So, What Happens Next?

!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, the shows haven't changed enough from the last tour to warrant a new live DVD.

It'd have to be a DVD of footage from the Red 7, 1-2-3-4 Go, Webster Hall, etc. shows for me to really be interested.

It'd have to be a DVD of footage from the Red 7, 1-2-3-4 Go, Webster Hall, etc. shows for me to really be interested.

Tiki Bar, Red 7, and Webster Hall were the biggest and best secret shows. If the released a dvd, I doubt it would be 1234 Go, and I doubt it would even be the full show.

It would be cool if they took footage of different song's from each of the secret show's and made that their next live DVD!

It would be cool if they took footage of different song's from each of the secret show's and made that their next live DVD!

I guess, but us bootleg collectors prefer most of one show to scattered pieces of all the shows.

Do you think Green Day will release a live DVD after the 99 Revolutions tour?

Any thoughts??

Since this is just pure speculation, and there's already a thread for speculating about what the band might do next, I've gone ahead and merged your thread with this one so you can carry on talking about it here :)

Exactly

in b4 mods

If you think there's already a thread for something then posting a link to it, or better yet sending a quick report so the mods can sort it out, is helpful. But posts like this are not helpful, they're just spam, so please don't bother posting replies like this in future.

If you think there's already a thread for something then posting a link to it, or better yet sending a quick report so the mods can sort it out, is helpful. But posts like this are not helpful, they're just spam, so please don't bother posting replies like this in future.

ok dokie, thanks for the info! :)

the more i think about it, a live version of the tour and club shows would be cool.

Uno is awesome, very fresh, but I got tired listening to it after a while, but there were so many songs that werent finished and could have been so much better, song like Rusy james, oh love, stay the night. Dos was awesome too, so different, I love Dos, but the songs sounded little bit similar, but still loved it, listened to it more than to Uno. And Tre was just awesome, I think my favorite, except se drugs and violence, Drama queen would be great for b-side, but still awesome. Brutal love and Missing you were my favorite. The worst thing about Tre was the lyrics, it sucked so bad in ome songs. In total they should have spent more time preparing the trilogy, they were in a hurry and everything was little bit messed up. But still Uno 7/10, dos 6 or 7/10, Tre 8/10

ok dokie, thanks for the info! :)

the more i think about it, a live version of the tour and club shows would be cool.

You're welcome, and thank you for agreeing :D

I'm not sure if it's gonna be a bit too close to the Cuatro DVD that just came out for there to be another one from this tour, especially with the old/Dookie era one and Broadway Idiot still to come out. Be nice if they did it though, perhaps they could film one nearer the end of the tour when the setlist might be a bit more spiced up.

I don't think now is really a time to really be wondering what happens next in terms of new music. I mean, next they have a whole European tour to do, and after that they will likely tour other parts of the world, and possibly do a second leg of a US tour at some point. I'm always up for new material whenever they want to release it, but I'm certainly not expecting anything for a long while. The trilogy is still fresh and deserves our attention for longer than just a couple of months.

Next, I hope Broadway Idiot gets released on DVD! That would be awesome.

I don't think now is really a time to really be wondering what happens next in terms of new music. I mean, next they have a whole European tour to do, and after that they will likely tour other parts of the world, and possibly do a second leg of a US tour at some point. I'm always up for new material whenever they want to release it, but I'm certainly not expecting anything for a long while. The trilogy is still fresh and deserves our attention for longer than just a couple of months.

Next, I hope Broadway Idiot gets released on DVD! That would be awesome.

I think the band's perspective on the European Tour and following break will be a critical point for them to determine what direction to go.

^ I agree. But I feel like every break in between albums is critical, you know? I mean, they have their true fan base that will stick around no matter what. As for how the rest of the world receives their work - that all just depends on what is dubbed "popular music" at that time. American Idiot, apart from being an amazing freaking album, came out at the perfect time, when rock was reigning supreme and the country was in need of a political, outspoken album like that. That album spoke to a whole generation (or even more than one generation, actually), and much of that was due to timing. Based on iTunes charts, I'm hopefully that rock may be coming back around into popularity.

Of course, even though Green Day's music may not fit into the "popular" category for some time due to trends, they of course remain one of the only lasting rock bands that has multi-generational fans, which I find very impressive.

To me, things feel a bit up in the air right now for the band. It will be interesting to see what their new music will be like, when they decide to make another album.

What happens next? I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I think that Billie Joe, inspired with how prayers from his fans helped him beat his addiction, quits Green Day to join the clergy. He then releases solo gospel music in the likeness of Brutal Love.

What happens next? I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I think that Billie Joe, inspired with how prayers from his fans helped him beat his addiction, quits Green Day to join the clergy. He then releases solo gospel music in the likeness of Brutal Love.

And releases a "Greatest Hits" EP consisting of:

1. Mother Mary
  2. East Jesus Nowhere
  3. Jesus of Suburbia
  4. St. Jimmy
  5. Church on Sunday

And secret bonus track - Hammer of the Gods :P

:' D *cries*

That would actually be a sick EP. Can someone just bootleg this EP pleaseee!

Personally I think they will introduce more trilogy songs into their live shows on the next American leg of the tour and then continue their recent trend of album-live album. I would love to see another live album. It would be really cool to have a live album with live versions of every song on the trilogy. Even if not all the recordings are from the same show (like Awesome As Fuck was).

• 1 month later...

Okay, so here's my theory on what Green Day is planning for 2014 judging by their recent activity.

Firstly, there's the obvious Dookie and American Idiot anniversaries. Dookie has been played live in full and has assuredly been recorded for a 20th anniversary edition release with a live CD/DVD included. I assume the same will be done for American Idiot.

I see a very real possibility of Green Day doing a short tour of Dookie and American Idiot both in full with a few hits thrown in.

Here's another theory:

Green Day has left out some pretty obvious hits/fan favourites on this tour that were regulars on previous tours such as Good Riddance and 21 Guns. My theory is that by leaving certain fan favourites out from most set-lists on the tour, they will be enticing fans back to see them again with a full on "hits" set-list on a 2014 tour with a 2nd Greatest Hits release. Think about it, International Superhits was compiled from 4 studio albums, there have been 5 studio albums since then and it seems a logical step after the failed promotion of the trilogy for a new Greatest Hits package to be their next big release.

Just some theories. See what you think.

The only big hits they didn't play are the two you mentioned. They play almost all their hits.

It sounds cool, but it's not cool enough.

Archived