Let's make Trilogy instrumentals!

Liam

I know GDC has very many talented musicians so why not give them a bit of fun? What we are going to do is replicate every song from all 3 albums, turning them into as close as possible. You can get together with your friends, family, band, other GDC'ers or even by yourself if you're talented enough. I'll put a list down the bottom and when someone chooses the song they wish to do I will update the post with their username. I have decided as a bit of extra fun, if someone would like to make a alternative instrumental to a song they are welcome to.

Keep in mind that only 1 selected person (unless they choose to do it with you) can be the one to make the replicated instrumental. As for alternative instrumentals, anyone can make one.

We aren't expecting the most high quality studio recordings but we would like the quality as best as possible.

Depending on how this goes, we may do it again for older albums!

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Uno:
1. Nuclear Family
2. Stay The Night
3. Carpe Diem - Jon Benjamin and Patrick.
4. Let Yourself Go - April Fool
5. Kill The DJ
6. Fell For You
7. Loss Of Control
8. Troublemaker
9. Angel Blue
10. Sweet 16
11. Rusty James
12. Oh Love

Dos:
1. See You Tonight - Patrick.
2. F–k Time
3. Stop When The Red Lights Flash
4. Lazy Bones
5. Wild One
6. Makeout Party
7. Stray Heart - K-Lo green
8. Ashley
9. Baby Eyes
10. Lady Cobra
11. Nightlife
12. Wow! That’s Loud
13. Amy - Patrick.

Tre:
1. Brutal Love
2. Missing You
3. 8th Avenue Serenade
4. Drama Queen
5. X-Kid
6. Sex, Drugs & Violence
7. Little Boy Named Train
8. Amanda - K-Lo green
9. Walk Away
10. Dirty Rotten Bastards
11. 99 Revolutions
12. The Forgotten - April Fool

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can it just be one instrument? I'd like to do a harmonica cover of Fell for You please!

We're more looking for full band covers, as close as to the original as possible.

But I don't even like music

"the" music? If you didn't like music, you wouldn't be here jk.

Or are you one of those poets/lyrical analysts who just listens for the words and nothing more? There are so many ways to interpret generalized opened ended statements lol. Peace.

I can play The Forgotten in piano but I don't have mics or anything to record it. :/

Well, I can record it in the piano and save it as a MIDI file, but I think that would sound terrible. :S

We're more looking for full band covers, as close as to the original as possible.

Oh… I thought this was a great idea until this.

I was hoping to see interesting takes on songs with sometimes unexpected instruments, like the dookified covers.

Now the results will just be almost like a real instrumental cover but not quite, "hmm there's something off" "it just doesn't sound like green day" comment inducing instrumentals.

Sorry for the negativity but I think the potential of this is in the creative takes on songs, not the as close as possible imitation of green day.

I for one am more interested in a harmonica cover of a song than a rock band cover trying to come as close to the original as possible.

I never said he couldn't do it, I just said we're looking more for full band covers like the originals. If you read the OP, it does say we will take other types of covers. Personally, I'd love to see some Dookiefied instrumentals as well

"the" music? If you didn't like music, you wouldn't be here jk.

Or are you one of those poets/lyrical analysts who just listens for the words and nothing more? There are so many ways to interpret generalized opened ended statements lol. Peace.

No I don't like music like songs

Songs are the worst.

I can do bass and drums for carpe diem

Find someone else to do lead and rhythm guitar and you're all set :)

I'll do The Forgotten. I have all the recording tools I need.

When my band's bassist's studio is finished getting remodeled, we cover Let Yourself Go all the time and we can record that. No promises on that one any time soon though. It's taken forever.

I'm a recording engineer/producer. I'd be happy to mix peoples' tracks/master the multi-track files.

I can play the kazoo... :ninja:

...y'know in case you need one.

You could maybe use it in Brutal Love :D

Could I do a piano instrumental for 8th Ave Serenade? I mean, a full band instrumental would be technically possible, but like it was mentioned above, people would just complain that it doesn't sound like Green Day.

Archived