Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Green Day NOT Nominated for A Grammy for 2013

58 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm surprised to not see at least ¡Uno! in the "Best Rock Album" category. Mumford is in there and they are a Folk group so I'm confused there

2 people like this

Posted

This kinda sucks :S

Posted

You're surprised because they're your favorite band? Or are you surprised because you're a objective music critic?

I'm surprised only because they are usually nominated for Grammy's ever since American Idiot, so I basically expected for them to be nominated for something

4 people like this

Posted

I don't think any albums from the trilogy were eligible though. Isn't there a cutoff date?

Posted

I don't think any albums from the trilogy were eligible though. Isn't there a cutoff date?

I know at least ¡Uno! Could've been because Mumford's Babel is on there and they were released at the same time

Posted

I am extremely disappointed.

Posted

the cutoff date is September 30th so uno would have been eligible but not dos

Posted

Don't really feel like Uno! is worthy of Grammy Award (at least conceptually because **** albums that are magnitudes worse than Uno! win awards at the Grammy Awards).

Posted

Rock/Alternative had a really strong year. It's not that surprising, nor was the album necessarily deserving (yes, I typed that out loud). Dos or Tre might get something next year.

El Camino and Blunderbuss were two of my favorites this year so I'm thrilled that I'll have lots to watch for this year.

Posted

Yeah it sucks it wasn't nominated. But I thought I read somewhere that the label counted the albums all together. So maybe all three could be nominated next year.

I'm glad the Black Keys are nominated. ♥

Posted

Tre should probably get nominated next year. Like someone else said only Uno! was eligible and I'm glad it didn't get nominated because it would have felt more like a ceremonial act than a deserving one.

Posted

The Grammys are turning into more of a joke every year. All it is is a popularity contest. I mean, look at these nominations. You honestly can't tell me an artist/group such as The Black Keys, fun. or Taylor Swift can possibly have the BEST song or album of the year out of all musicians. It's mainly just a Pop radio awards show. The real musicians don't get the attention they deserve. It's embarrassing. Winning a Grammy used to mean something fantastic. It's almost better if you don't win one now. That way, you're not associated with *that* crowd.

And no, I'm not bitter. Just fed up.

Black Keys are great.

3 people like this

Posted

Black Keys are great.

Please, support your statement.

2 people like this

Posted

I like The Black Keys, but I mean to be completely honest I couldn't tell you the difference between one of their songs and any song from one of the countless other indie/blues bands. They all sound the same and I am genuinely flabbergasted at why they seem to be the shining image of originality right now. I think because Green Day has always been such a popular mainstream band that them not getting a nomination is a bit of a shock to the system, but like others have said the Grammys are basically just a joke. An excuse to circlejerk.

TL;DR I don't really care :lol:

Posted

I think fun. deserves the nomination, Some Nights is a fucking great album and in my top picks of the year. I liked UNO better, though. That's just because.... ya know, Green Day is fucking awesome.

Posted

Please, support your statement.

I thought that El Camino was a great, rocking album that was very on point. Just dig them a lot, and I have no idea how you could put them in the same category as Fun and T-Swift, even though I agree on your point that the grammy's are a joke now (2 Chainz and Rozy nominated for rap album of the year?

Also, the fact that The Black Keys could mesh so easily with the RZA on the Man with the Iron Fists soundtrack shows how versatile of a band they can be. I think they're a respectable band.

Posted

If the cutoff date was indeed September 30, I don't think Uno was good enough. It was a good album, but not Grammy material. Tre on the other hand is right up that alley and I think deserves at least Best Rock Album nomination.

Posted

Actually looking at the list, it could have been much worse. In years past there's been Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Jonas Brothers.

Sure this year you have fun (which IMO is what pop music should be like more often than not), Kelly Clarkson (at least she can sing circles around most people), Call Me Maybe (ok...no defense for this one), but there are a lot of legit nominees in the top categories even if they're not my personal favorites.

3 people like this

Posted

I could care less if Green Day gets nominated for a Grammy. Hell they don't even care, the only person who would be disappointed would be Tre since he wouldn't get a new bong.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not surprised really. Though I wish they could have played the show. I would have been more surprised if they werent asked to perform if the whole rehab thing didnt go down. When Green Day do come back, they need to come back in a big way to get this trilogy rolling again. The grammys would have been a good event for that.

As for the legitimacy of the grammys, forget the music for a second and just look at the red carpet. I always laughed when green day would walk down in their suits and ties and shinny shoes then fuckin jbeebs would follow in a t shirt and basketball shoes or the black eyed peas in cargo pants or gaga in meat. its a joke.

... oh yeah and theres the music too