentres, not putting varieties in the same gentre.Btw I love rhcp too

Yes they have actually...

Archived