Trilogy Thoughts

Drop Dead Hideous

It's funny, I think Tre is the least cohesive album, the most random, but it's my favorite by far. And in contrast, I think Dos makes the most sense, more consistent sound and message, but it's my least favorite.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trilogy is very good.

But I don't like the names ("Uno, Dos, Tré" Is so "easy") And their artworks. It could be awesome ,and have a deeper impact, with good titles and artworks more elaborated.

I'm sleepy and my english is basic, I hope you understand that :lazy:

It'll be interesting to see how many "new fans" come from this era, because of this music. There are a lot of new usernames around here with trilogy-related titles, and that's nice to see, but I'm not so sure those are people who just discovered/fell in love with Green Day, or just old fans who have now decided to register :P I can't imagine very many people discovered and became die-hard fans from the minimal success of Oh Love (in America at least, that was the only song that got any kind of airplay).

It'll be interesting to see how many "new fans" come from this era, because of this music. There are a lot of new usernames around here with trilogy-related titles, and that's nice to see, but I'm not so sure those are people who just discovered/fell in love with Green Day, or just old fans who have now decided to register :P I can't imagine very many people discovered and became die-hard fans from the minimal success of Oh Love (in America at least, that was the only song that got any kind of airplay).

I don't think Green Day will be getting any new fans with the trilogy.

The promotion has been god awful and it hurts when the band hasn't been doing any interviews or guest spots.

and if Oh Love was the only song they listened to, I would say Green Day fell off hard.

So you're only allowed to have an opinion if you like it then. Nah that's not really how a good forum works.

Well..yes.

Nah just kidding^^

But it really sucks if everyone is just complaining about everything. And if you like a new song which no one likes, you're an asshole.

I hope you get what I mean.

If everyone's complaining about it, that means it's definitely awful though? Just because it's Green Day doesn't automatically make something good? There are a wide range of opinions and the ones that people can actually back up are all worthwhile.

Haven't listened to ¡Tré! yet so I really don't have full toughts on the Trilogy so far.. although I can say I have possitive feelings about ¡Uno! and !Dos!.. If this is not the best they've done, it's sure not the worst. And I'm glad they didn't just made one album like many people wanted, if you don't like one album or one song, well fuck that's why you have 3 records, 37 songs to choose and enjoy..

I have a HUGE problem I now have two Missing You's in my library

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4HY1vc4c38

Good song!

My ratings on the Trilogy

UNO!

Nuclear Family 7/10

Stay The Night 10/10

Carpe Diem 6/10

Let Yourself Go 7/10

Kill The DJ 10/10

Fell For You 7/10

Loss Of Control 3/10

Troublemaker 8/10

Angel Blue 4/10

Sweet 16 8/10

Rusty James 9/10

Oh Love 6/10

LISTEN TO: Stay The Night, Kill The DJ

DOS!

See You Tonight not rated

Fuck Time 7/10

Stop When The Red Lights Flash 4/10

Lazy Bones 9/10

Wild One 10/10

Makeout Party 7/10

Stray Heart 10/10

Ashley 7/10

Baby Eyes 4/10

Lady Cobra 6/10

Nightlife 5/10

Wow! That’s Loud 8/10

Amy 7/10

LISTEN TO: Wild One, Stray Heart

TRÉ!

Brutal Love 8/10

Missing You 7/10

8th Avenue Serenade 10/10

Drama Queen 8/10

X-Kid 7/10

Sex, Drugs & Violence 3/10

Little Boy Named Train 3/10

Amanda 9/10

Walk Away 5/10

Dirty Rotten Bastards 6/10

99 Revolutions 7/10

The Forgotten 6/10

LISTEN TO: 8th Avenue Serenade, Amanda

Good song!

Lol. I just deleted it. It was on my Grand Theft Auto: Vice City soundtrack. That game has the best soundtrack of any game in the world (except for GD rockband)

Lol. I just deleted it. It was on my Grand Theft Auto: Vice City soundtrack. That game has the best soundtrack of any game in the world (except for GD rockband)

Shoulda kept it

I have a HUGE problem I now have two Missing You's in my library

Haha, that's nothing! I have 240 songs that share names with one or more other songs. It's kind of fun to listen to them and say, "Ok, which 'Already Gone' is better?" or something. I made some playlists for duos vs. trios vs. 4+ same name songs. :)

As soon as I get Tré, I'll have 3 "Walk Away"s.

Also, for the record, Uno, Dos, Tre!>>>>>>>>>>>Sandinista!

You can't even compare these as they were going for completely different things. Sandinista is an experimental triple album on which almost nothing sounds like a standard Clash track, but all tracks have a unified 'sound'. Uno, Dos, Tre is three separate albums which have a unifying concept, but also work on their own and it is meant to showcase the different sides of Green Day with only small amounts of experimentation.

All I can say is that while Sandinista has more filler, I also think it has more 'great' songs whereas the trilogy is more consistently 'good' with a few standouts. Also lyrically, I don't think there is much comparison here, Sandinista is a lyrical masterpiece. Uno, Dos Tre is lyrically ehh with some good ones.

But really they are not comparable except in terms of song number

The trilogy is very good.

But I don't like the names ("Uno, Dos, Tré" Is so "easy") And their artworks. It could be awesome ,and have a deeper impact, with good titles and artworks more elaborated.

I'm sleepy and my english is basic, I hope you understand that :lazy:

I don't think the name and appearance of these albums are part of the problem at all

In all honesty the only two songs I don't like are 'Troublemaker' and 'Nightlife'. Everything else is top notch. Very happy with the trilogy.

I'm worried that none of the albums will go platinum or even gold ...

So? Did you enjoy the trilogy? If so who cares if it goes gold platinum or wood?

Vice City soundtrack kicks so much ass.

Vice City soundtrack kicks so much ass.

So much! Vice City is the best game ever. I love cruising on a PCJ through downtown, running over Haitians in a Voodoo fuckin' with the hydraulics, sniping out peoples tires at red lights, jumping Banshees in Vice Point, Jesus, I should change my name to Tommy Vercetti. The ONLY game I play on playstation.

And don't even get me started on hopping taxis! The best!

Glad to see that people are starting to warm up to Walk Away. There is fantastic lyricism and sentiment in those lyrics.

i started to warm up to walk away and sex, drugs and violence.

they are not great, but fun to listen to once in a while. missing you on the other hand is getting more boring every time i hear it. and LBNT ist still the same: boring as hell.

to me tre is an album which contains mostly good-average green day songs and one übersong: brutal love. and one really bad song: LBNT.

Man, I thought the trilogy was pretty good. I love the whole rise-and-fall theme throughout all three albums, and how each album has a rise-fall concept within themselves.

So much! Vice City is the best game ever. I love cruising on a PCJ through downtown, running over Haitians in a Voodoo fuckin' with the hydraulics, sniping out peoples tires at red lights, jumping Banshees in Vice Point, Jesus, I should change my name to Tommy Vercetti. The ONLY game I play on playstation.

And don't even get me started on hopping taxis! The best!

I played the shit out of it back in the day. Got it again recently, still so much fun. Still knew my way straight to the club and proceeded to go inside and beat the shit out of everyone :lol: Also still knew all the songs on Emotion fm. "i am fernado martinez" :toocool:

Archived