Your "Uno! Dos! Tre!"-Album

DTH

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping once I get a track list together, I can make a physical mix tape, like a literal cassette tape.

Okay, so I decided to make one in the form of the format 21CB was set as:

1. See You Tonight

2. Dirty Rotten Bastards

Act One: !UNO!

3. Nuclear Family

4. Stop When the Red Lights Flash

5. 8th Avenue Serenade

6. Carpe Diem

7. Lazy Bones

8. Loss of Control

9. X-Kid

Act Two: !DOS!

10. Ashley

11. Baby Eyes

12. Troublemaker

13. Stray Heart

14. Amanda

15. Missing You

16. Let Yourself Go

17. Makeout Party

Act Three: !TRE!

18. 99 Revolutions

19. Lady Cobra

20. Sweet 16

21. Kill the DJ

22. Wow! That's Loud

23. Brutal Love

24. Amy

1. Nuclear Family

2. Stay the Night

3. Missing You

4. Fuck Time

5. Lazy Bones

6. Kill the DJ

7. Wow! That's Loud

8. Oh Love

9. Rusty James

10. Sex, Drugs and Violence

11. Wild One

12. 99 Revolutions

I wanted to use Brutal Love but couldn't fit. So I guess it'd be a bonus track. :lol:

EDIT: Fuck, just noticed I left out X-Kid too. THIS IS TOO HARD.

Mine:

Album Title: Green Day

1) Nuclear Family

2) Stay The Night

3) Let Yourself Go

4) Stray Heart

5) Missing You

6) Amanda

7) Rusty James

8) X-Kid

9) Wow! That's Loud

10) Walk Away

11) 99 Revolutions

12) Dirty Rotten Bastards

13) Brutal Love (I think this track would have been a kickass finale)

1. See You Tonight

2. Nuclear Family

3. Rusty James

4. Missing You

5. 99 Revolutions

6. Stay The Night

7. Stray Heart

8. Sweet 16

9. Lazy Bones

10. Baby Eyes

11. Brutal Love

12. X-Kid

13. Amy

14. The Forgotten

Not that difficult, not at all.

1. Fuck Time
  2. Stay The Night
  3. Fell For You
  4. Sweet 16
  5. Missing You
  6. Stray Heart
  7. Rusty James
  8. Ashley
  9. X-Kid
  10. Lazy Bones
  11. Drama Queen
  12. 99 Revolutions

01. Baby Eyes

02. Let Yourself Go

03. Ashley

04. Sex, Drugs & Violence

05. Stray Heart

06. Nuclear Family

07. Loss Of Control

08. Lazy Bones

09. Dirty Rotten Bastards

10. Fuck Time

11. A Little Boy Named Train

12. Angel Blue

13. 99 Revolutions

A little unconventional but as a fan of the fast paced punchier tracks I went with this. I also tried to really focus on how the beginnings and endings of the tracks fit together.

Give it a try :)

ps. I thinks it's possible to make an album to suit any mood with this trilogy's depth! I love it all (apart from possibly Nightlife :/...)

It's seriously hard for me to even try to think about cutting any songs from these albums, even the weaker songs.

Like from Uno, I'd only really get over 2 songs, and even then I really don't want to get rid of one of them.

From Dos, probably just See You Tonight would go, and even then...

I can't really say Tre because I've only listened to it for less than a day.

Lol I was actually thinking about making a post exactly like this today.

Anyways, here's mine:

1. See You Tonight (good intro song - like Song of the Century)

2. Carpe Diem

3. Wild One

4. Oh Love (it seems odd that they would put their first single at the end of the album)

5. Nightlife (I would have preferred if they didn't include Lady Cobra in it. Just give Billie or hell even Mike some verses to sing)

6. Stray Heart

7. Kill the DJ

8. The Forgotten

9. Lazy Bones

10. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

11. X-Kid

12. Dirty Rotten Bastards

13, Brutal Love

14. Sweet 16

15. 99 Revolutions

16. Fell For You

17. Baby Eyes

18. Wow! That's Loud

20. Stay The Night (this song has an epic intro and end, fitting for an album closer)

21. Amy (hidden track)

BONUS DISC

1.Amanda

2. Fuck Time

3. Sex, Drugs and Violence

4. Nuclear Family

5. Let Yourself Go

6. Makeout Party

7. Troublemaker

8. Walk Away

9. Ashley

10. Drama Queen

This took longer than I thought it would. Lots of editing. The first list is probably too long to fit on a disc.

Here's mine!

