Vote for your favorite songs from ¡Tré!

Harry Potter.

Vote for your favorite song on ¡Tré!  

405 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had a tie with DRB, X-Kid, Missing You, LBNT, 99REV and 8th Avenue Serenade. So I felt loyal to 8th Ave and voted for that. I feel like it's unique to the trilogy and a step further into their 'New Sound' which I adore. Like a mix of Nimrod, Warning and Dookie which I loooooooooooove <3! :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a tie with DRB, X-Kid, Missing You, LBNT, 99REV and 8th Avenue Serenade. So I felt loyal to 8th Ave and voted for that. I feel like it's unique to the trilogy and a step further into their 'New Sound' which I adore. Like a mix of Nimrod, Warning and Dookie which I loooooooooooove <3! :)

Wahh, i'm in love with 8th Avenue Serenade too :runaround::wub:

I can't even do this. The album is too new to decide. Every day I like a different song better. 8th Avenue Serenade has the most plays on itunes, but X Kid is my favorite. I like Dirty Rotten Bastards, but I wish they included the lyrics shown in Quatro. Missing You comes close in second, LBNT, 8th Ave Serenade, and Brutal love tied for third. Amanda and Drama Queen and 99 Revs fourth.

Wat. :| What is with people disliking Drama Queen?! ;__; One of my all time favorite songs! I went with Brutal Love though.

Brutal Love grabs you and is one of those songs that stays with you, always. I think it showcases Billie Joe's hauntingly beautiful songwriting perfectly; Ethereal, gorgeously dark and twisted and almost fairy-tale like yet so fucking real and true and (brutally) honest. Words that reach far and can touch anyone, anyone. I truly think Billie Joe's songwriting is incredible and so underrated. So intensely personal yet SO relatable. I think it's a huge part of their success.

Current circumstances are underlining this song even more but I really do think it's one of Green Day's best. I love at the end how there's almost a horror-punk feel to it, the way the guitars warp down and Billie's voice goes all low. Goes with the lyrics so well. Also I think it's a real high point of Billie's vocals. Actually, his vocals on this whole record are stunning, no?

I guess I'd rank the songs on Tre!;

1 - Brutal Love

2 - Drama Queen

3 - Dirty Rotten Bastards

4 - X-Kid

5 - Walk Away

6 - Missing You

7 - The Forgotten

8 - Amanda

9 - Sex, Drugs & Violence

10 - 8th Avenue Serenade

11 - Little Boy Named Train

12 - 99 Revolutions

Ugh, well I'm feeling pretty unsure about that list actually. I just made it based on what spoke to me the most I guess, not necessarily what I think are technically the best or whatever. I do love all the songs though so it pains me to put some near the bottom.

I've finally decided! I just had to vote for Brutal Love :wub: Even though X-Kid comes in a very, very close second and I truly love every single track on this record!

I had to go for 99 Revolutions. It's so fucking good and it really takes me back to the shows I was at this year. Such a hard decision between that and 8th Ave. Serenade though! Especially because I really relate to that one.

I also love Brutal Love, X-Kid and although I didn't like Missing You that much at first, it's really grown on me! So many good songs despite a few being my least favourites from the trilogy. I don't understand the big deal with Dirty Rotten Bastards.

I will be extremely surprised if someone votes for Drama Queen

heh... I'd like... never do that... y'know? :mellow::P

To the other two who voted for it: You. fucking. rock.

Dirty Rotten Bastards. I can't go through one sitting without listening to it at least 10 times. Mike's bass licks... :wub:

X-Kid is a very close second for me.

For me it's no contest. "You're an X-Kid and you never even for started again" Powerful stuff

I'm sorry 99 Revolutions, I cheated on you with 8th Ave. Serenade and changed my vote. :cry:

I love that song so much. It's too fucking beautiful.

I SOOO want to vote but haven't even heard Tre yet :P Although from what I have heard (99 revolutions and part of X-kid) those two seem to be the biggest contenders at the moment.

By the way, I'm new to GDC, I started a topic and you can go check it out if you want! :)

Dirty Rotten Bastards doesn't do anything for me. I honestly think the majority of people like it because its 6 minutes long.

I really like 8th Avenue Serenade. It has a great sound!

My favourite was Brutal Love. I love Dirty Rotten Bastards too but Brutal Love is just so powerful and beautiful. All of the songs from this album are really good.

I had to vote for Dirty Rotten Bastards. I like all the songs on Tre! but that one just grabbed me as soon as it started. When it hit me I was just like oh Fuck yeah this rocks!!! It's catchy, energetic, and has all the best elements about Green Day. Also, the bass riff is to die for :dance:

Walk Away is probably my favorite, with Dirty Rotten Bastards in second and Drama Queen in third.

Top 5:

1. Walk Away

2. Dirty Rootten Bastards

3. Drama Queen

4. X-Kid

5. Brutal Love

Archived