15. X Kid

16. Brutal Love

17. Amanda

18. Little Boy Named Train

19. Dirty Rotten Bastards

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this isnt uno dos tre this would be an international superhits 2 like AI and onwards

1.See You Tonight

2.Dirty Rotten Bastards

3.Kill the DJ

4.American Idiot

5.Know Your Enemy

6.X-Kid

7.Holiday

8.21st Century Breakdown

9.Nuclear Family

10.Fuck Time

11.Missing You

12.Stop When The Red Lights Flash

13.21 Guns

14.Stay the Night

15.Makeout Party

16.Let Yourself Go

17.Stray Heart

18.Oh Love

19.American Eulogy

20.99 Revolutions

this isnt uno dos tre this would be an international superhits 2 like AI and onwards

International Superhits was just all the singles plus two bonus tracks. If Green Day makes another greatest hits album, it would just be the singles.

My Greatest album number 2 would be

Paper Lanterns (Best known song from 39/smooth because of Woodstock)

2,000 Light Years Away (Most played Kerplunk song)

Longview

Welcome To Paradise

Basket Case

When I Come Around

J.A.R

Geek Stink Breath

Stuck With Me

Brain Stew/Jaded

Hitchin A Ride

Good Riddance

Minority

Warning

American Idiot

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Holiday

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Jesus Of Suburbia

The Saints Are Coming

Working Class Hero

Know Your Enemy

21 Guns

East Jesus Nowhere

Oh Love

Stray Heart

The Forgotten

Bonus Tracks: 86, King For A Day, Castaway, St Jimmy, Cigarettes and Valentines, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield

Singles that charted well, and then just at least 1 from each album

My Greatest Hits: Volume II (only counting AI onwards). To make it really hard, I'll try keep it to twelve tracks.

1. Jesus of Suburbia

2. American Idiot

3. Stay the Night

4. Holiday

5. Boulevard of Broken Dreams

6. Letterbomb

7. Let Yourself Go

8. Kill the DJ

9. X-Kid

10. Wake Me Up When September Ends

11. Stray Heart

12. 21 Guns

That would be my perfect album!

My greatest hits would be 1 American Idiot 2. Holiday 3. Boulevard of broken dreams 4. Jesus of Suberbia 5. Wake me up when September ends 6. Saints are coming 7. Working class hero 8. Know your enemy 9. Last of the American girls 10. 21 guns 11. 21st century breakdown 12 when I'm time 13. Oh love 14. Kill the dj 15. Let yourself go 16. Stray heart 17. Lazy bones 18. Amy 19. 99 revolutions 20. The forgotten 21. New bonus track 22. New bonus

My greatest hits would be:

Disc 1;

Basket Case

Longview

Welcome To Paradise

She

When I Come Around

Brat

Geek Stink Breath

Brain Stew

Nice Guys Finish Last

Hitchin' A Ride

Redundant

King For A Day

J.A.R (Jason Andrew Relva)

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Warning

Maria

Misery

Deadbeat Holiday

Waiting

Minority

Macy's Day Parade

Disc 2:

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Holiday

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

St Jimmy

Give Me Novacaine

Letterbomb

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Homecoming

Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown

Know Your Enemy

Before the Lobotomy

Last Night on Earth

East Jesus Nowhere

Last of the American Girls

Viva La Gloria?

Restless Heart Syndrome

Horseshoes and Handgrenades

American Eulogy

Favorite Son

21 Guns

Disc 3:

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Let Yourself Go

Kill the DJ

Fell For You

Rusty James

Oh Love

See You Tonight

Fuck Time

SWTRLF

Lazy Bones

Stray Heart

Ashley

Lady Cobra

Nightlife

Amy

Brutal Love

The Forgotten

Not so hard, since Dos is complete shit and Uno isn't that great either.

Basically, it's Tre with just a few changes.

1. Brutal Love

2. Missing You

3. Fuck Time

4. Drama Queen

5. X-Kid

6. Sex, Drugs and Violence

7. Stray Heart

8. Angel Blue

9. Nuclear Family

10. Kill The DJ

11. Walk Away

12. Dirty Rotten Bastards

13. Lazy Bones

14. The Forgotten

Here's my tracklist! :)

1. Stray Heart

2. Oh Love

3. Let Yourself Go

4. Missing You

5. Stay The Night

5. Lazy Bones

6. X-Kid

7. Sex, Drugs and Violence

8. Fuck Time

9. Nuclear Family

10. Loss Of Control

11. Dirty Rotten Bastards

12. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

13. Brutal Love

14. Carpe Diem

15. 99 Revolutions

Open for opinions! :)

1. Nuclear Family
  2. Stay the Night
  3. Carpe Diem
  4. Fell For You
  5. Rusty James
  6. Lazy Bones
  7. Wild One
  8. Stray Heart
  9. Amy
  10. Missing You
  11. 8th Avenue Serenade
  12. X-Kid

bada bing bada boom

I made a 12-track album with my favs, let me know what you think, ok?

