Trilogy Thoughts

Drop Dead Hideous

They should let the fans choose some of the singles. Like the ones that are released after the album is released.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the trilogy. Not one song I dislike, though my least favorites are probably Troublemaker, Nightlife, and Stop When the Red Lights Flash.

Green Day has been horrible lately with choosing singles (Stray Heart is an exception).

And yet was it released to radio? I can't imagine all the stations got it and then just never played it...

I don't understand the singles thing at all.

I've heard X-Kid in all the Tre/Trilogy commercials on TV (Palladia channel), which is played after Let Yourself Go and Stray Heart, so I have to assume that's going to be the first or major single, thankfully. Now the question is when will they release it... it's so bizarre to not have a single off an album that is released today.

I love the trilogy. Not one song I dislike, though my least favorites are probably Troublemaker, Nightlife, and Stop When the Red Lights Flash.

Agreed with the first part, though the least favorites part is not the same (I have a few that aren't particularly "special" to me, though they're still good, but I don't feel like naming them).

Agreed, Heather, it's so weird to not have a single yet. Oh well, if they come out with any I'm sure they'll be a good choice (I can't actually think of a bad choice for one)

And yet was it released to radio? I can't imagine all the stations got it and then just never played it...

I don't understand the singles thing at all.

I've heard X-Kid in all the Tre/Trilogy commercials on TV (Palladia channel), which is played after Let Yourself Go and Stray Heart, so I have to assume that's going to be the first or major single, thankfully. Now the question is when will they release it... it's so bizarre to not have a single off an album that is released today.

It seems like Warner Bros. just doesn't care about Green Day right now.

They should let the fans choose some of the singles. Like the ones that are released after the album is released.

Nope. What fans like and what the general public likes is completely different. We love songs like Jesus of Suburbia, 2000 Light Years Away, and X-Kid. What does the public like? 21 Guns.

Nope. What fans like and what the general public likes is completely different. We love songs like Jesus of Suburbia, 2000 Light Years Away, and X-Kid. What does the public like? 21 Guns.

Agreed, though I feel like X-Kid really would be the mass appeal song.

I'm on board with 99 Revolutions being the most public-friendly.

I can honestly say that ¡Uno! is by far my least favorite Green Day record. ¡Dos! was incredibly fun and exciting and ¡Tre! is my favorite of my trilogy.

Agreed, though I feel like X-Kid really would be the mass appeal song.

I'm on board with 99 Revolutions being the most public-friendly.

I agree, X-Kid is a very, very strong track and I think it could do well on the radio. 99 Revolution's is also great, although I think X-Kid and 8th Avenue Serenade would do better simple because they're...different? 99 Revolutions is a straightforward punk song, something that the radio doesn't like anymore.

do you think the little sticker indicates the singles of the album. y'know the ones that say " this includes the songs"..... do you think they reflect what the singles will be in the album ? because they put 8th avenue serenade as one of the songs.. which is surprising.. cuz that's one of my least favourite songs off tre.

I also thought 8th Ave Serenade was a surprising choice. It's a nice, pleasant listen, but I hardly consider it anything special and definitely not the "rockin" Green Day people probably appreciate more. It's like, Oh Love may have been more pop-radio friendly than say Nuclear Family, but the fact that it didn't reach that full pop-level meant that it was played mostly on Rock radio, and rock radio fans were probably like "this is kinda poppy crap..." It's like a catch-22, which is why I feel like they should release either the full-on pop flavor (songs like 21 Guns) or the full-on rock flavor (songs like KYE, shitty though it is)... it keeps the demographics less confused about how they should feel :lol: I fear 8th Ave would be too pop for rock fans but not exciting enough for pop fans. I think X-Kid hits that glorious middle territory that alienates neither.

Am I the only one who would prefer no tambourine in their songs? I feel like they overuse it, mostly on the trilogy. I much prefer just Tre's snare without a tambourine backing it...

I love that part in Quatro! where Tré is playing with all the tambourines lol

I don't know, I really don't care about it, it doesn't bother me at all.

It's weird that you say that because I just noticed that it's a lot more prominent on these CD's also. I actually like it because it brings me back to watching the Woodstock show and seeing the tambourine on Tre's high hat.

"TAMBOURINE IS FUCKING HARD. EITHER DON’T PLAY TAMBOURINE, OR STOP TAKING FUCKING MUSHROOMS, or play good tambourine."

I like it.

I didn't actually pay attention to any of the tambourine in the trilogy (I didn't really notice it). I think I heard some at the very end of Sex, Drugs and Violence though, when the guitar is sustaining the long note.

I did a review for iUNO! ... iDOS! ... iTRE! and here's my thoughts on the whole thing!

