Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tre lyrics

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

StefanD

StefanD
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2012
  • 74 rep
haha yeah definatley bottom feeders frenzy

AndrewW91

AndrewW91
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Joined Feb 13, 2008
  • 497 rep

Here's to all God's losers la la la la ley
The bottom feeders frenzy

Damn. Yall got to it first. Haha.

Edited by AndrewW91, 05 December 2012 - 06:08 PM.

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,431 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,135 rep
Gosh the lyrics to Amanda were SO much better before... Why would Billie change them....

StiffLittleFinger

StiffLittleFinger
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Joined Oct 15, 2012
  • 274 rep
Fuck Yeah ~!

WrongWayToSalvation

WrongWayToSalvation
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Joined Aug 06, 2012
  • 530 rep

Gosh the lyrics to Amanda were SO much better before... Why would Billie change them....

How do you know if he changed them? Those lyrics fit with the Red 7 recording.

TmastaTay

TmastaTay
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined Dec 04, 2011
  • 23 rep

Why not just post this in the Tre Lyrics thread? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I didn't know there was a specific thread. xD Katarina merged it though. :)

basKT_case90

basKT_case90
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2009
  • 239 rep

Nearly all the lyrics remained the same. Man was changed from kid in the first verse, and the bridge is from Gabriella, but everything is pretty much how it was. Are you comparing it to the fan heard lyrics by any chance? Because you can't really trust them

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,431 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,135 rep

How do you know if he changed them? Those lyrics fit with the Red 7 recording.

I think the first verse is changed a bit, and the bridge

Cob

Cob
  • They Speak of My Drinking, But Never of my Thirst

• 3,037 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,596 rep
I'm absolutely blown away by the passion behind the lyrics and the vocals in 99 Revolutions. I almost break a tear when singing this song, the chills are so strong.

Theres a trouble in the air a rumble in the streets/a going out of business sale in a race to bankruptcy/It's not 1 to 99 It's 99 to 1 /A common cause and a call to arms /for the health of our daughters and our sons

Genius. Absolute.

I'm loving that line in the chorus of Amanda too. "Is this some kind of love/that only hate could understand"

Broccoli Bob

Broccoli Bob
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined May 27, 2007
  • 135 rep

I'm absolutely blown away by the passion behind the lyrics and the vocals in 99 Revolutions. I almost break a tear when singing this song, the chills are so strong.

Theres a trouble in the air a rumble in the streets/a going out of business sale in a race to bankruptcy/It's not 1 to 99 It's 99 to 1 /A common cause and a call to arms /for the health of our daughters and our sons

Genius. Absolute.

I'm loving that line in the chorus of Amanda too. "Is this some kind of love/that only hate could understand"

I was blown away by the raw emotion in the vocals for Brutal Love and X-Kid, especially towards the end. Puts a huge smile on my face.

I also love how the "red lights flash" line is on all three of the albums.

Don't stop
Don't stop
Don't stop when the red lights flash

Stop when the red lights flash
I'll trade you blood for dirty cash

Chop me a line of my best friend's ashes
Dust to dust when the red light flashes

• Cob likes this

Cob

Cob
  • They Speak of My Drinking, But Never of my Thirst

• 3,037 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,596 rep

I was blown away by the raw emotion in the vocals for Brutal Love and X-Kid, especially towards the end. Puts a huge smile on my face.

I also love how the "red lights flash" line is on all three of the albums.

Don't stop
Don't stop
Don't stop when the red lights flash

Stop when the red lights flash
I'll trade you blood for dirty cash

Chop me a line of my best friend's ashes

Seriously. Great way to evoke themes and concept in the trilogy, it really reminds us that these 3 albums go so well together.

Skull_Throne

Skull_Throne
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined Mar 21, 2011
  • 30 rep

Genius. Absolute.

I was blown away by the entire record. Seriously. This is good! Like, up there with American Idiot good. :runaround:
  • thatdude03 and Cob like this

BlackBaboon

BlackBaboon
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined Dec 19, 2010
  • 132 rep
Calling all demons
This is the season
Next stop is therapy

We’re the retarded
And the broken-hearted
The season of misery

Here’s to the wasted
I can almost taste it
The rejects and waste of times

Gonna take it further
Get away with murder
And no one here is getting out alive

(GreenDayAuthority.com)

Here’s to all God’s losers
Ra da da da de
The bottom-feeder’s frenzy

Here’s to all blood suckers
Sing along with me
‘Cause we don’t say no
Scream 1-2-3

We’re too old to be misbehaved
We sold our souls and so ashamed of ourselves
So we wait for Miss Judgement Day
Write me a letter and send it to my grave

All fucked up beyond intervention
Fuck the world this is my revolution
Long lost souls and liven’ in cages
I’m on a bender It’s one for the ages

I’ve got the urge to binge and surge
The tables turn
To crash and burn

Juliana Homicide
Make my demons come to life
Juliana Homicide
Won’t you be my blushing bride?