I decided to put 6 songs from each album and make a playlist! To me it was pretty hard to choose :lol:

1. Nuclear Family

2. Stay The Night

3. Missing You

4. Troublemaker

5. Lazy Bones

6. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

7. X-Kid

8. Oh Love

9. Makeout Party

10. Stray Heart

11. Dirty Rotten Bastards

12. Wild One

13. Let Yourself Go

14. Kill The DJ

15. Ashley

16. S*x, Drugs & Violence

17. 99 Revolutions

18. Brutal Love

I wanted to make a record that told a meaningful story and here is what I came up with:

1. X-Kid

2. A Little Boy Named Train

3. Lazy Bones

4. Loss of Control

5. See You Tonight

6. Sweet 16

7. Amanda

8. 8th Avenue Serenade

9. Carpe Diem

10. Stay the Night

11. Fuck Time

13. 99 Revolutions

14. Wild One

15. Let Yourself Go

16. Nuclear Family

17. Walk Away

18. Oh Love

19. Nightlife

20. Sex, Drugs & Violence

21. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

22. Rusty James

23. Brutal Love

Total Time - 1:21:27

Now, I realize that this is a lengthy record, but I needed every one of those songs to tell the story that I envisioned. While it's not perfect, I'm quite satisfied with this arrangement.

So, what do you guys think?

I wanted to make a record that told a meaningful story and here is what I came up with:

1. X-Kid

2. A Little Boy Named Train

3. Lazy Bones

4. Loss of Control

5. See You Tonight

6. Sweet 16

7. Amanda

8. 8th Avenue Serenade

9. Carpe Diem

10. Stay the Night

11. Fuck Time

13. 99 Revolutions

14. Wild One

15. Let Yourself Go

16. Nuclear Family

17. Walk Away

18. Oh Love

19. Nightlife

20. Sex, Drugs & Violence

21. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

22. Rusty James

23. Brutal Love

Total Time - 1:21:27

Now, I realize that this is a lengthy record, but I needed every one of those songs to tell the story that I envisioned. While it's not perfect, I'm quite satisfied with this arrangement.

So, what do you guys think?

Odd song placements, but I'm intrigued. What's the narrative you've envisioned?

Not really any story line in this, just a follows a theme of getting through life and living for what it's worth.

If you feel like having a story, it's about a guy who's living life good, has a girlfriend named Ashley who cheats on him and he goes through a "mid-life crisis" fucks up his life, loses control, loses his friends because of what he's done, and then he visits his friend who's dying of cancer and he tells him to live it up. And his friend dies in front of his eyes. And he realizes that this is his only chance to be around so he 'Seizes the Day' and finds Love in himself and life. And at the end he remembers his past and how he became a better man.

INTRO: See You Tonight

1. Nuclear Family

2. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

3. Stay the Night

4. 8th Avenue Serenade

5. Brutal Love

6. Ashley

7. Loss of Control

8. Let Yourself Go

9. Baby Eyes

10. Stray Heart

11. Lazy Bones

13. X-Kid

14. Carpe Diem

15. Oh Love

16. The Forgotten

Just like to note all 3 albums mention the lyric: "Stop When The Red Lights Flash" which is pretty cool. A little consistency in the Trilogy. Haha.

1. Nuclear Family
  2. Stay The Night
  3. Carpe Diem
  4. Let Yourself Go
  5. Kill The DJ
  6. Fell For You
  7. Loss Of Control
  8. Troublemaker
  9. Angel Blue
  10. Sweet 16
  11. Rusty James
  12. Oh Love
  13. See You Tonight
  14. Fuck Time
  15. Stop When The Red Lights Flash
  16. Lazy Bones
  17. Wild One
  18. Makeout Party
  19. Stray Heart
  20. Ashley
  21. Baby Eyes
  22. Lady Cobra
  23. Nightlife
  24. Wow! That's Loud
  25. Amy
  26. Brutal Love
  27. Missing You
  28. 8th Avenue Serenade
  29. Drama Queen
  30. X-Kid
  31. Sex, Drugs, & Violence
  32. A Little Boy Named Train
  33. Amanda
  34. Walk Away
  35. Dirty Rotten Bastards
  36. 99 Revolution
  37. The Forgotten

There's mine.

I have an idea of what my album would be, but then at the same time I just don't know what order I want the tracks in.

Odd song placements, but I'm intrigued. What's the narrative you've envisioned?

Well, I wanted to leave it open to interpretation. But, if you would like to a see an outline of sorts, here you go:

The record begins with an introduction to the main character and his world. In his view, his life has been a mess and waste of time up to this point. Whether it was being forced into being someone he wasn't, losing control of his drug habits, or having his only significant relationship come to an end, his life has been chaotic.

