iUno! ranked 8th on Rolling Stone's top 50 albums of 2012

Clayish

It beat Mumford and Sons!!! Haha. (nothing against you Mumford and Sons fans...)

I've listened to that album and I don't really liked it, I don't know, maybe I just don't understand it.

Not a terrible list. Some great albums in there. Good to see Japandroids, Titus Andronicus and Best Coast in there.

Agreed with Best Coast in the list.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very pleasantly surprised that Uno! made the list. Not that I don't think it should have, because I love it, but because of all the negativity not only from critics but from some fans as well. For me, I look at every album Green Day has made and view them each as part of the whole Green Day experience. :-)

1. Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen

2. Channel Orange - Frank Ocean images.jpeg

3. Blunderbuss - Jack White

4. Tempest - Bob Dylan

5. The Idler Wheel... - Fiona Apple

6. good kid, m.A.A.d city - Kendrick Lamar images.jpeg

7. Here - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

8. !Uno! - Green Day

9. Celebration Rock - Japandroids

10. Psychedelic Pill - Neil Young and Crazy Horse

Kendrick and Frank Ocean take a W.

My fantasy...

1. iUNO! - Green Day

2. iDOS! - Green Day

3. iTRÉ! - Green Day

4. Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen

5. Channel Orange - Frank Ocean images.jpeg

6. Blunderbuss - Jack White

7. Tempest - Bob Dylan

8. The Idler Wheel... - Fiona Apple

9. good kid, m.A.A.d city - Kendrick Lamar images.jpeg

10. Here - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero

Man, would it have been awesome...

Well if Uno! wins a Grammy I'll jump off a moving train into a moat of crocodiles. Not that the album is the worst thing ever, but seriously, if that's Grammy award winning material sign me up because I think I could nag one or two myself.

As much as I've enjoyed the ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tre! trilogy and Green Day, I don't think ¡Uno! deserves to be so high on the Rolling Stones top 50 albums, if even at all, and it is certainly not Grammy material.

As much as I've enjoyed the ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tre! trilogy and Green Day, I don't think ¡Uno! deserves to be so high on the Rolling Stones top 50 albums, if even at all, and it is certainly not Grammy material.

If anything I'd rank Tre over Uno, but even that would be a stretch for a Grammy... on the other hand, I could see them getting one for the collective trilogy.

If anything I'd rank Tre over Uno, but even that would be a stretch for a Grammy... on the other hand, I could see them getting one for the collective trilogy.

I would agree with that, as a collective whole, maybe I haven't had the chance to listen to all three albums back to back, but I have a feeling doing that will entirely chance my stance on everything. I gained more of an appreciation for Uno! after listening to Dos! right afterwards. EDIT: I loved Dos! and found it better than Uno! but I understood better what Green Day was going for with Uno! after hearing Dos!

It's Rolling Stone, it will more than likely be Bob Dylan's new album.

Hail to the king! :)

I'm surprised Uno is so high on the list! Yay!

It's also good to see some of those other albums on the list - I love Muse and Garbage, fun is pretty good. And I keep hearing about Beach House lately; I'll have to check them out.

I'm glad Green Day ranked higher than Mumford & Sons..... I kind of really hate their music. Sorry, but that banjo and the guy's voice just put me in a bad mood.

If I'd made the list, I would have ranked Dos in the top 50, and definitely higher than Uno. But I love them both. And I haven't heard Tré yet so I can't say for sure, but it'd probably be up there in the top 10 as well. Actually, I'm surprised it's not. Haven't they heard it yet??

One pet peeve about end-of-the-year lists though: Why do they always put them out way before the year is actually over?!? I mean, any album that comes out after Thanksgiving is basically guaranteed to never make any "best of the year" list just because of that.

Great to see this. Delighted that The Boss got this, Wrecking Ball was his best since The Rising. Fantastic album. So glad it destroyed that absolute turd Babel.

Why Muse's album is so down? :mellow:

really happy for Uno but... Where is Linkin Park "Living Things" ??

Muse's new album was godawful. I was surprised it was even on the list. And Linkin Park's album was even worse.

I love how, seriously, basically every one of my ultimate favorite artists released albums this year, and this is the first list one of those favorite artists is on. :lol:

I like Bruce, but idk about No. 1.

mmmm... where is handwritten?

YES.

Rolling Stone has released their end of the year list of the "50 best albums of 2012," with Green Day's ¡Uno! coming in at number eight.

"Green Day took a vacation from sweeping rock operas and spent 2012 banging out hot, hook-mad punk rock like it was 1994 all over again. The first installment in their ¡Uno!-¡Dos!-¡Tré! album trilogy flails and bashes and rants like a spiky dervish - from the Clash-disco of "Kill the DJ" to the mod-Who blood rush of "Carpe Diem." Billie Joe Armstrong blitzes past his 40th birthday without losing the bullshit-calling rage that keeps a man young, cranky and always on the lookout for girls who think "Won't you be my bloody valentine?" is a cool pickup line."

It would be pretty cool if all three albums from the trilogy were included in the list, or even in order, but sadly that was not the case. Other band's that made the list include Bob Dylan, Frank Ocean, and Bruce Springsteen taking the number one spot.

You can read the full top 50 list by heading over to RollingStone.com.

OK, fans shitting on Uno's deservedness now and it being far from Grammy material... I'm in the same camp now, but when this thing came out, most people really did love it, or like it, or think it was good. It got mostly good reviews. It's a solid album if uncreative. We don't need to take the piss out of it.

Archived