Chop me a line of my best friend’s ashes
What the fuck does “OK” stand for?
When the afterlife is nothing worth dying for

I’ve got the urge to binge and surge
The tables turn
To crash and burn

Juliana Homicide
Make my demons come to life
Juliana Homicide
Won’t you be my blushing bride?

California’s burning to the ground
And Julianna walks on holy ground
Where there’s smoke there’s fire
Burning out the lights

‘Cause California’s burning down tonight
Tonight

Calling all demons
This is the season
Next stop is therapy

We’re the retarded
And the broken-hearted
The season of misery

Here’s to the wasted
I can almost taste it
The rejects and waste of times

Gonna take it further
Get away with murder
And no one here is getting out alive

Here’s to all God’s losers
Ra da da da de
The bottom-feeder’s frenzy

Here’s to all blood suckers
Sing along with me
‘Cause we don’t say no
Scream 1-2-3

Carried Away

I've been examining the Dirty Rotten Bastard lyrics a bit closer so this is my opinion on what the song is about. When the song starts with Calling all demons, I think this is more of an introspective call being that the previous demons in this trilogy haven't been literal people who are sinister or losers, but emotions. So knowing that I would say that the 'therapy' in the opening lines is metaphorically hitting a bar or something where all the pent up frustration and demons inside the narrator can be released with less consequence. The narrator is just going to get drunk on life and 'let himself go.' The narrator goes on to state 'we're the retarded and the broken-hearted,' which makes me think that not only are the narrators demons making him feel stupid and broken, so are his actions. He wants to release his demons so he can feel happy and alive again. He is also likely including the other patrons of this metaphorical bar or party he is at because they're all there for the same reason. In an essence, he's including all middle-aged people suffering through a new phase of their life and they're all meeting at this metaphorical party. The next six lines I think further solidify the idea of a bar of miscreants coming together to chant an old Irish drinking song. They're all wasted rejects and they've been feeling down on themselves. However, no one here is getting out alive doesn't carry the same connotation it did back in Having a Blast. This time the sentiment deals more with the fact that everyone is going to die so if you want to do something you have to do it now instead of moping about being losers. The chorus for this opening part shows the narrator accepting his position and inviting the other losers to venture out and take risks with him rather than feeling sorry for themselves or moaning about getting too old.

The next four lines seem to laugh in the face of the idea that rebellion has an expiration date. It's the narrator saying, "Throw off your suits and ties and let's not worry about the consequences or how people might perceive us. We could sit around and wait for Judgement Day and death, but why do that. We'll read and care what people think about us when we're dead (essentially, we won't care ever).

The next section is about releasing these inner demons. The idea of being fucked up beyond intervention and not caring about the perceptions of the world. The narrator feels like a lost soul who has been trapped by his age like a cage so now he's going on a bender or more literally a spree through which he can release his demons. Next he calls on Julianna Homicide to brings his inner demons to life. After researching the name Julianna, I can see why Billie picked it. The name is associated with youthfulness, rebellion, and excitement at the prospect of change. He's calling on a young fresh voice to rescue him from the restrictions of old age. It's not literally a woman or a bride but an idea that being married to youthfulness will allow him to explore his demons and overcome them. The flashing red lights here seem to symbolize death. Dust to dust means total finality or the complete end of something so it's like he's speeding down the road of life and he knows when he comes to the red lights it's over, so he's going to keep speeding along, pushing through the yellows and greens as long as he can. I think the idea of asking what OK stands for is like searching for some religion or theology to practice. The narrator is saying that in the afterlife you'll find out, but there are so many different possibilities as with where the abbreviation came from, that it's pointless to argue over because the red lights may start flashing any second now.

The idea of California burning down just seems to reinforce the idea that the narrator is letting everything out. He's walking with Julianna through all the flames and smoke and it doesn't matter to them because this ground of expression is so holy.

