If Green Day made a movie about their lives...

Jean

Who do you think would play them? Or do you think SHOULD play them?

What significant moments do you think should be included?

To answer the second question, I think they should include a flashback of some sort of when Billie's father passed and when he got his guitar Blue. They should also include when he met Adie and when they got married since she inspired a lot of their music. Oh and they should include when he stripped down on stage (just because). And when Mike was high when he came up with the bass line for Longview.

What else?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can't not have iHeartRadio! :happy:

I really don't think anybody could pull off any of the band members, no matter how good the actor.

Wow, that's a cool thread idea :happy:

I'd say when Tre started to play with the Lookouts and then when he met Billie and Mike at Gilman.

Maybe also when baby (or whatever age he was) Tre returned from Germany since, if they decided for whatever reason to stay (if that was even possible), he wouldn't have met them.

If Green Day fans banded together to write a biopic of these guys, it would need to be more than one film :P

Important events to be included:

- Just showing them chilling at Christie Road.

-Winona Ryder rumours

- Rod's Hickory Pit gig

- Some kind of dramatic representation of their ostracisation from Gilman St, plus a sense of closure when the Frustrators etc are allowed to play there again

- Woodstock mudfight

-Bad behaviour at Sunset Marquis

- Billie's bust up with that dude who was starting fights at one of their concerts

- Billie's DUI arrest for that matter

-They should show a chain of political events leading up to 9/11 and the Iraq war throughout the film, so that their comeback with AI, seems more gradual. Also makes it more interesting and puts their movement into context.

-Actually, they should also include that book mobile interview in '93 where they 'casually mention' a rock opera with a dude named 'Jimmy'.

- Another dramatic representation of those stages between Dookie and Insomniac, and warning and AI where they were close to breaking up.

- And iHeart radio of course.

Damn, I'm taking this far too seriously.

I'm taking this far too seriously.

Denzel should play Mike.

and Tre should be played by Morgan Freeman, because theyre both so epic ;)

If Green Day did a movie about their lives, they should put inside very rare interviews by them, because that would be very awesome :D

And some rare pics too !

And have each member's opinions and their thoughts on each of their albums and they could give some details and some anecdotes.

And, finally, they should really put the making of all of their videos too ( you can't imagine how I would be soo excited to see making of from the When I Come Around, Basket Case, Longview, Geek Stink Breath ...).

That's all :D

Another idea:

At the beginning of the movie, show Billie as a five year old recording Look For Love and doing the interview (like the start of International Superhits).

Another idea:

At the beginning of the movie, show Billie as a five year old recording Look For Love and doing the interview (like the start of International Superhits).

mmmm WONDERFUL

I've always thought that Aaron Paul aka Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad would be an awesome person to play Billie Joe in a movie

maybe the cast from AI the musical could be them? them and certain people that is...

I don't know who should play them... :ermm: There's no one as cute as them! :shy:

But I think the story should be something from the early beginning, when they start playing with Tré, then the massive success of Dookie and the crap they had to take ( :( ) and finally the hugeness of American Idiot; but giving place to their later 4 new records.

(I would cry a lot if they do a movie of their career)

Nicolas Cage should play them all

Untitled37.jpeg

That's just awful!! :lol:

Untitled37.jpeg

He'a Nicholas Cage he'll end up in the movie somehow.

Untitled37.jpeg

He'a Nicholas Cage he'll end up in the movie somehow.

Those guys from that band The Network should play them, I mean they look so alike y'know?

this is a good idea. idk who would play them best, since them three are all too adorable, and i'd say anybody from AI musical would offer to be in it somehow. and there would be like 2-3 separate movies so much happened with Green Day. You just cannot put all into one 2 hour movie... then the movie would be like 4-5 hours.

Somebody who can play Billie in the Dookie days.

110127mag-chad-duell1.jpgchad_duell_02.jpg

Chad Duell from General Hospital. Just dye his hair and give him a punk makeover and I think he would look the part.

Now as for acting, well I've only seen him on GH so I don't know if he can pull it off but whatever.

Somebody who can play Billie in the Dookie days.

110127mag-chad-duell1.jpgchad_duell_02.jpg

Chad Duell from General Hospital. Just dye his

hair and give him a punk makeover and I think he would look the part.

Now as for acting, well I've only seen him on GH so I don't know if he can pull it off but whatever.

Perfect, except I think he'd have to lose a tad bit of weight as well. Billie was skinny as shit in the dookie days.

and Tre should be played by Morgan Freeman, because theyre both so epic ;)

Nah, Morgan Freeman should narrate it! He is the voice of GOD!! :lol:

Untitled37.jpeg

Oh! God! :shok:

Jim Carrey as Billie or Robert Downy Jr
Liam Neeson or Pierce Brosnan as Mike
Jack Black as Tre
Jackie Chan as Jason just cause
Harrison Ford or Sean Connery as Rob Cavallo
Vin Diesel or Ice Cube as Larry Livermore
Jonah Hill and Daniel Radcliffe as Billie's sons
Alyson Hannigan as Adrienne

If it was set around 95 I'd go Anne Hathaway and Daniel Radcliffe as Billie and Adrienne

Archived