RIP Sarah (f.k.a. Mike) Kirsch of Pinhead Gunpowder

bri1039

Wow.. was only a couple days ago i posted a link in the Pinhead thread as i was surprised to know that Mike was now Sarah and sandenned to hear by her illness. Feeling in a bit of shock that she has passed on so soon to me finding this out, i'm glad this topics been alowed in the Green Day forum as while she was not a part of Green Days history she was a part of Billie's and the punk scene they came from and leaving this info in the quiet Pinhead thread would not do her justice. I remember years ago after downloading all of PG's material thinking what the hell is this when i first heard her vocals as with Jason their music was alot more accessible but it didn't take long to realise the qaulity of the Jump Salty tracks and they will probably always be the most punk music Billie will ever have had an input on. My 3 favourite Pinhead are MPLS song cos of Billies great raw vocals, Future Daydream which they both smashed it on and Dull which i've posted below which imo was the best Pinhead song to just feature Sarah's vocals. RIP :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYIWUiye1BY

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know too much about them as a band, but I love their music.

It's such a shame when someone is lost so young. :( RIP Sarah.

This is such sad news :(. Rest in peace Sarah. Going to give the wonderful Jump Salty a listen today.

Which albums was Kirsch on?

Their first two EPs, Trundle And Spring (1991) and Fahizah (1992), and some other songs on various compilations. All those songs were then put together into the compilation album Jump Salty in 1994 and she left shortly after that. So if you're looking for Kirsch songs you want Jump Salty.

I love Jump Salty. Ever since I got into punk back in '95, I discovered PG among many other bands. PG has always been one of my favorite punkbands. I always loved Billies voice in PG. Sad to hear there news, and very shocked to find out he now was Sarah. Anyways, very tragic:-(

Archived