Then the last section is just the repetition of We're Carried Away until it dies out. I think this is the part where the narrator recognizes that this bender he was on had actual ramifications for other people and accepts that while he doesn't have to grow old in spirit, he still needs to ensure that he isn't going around deliberately harming other people.
  • Heather., Iza. and Yellowcard like this

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,865 rep

Write me a letter and send it to my grave - Letterbomb

I really hope all those lyrics were deliberately throwbacks, otherwise Billie has a major recycling problem and vocabulary shortage crisis.

I've been examining the Dirty Rotten Bastard lyrics a bit closer so this is my opinion on what the song is about. When the song starts with Calling all demons, I think this is more of an introspective call being that the previous demons in this trilogy haven't been literal people who are sinister or losers, but emotions. So knowing that I would say that the 'therapy' in the opening lines is metaphorically hitting a bar or something where all the pent up frustration and demons inside the narrator can be released with less consequence. The narrator is just going to get drunk on life and 'let himself go.' The narrator goes on to state 'we're the retarded and the broken-hearted,' which makes me think that not only are the narrators demons making him feel stupid and broken, so are his actions. He wants to release his demons so he can feel happy and alive again. He is also likely including the other patrons of this metaphorical bar or party he is at because they're all there for the same reason. In an essence, he's including all middle-aged people suffering through a new phase of their life and they're all meeting at this metaphorical party. The next six lines I think further solidify the idea of a bar of miscreants coming together to chant an old Irish drinking song. They're all wasted rejects and they've been feeling down on themselves. However, no one here is getting out alive doesn't carry the same connotation it did back in Having a Blast. This time the sentiment deals more with the fact that everyone is going to die so if you want to do something you have to do it now instead of moping about being losers. The chorus for this opening part shows the narrator accepting his position and inviting the other losers to venture out and take risks with him rather than feeling sorry for themselves or moaning about getting too old.

The next four lines seem to laugh in the face of the idea that rebellion has an expiration date. It's the narrator saying, "Throw off your suits and ties and let's not worry about the consequences or how people might perceive us. We could sit around and wait for Judgement Day and death, but why do that. We'll read and care what people think about us when we're dead (essentially, we won't care ever).

The next section is about releasing these inner demons. The idea of being fucked up beyond intervention and not caring about the perceptions of the world. The narrator feels like a lost soul who has been trapped by his age like a cage so now he's going on a bender or more literally a spree through which he can release his demons. Next he calls on Julianna Homicide to brings his inner demons to life. After researching the name Julianna, I can see why Billie picked it. The name is associated with youthfulness, rebellion, and excitement at the prospect of change. He's calling on a young fresh voice to rescue him from the restrictions of old age. It's not literally a woman or a bride but an idea that being married to youthfulness will allow him to explore his demons and overcome them. The flashing red lights here seem to symbolize death. Dust to dust means total finality or the complete end of something so it's like he's speeding down the road of life and he knows when he comes to the red lights it's over, so he's going to keep speeding along, pushing through the yellows and greens as long as he can. I think the idea of asking what OK stands for is like searching for some religion or theology to practice. The narrator is saying that in the afterlife you'll find out, but there are so many different possibilities as with where the abbreviation came from, that it's pointless to argue over because the red lights may start flashing any second now.

The idea of California burning down just seems to reinforce the idea that the narrator is letting everything out. He's walking with Julianna through all the flames and smoke and it doesn't matter to them because this ground of expression is so holy.

Then the last section is just the repetition of We're Carried Away until it dies out. I think this is the part where the narrator recognizes that this bender he was on had actual ramifications for other people and accepts that while he doesn't have to grow old in spirit, he still needs to ensure that he isn't going around deliberately harming other people.

Bravo with this.

I have nothing to add other than the vibe I got from "Here's to all God's losers... the bottom feeders frenzy... here's to all bloodsuckers sing along with me"... that part is such a beautiful rallying cry for the meek, to celebrate their demons and to give them support, like you're not a lone, we're all a bunch of bottom-feeding bloodsucking losers and we've got to gather together and celebrate it if we want to accept ourselves and live our lives. It's literally about all the Idiots out there. It's gonna be epic to hear live, it'll be like the thousands of people there and the band are all united as "God's losers" :D

GDgirl86

GDgirl86
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined Oct 16, 2012
  • 30 rep

This is one of the best lines ever from a Green Day song...one of many of course.
  • Cob likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users