1. Dirty Rotten Bastards

2. Nuclear Family

3. 99 Revolutions

4. Let Yourself Go

5. Sex, Drugs & Violence

6. Loss Of Control

7. Makeout Party

8. Ashley

9. Lady Cobra

10. Sweet 16

11. 8th Avenue Serenade

12. Wow! That's Loud

(Wow! That's Loud proved to be a perfect closer)

mine is

1. Xkid

2. Oh Love

3. Carpe Diem

4. Fuck/Fwoo Time

5. The Forgotten

6. 99 Revolutions

7. Let Yourself Go

8. Stay The Night

9. Ashley

10. Kill the DJ

11. Nuclear Family

12. Amy

13. Makeout Party

14. Stray Heart.

hello!, as many may agree, i think green day's trilogy of albums is great, i spend a large part of the day understanding, listening and learning new things and raising new questions, one of those questions was, "what if there is a story to tell in these albums?" even if it was unintentional, i found myself in another concept album following a gang of punk rockers called the "nuclear family" in search of the party of the century, filled with lust, drugs, loss and of course, love. I created a playlist containing most of the songs, shuffled them around until i felt the story was solid and i think i did a pretty good job, please feel free to comment, i think this is a pretty neat idea, if you have any story ideas and would also like to make a playlist along with song meanings, i would listen to them. lets have an awesome discussion.

1. NUCLEAR FAMILY (a loud noise sets them out on a search for the perfect party)

2.STOP WHEN THE RED LIGHTS FLASH (the loud noise leads them to the red light district of town)

3.LET YOURSELF GO (the party of the century is found, a small strip joint is destroyed in the process)

4.KILL THE DJ (the party is moved to a huge disco, where a rave was taking place, but the nuclear family takes over)

5.TROUBLE MAKER (the gang is now out to get laid, hitting on everything that moves)

6.MAKEOUT PARTY (everyone has a girl by their side, and they head upstairs to a small room)

7.FUCK TIME (this is pretty self-explanatory)

8.OH LOVE (shortly after, the leader of the gang finds himself unsatisfied with sex, love is what he wants, he passes out)

9.FELL FOR YOU (the morning after, the leader reminisces about a girl in his dream with whom he fell in love, he sees her later at the disco

and declares his love)

10.WILD ONE (the two fall in love and spend all night slow-dancing)

11.SEE YOU TONIGHT (the following day, the leader and his gang plan to serenade his new found love, but are cut off by someone's arrival)

12. WOW! THATS LOUD (the arrival of lady cobra sets the gang on a testosterone fueled contest for her dress, which is won by the leader, they

go upstairs and spend the night together doing drugs and having sex)

13.LADY COBRA (the leader now realizes that lady cobra might be too much woman to handle, but he is hooked on her scent)

14.NIGHT LIFE (the leader is now worn out by the excessive partying and drug abusing, it all proves too much and he passes out again)

15.LAZY BONES (the leader falls into a dream where he is a skeleton with lead bones, he manages to escape from lady cobra's clutches and

wakes up)

16.STRAY HEART (after he wakes up, he finds himself a clean suit and goes to amanda's room with a bouquet of roses, but she's already

packed and ready to go home)

17.AMANDA (he chases after amanda apologizing every five steps for his mistakes and trying to make things right, but she refuses to accept

them for she is too hurt, she gets on a bus and heads home)

18.AMY (the leader spends some time in amanda's room, finds an old guitar with the name "amy" scratched on it, he recalls what amanda

must've felt during his time with lady cobra)

19.BRUTAL LOVE (during a party, the leader starts to sing quietly, the place starts to get quiet as the rest of the gang start to join in with their

own instruments, the music is too loud and brings down the disco, leaving everyone without a place to party in)

20.DRAMA QUEEN (now that the place is in ruins, the partiers only have broken instruments to play, the leader vanishes from the crowd and

deper into town, thinking about amanda)

21.THE FORGOTTEN (the leader tries to remember a version of himself that he lost, and tries to bring him back to forget amanda)

22.DIRTY ROTTEN BASTARDS (the leader realizes he cant bring out his old self, he has to move forward in life no matter how hard, so he

reunites the nuclear family and renames them the "dirty rotten bastards", and move to another city in search of

the next biggest party of the century)

hello!, as many may agree, i think green day's trilogy of albums is great, i spend a large part of the day understanding, listening and learning new things and raising new questions, one of those questions was, "what if there is a story to tell in these albums?" even if it was unintentional, i found myself in another concept album following a gang of punk rockers called the "nuclear family" in search of the party of the century, filled with lust, drugs, loss and of course, love. I created a playlist containing most of the songs, shuffled them around until i felt the story was solid and i think i did a pretty good job, please feel free to comment, i think this is a pretty neat idea, if you have any story ideas and would also like to make a playlist along with song meanings, i would listen to them. lets have an awesome discussion.