This is one of the best trilogies ever made! This is such an amazing trilogy of albums and is better to listen to as a whole than seperate albums! I think this is probably Green Day's best project, even though some songs aren't the best, I still think it was a perfect idea to release 3 albums rather than one! Each album has a different feel to it which is great because it means Green Day is doing different styles! To me iTRE! would be the best album to listen to as a whole and has the best songs. It's really hard to pick which is better, iUNO! or iDOS!, but I'll have to say iUNO! because I can listen to it as whole more than iDOS!, and reminds me of old-school Green Day with a new and fresh sound!
Here are the songs from most favorite to least favorite and it was really hard to choose! - Dirty Rotten B*stards (TRE), X-Kid (TRE), Stay The Night (UNO), Stray Heart (DOS), Let Yourself Go (UNO), Missing You (TRE), Makeout Party (DOS), 99 Revolutions (TRE), Nuclear Family (UNO), Kill The DJ (UNO), Brutal Love (TRE), Lazy Bones (DOS), S*x, Drugs and Violence (TRE), Amanda (TRE), Stop When The Red Lights Flash (DOS), Wow! That's Loud (DOS), Oh Love (UNO), Troublemaker (UNO), 8th Avenue Serenade (TRE), Ashley (DOS), Little Boy Named Train (TRE), Sweet 16 (UNO), Rusty James (UNO), Wild One (DOS), F*** Time (DOS), Angel Blue (UNO), Fell For You (UNO), Walk Away (TRE), Amy (DOS), Carpe Diem (UNO), The Forgotten (TRE), Drama Queen (TRE), Loss Of Control (UNO), Baby Eyes (DOS), Lady Cobra (DOS), See You Tonight (DOS), Nightlife (DOS).

I'm not going to lie, the trilogy was indeed amazing. I can just sit and listen through the whole trilogy from Nuclear Family to The Forgotten..

Uno: I think it was a good idea for Green Day to place the tracks from Fell For You to Oh Love at the end because that just caused my listening experience worth the transition to See you tonight on Dos. Being honest, I might say that the worst song in the album is Oh Love. Tragically, that is the main single for the album and I just think the song is too generic. Let Yourself Go still deserves a real video and more promotion since it is one of the best songs I have heard in my whole life. Even though people don't even pay attention to this track, Fell For You is one of my favorites because I actually had a dream of kissing my crush and I woke up with that weird feeling in my heart and I've been in love with here ever since.

Dos: This album is pretty much amazing. I wasn't expecting Green Day to release any material under the name of Green Day rather than the Foxboro Hot Tubs, but I think they should've released under the FHT. I don't want to say that it was just perfect since there are weird things in there. See You Tonight is really good musically, but I don't think it appeals to the listeners of this kind of genre. The fact that most of the songs are garage-rock makes the songs Stray Heart and Amy stand out more. I'm not sure if this was planned but I think it worked out quite good for them. The main single: Stray Heart, disappointed me a little; it is a really good song but after 7 or 8 listens I just got tired of listening to a mash-up of Misery and Dearly Beloved. The main singles I would've picked are Makeout Party and Wow! That's Loud because I think these two songs set the mood for the album.

Tre: I wasn't expecting the album to be that slow, but it comes out really good. Brutal Love has just been a beautiful intro and I definitely want this song to be played at my wedding. The amazing riffs for the next songs just make me sing along to the whole album. Then, I listened to the best song ever created by any band in the fucking planet. Dirty Rotten Bastards. Dirty. Rotten. Motherfucking. Bastards. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece after Homecoming. The reprise to the first fraction of the song just makes me keep singing along to this beauty of creation. The second part of the song is boring but when it hits the hard-tempoed punk style fraction, I just got blew away. And who doesn't sing "Carried away!"? I bet everyone after just getting your brain and mind fucked by the best band in the whole entire Milky Way. And moving on, 99 Revolutions seems too forced into the album since it is just a little mainstream compared to all the others songs in the album. In my opinion, they will want to make this a single since the audience will actually enjoy this song. The problem is that the lyrics are kind of stupid. To finish off, The Forgotten just makes me sad and makes me become a crybaby after 3 minutes. I wish Green Day fans would appreciate the song for being in a Green Day album, not because it appeared in a movie that is considered gay by many. The strings used in the song and the arrangement created by the band just make this song beautiful to listen to. I think the ending fades up and matches perfectly to the beginning of Nuclear Family.

9/10 for me bitches :D

Wait Oh Love is generic but Let Yourself Go isn't oookkaaayyyy

What I meant is "mainstream".. I don't know why I threw out that word. I think Oh Love was focused to catch the attention of the people that isn't really interested in Green Day

I haven't even thought about/really noticed the tambourine. I guess I haven't yet gotten to the point of hearing the individual pieces of the songs; I'm still absorbing them as whole units, so the lyrics, melodies, riffs, et al get mashed up together (as they should be :lol:). I don't usually start noticing most of those details until later.

Archived