He reaches an all-time low opinion of himself (and his environment) and attempts to be numb to it all. However, he quickly sees that he's just continuing his uneventful existence, so he decides to shift gears and get out of his home town. However, while (physically and mentally) preparing himself to leave for the first time, he unexpectedly receives a message from his old girlfriend. She hears that he's leaving and, as a way of sending him off, invites him to come to a party she's attending. He decides to attend.

This sparks memories (both good and bad) from their old relationship, which makes him rather tense and puts him in a poor mindset. He expects this encounter to be fairly uncomfortable. When he meets her at the party, things start off a little shaky (mostly due to him, not her), but they sort out their differences and actually agree to meet at least one more time before he leaves.

Their second meeting officially sparks a rekindling of their relationship and, of course, makes him reconsider his move. This leads to a wild and exciting several months, until they begin to remember the reasons why they broke up in the first place. Eventually, the relationship comes to a bitter end.

Due to his mixed emotions following this second breakup, he falls back into the same depressed state that he was in at the beginning of the record. He deals with this by returning to his old lifestyle involving drugs, spending time with random women, and any other way he can numb himself.

Eventually, he takes another good look at himself and his "crowd" and (once again) realizes that he needs to get away from all of this.

The record ends with him leaving for good, although he still can't quite get over the only true love of his life (despite all the issues between them).

I'm exhausted and wrote that pretty quickly, so I apologize if that was a bit messy. There's quite a bit more to it than that, but (as I said) this was just an outline.

If Green Day gave me these songs and told me to pick the ones to put in an album, these are the ones I would choose.

1. See You Tonight

2. Nuclear Family

3. 8th Ave Serenade

4. Stay the Night

5. Let Yourself Go

6. Wow! That’s Loud

7. Oh Love

8. Fuck Time

9. Stray Heart

10. Amanda

11. Fell For You

12. Wild One

13. X-Kid

14. Missing You

15. Rusty James

16. Brutal Love

17. The Forgotten

I kind of made it into a concept record with my own story. Although I do like other songs, they just didn't fit into the story

Well, I wanted to leave it open to interpretation. But, if you would like to a see an outline of sorts, here you go:

The record begins with an introduction to the main character and his world. In his view, his life has been a mess and waste of time up to this point. Whether it was being forced into being someone he wasn't, losing control of his drug habits, or having his only significant relationship come to an end, his life has been chaotic.

He reaches an all-time low opinion of himself (and his environment) and attempts to be numb to it all. However, he quickly sees that he's just continuing his uneventful existence, so he decides to shift gears and get out of his home town. However, while (physically and mentally) preparing himself to leave for the first time, he unexpectedly receives a message from his old girlfriend. She hears that he's leaving and, as a way of sending him off, invites him to come to a party she's attending. He decides to attend.

This sparks memories (both good and bad) from their old relationship, which makes him rather tense and puts him in a poor mindset. He expects this encounter to be fairly uncomfortable. When he meets her at the party, things start off a little shaky (mostly due to him, not her), but they sort out their differences and actually agree to meet at least one more time before he leaves.

Their second meeting officially sparks a rekindling of their relationship and, of course, makes him reconsider his move. This leads to a wild and exciting several months, until they begin to remember the reasons why they broke up in the first place. Eventually, the relationship comes to a bitter end.

Due to his mixed emotions following this second breakup, he falls back into the same depressed state that he was in at the beginning of the record. He deals with this by returning to his old lifestyle involving drugs, spending time with random women, and any other way he can numb himself.

Eventually, he takes another good look at himself and his "crowd" and (once again) realizes that he needs to get away from all of this.

The record ends with him leaving for good, although he still can't quite get over the only true love of his life (despite all the issues between them).

I'm exhausted and wrote that pretty quickly, so I apologize if that was a bit messy. There's quite a bit more to it than that, but (as I said) this was just an outline.

Great narrative. Wow. I have a very similar idea in my head, which is why I was initially intrigued by your playlist. I would change a few things in terms of the song order/songs included though.

Okay, here's mine.

1. Stay the Night

2. Kill the DJ

3. 8th Avenue Serenade

4. X-Kid

5. Missing You

6. Rusty James

7. Carpe Diem

8. 99 Revolutions

9. Let Yourself Go

10. Dirty Rotten Bastards

11. Stray Heart

12. Brutal Love

I think we would all agree that if they only put out a 12-song album with only our favourite songs, the album would be amazing, to say the least! But, alas, it's great they put out 3 since we all love different songs.

I wanted to do a shorter album, but it's impossible to me hahaha, so, let's go:

¡UNO,DOS...TRÉ!

1.Nuclear Family

2.Let Yourself Go

3.Angel Blue

4.Rusty James

5.Kill the Dj

6.Stay the Night

7.Fuck Time

8.Makeout Party

9.Ashley

10.Lazy Bones