1. NUCLEAR FAMILY (a loud noise sets them out on a search for the perfect party)

2.STOP WHEN THE RED LIGHTS FLASH (the loud noise leads them to the red light district of town)

3.LET YOURSELF GO (the party of the century is found, a small strip joint is destroyed in the process)

4.KILL THE DJ (the party is moved to a huge disco, where a rave was taking place, but the nuclear family takes over)

5.TROUBLE MAKER (the gang is now out to get laid, hitting on everything that moves)

6.MAKEOUT PARTY (everyone has a girl by their side, and they head upstairs to a small room)

7.FUCK TIME (this is pretty self-explanatory)

8.OH LOVE (shortly after, the leader of the gang finds himself unsatisfied with sex, love is what he wants, he passes out)

9.FELL FOR YOU (the morning after, the leader reminisces about a girl in his dream with whom he fell in love, he sees her later at the disco

and declares his love)

10.WILD ONE (the two fall in love and spend all night slow-dancing)

11.SEE YOU TONIGHT (the following day, the leader and his gang plan to serenade his new found love, but are cut off by someone's arrival)

12. WOW! THATS LOUD (the arrival of lady cobra sets the gang on a testosterone fueled contest for her dress, which is won by the leader, they

go upstairs and spend the night together doing drugs and having sex)

13.LADY COBRA (the leader now realizes that lady cobra might be too much woman to handle, but he is hooked on her scent)

14.NIGHT LIFE (the leader is now worn out by the excessive partying and drug abusing, it all proves too much and he passes out again)

15.LAZY BONES (the leader falls into a dream where he is a skeleton with lead bones, he manages to escape from lady cobra's clutches and

wakes up)

16.STRAY HEART (after he wakes up, he finds himself a clean suit and goes to amanda's room with a bouquet of roses, but she's already

packed and ready to go home)

17.AMANDA (he chases after amanda apologizing every five steps for his mistakes and trying to make things right, but she refuses to accept

them for she is too hurt, she gets on a bus and heads home)

18.AMY (the leader spends some time in amanda's room, finds an old guitar with the name "amy" scratched on it, he recalls what amanda

must've felt during his time with lady cobra)

19.BRUTAL LOVE (during a party, the leader starts to sing quietly, the place starts to get quiet as the rest of the gang start to join in with their

own instruments, the music is too loud and brings down the disco, leaving everyone without a place to party in)

20.DRAMA QUEEN (now that the place is in ruins, the partiers only have broken instruments to play, the leader vanishes from the crowd and

deper into town, thinking about amanda)

21.THE FORGOTTEN (the leader tries to remember a version of himself that he lost, and tries to bring him back to forget amanda)

22.DIRTY ROTTEN BASTARDS (the leader realizes he cant bring out his old self, he has to move forward in life no matter how hard, so he

reunites the nuclear family and renames them the "dirty rotten bastards", and move to another city in search of

the next biggest party of the century)

Sounds more like another Broadway play than a concept album. Creative though.

1. Dirty Rotten Bastards

2. Nuclear Family

3. 99 Revolutions

4. Let Yourself Go

5. Sex, Drugs & Violence

6. Loss Of Control

7. Makeout Party

8. Ashley

9. Lady Cobra

10. Sweet 16

11. 8th Avenue Serenade

12. Wow! That's Loud

good one. we have a similiar taste! i dont dislike any songs of that playlist. only happened with my own, too :P

1. Brutal Love

2. Ashley

3. Baby Eyes

4. Wild One

5. Rusty James

6. Stray Heart

7. Lazy Bones

8. X-Kid

9. Nuclear Family

10. Wow! Thats loud

11. Fuck Time

12. Lady Cobra

13. Loss of Control

14. 8th Avenue Serenade

15. Sweet 16

16. Dirty Rotten Bastards

01. See You Tonight (The protagonist, James, daydreams about a girl he met a "99%" rally and hopes to see her again)

02. Dirty Rotten Bastards (Scene where James and his friends are driving to the rally; also gives some background to James' character)

03. 99 Revolutions (Rally song, obviously)

04. Ashley (Again, obvious)

05. Carpe Diem (Ashley singing; gives insight into her character and world-view)

06. Brutal Love (Scene where James and Ashley first have sex)

07. Wild One (James singing as he discovers Ashley's vices)

08. Baby Eyes (Ashley singing; She tells James, "Don't act so surprised, I've always been this way")

09. Let Yourself Go (James explodes on Ashley and a fight ensues, concluding with James storming out)

10. Stay The Night (James cheats on Ashley)

11. Stray Heart (James immediately regrets cheating and apologizes)

12. X-Kid (Ashley singing; She throws James' apologies in his face and adds insult to injury by listing his failures)

13. Rusty James (James hits rock bottom, goes out drinking, and realizes that he's forgotten his friends in pursuit of Ashley)

14. Lazy Bones (James decides he's too old and tired to fall in love again)

15. Nuclear Family (James experiences a mid-life crisis, but it is short lived)

16. Sex, Drugs, & Violence (James reflecting on his life and his mistakes)

17. Amy (Goes along with James' feeling remorseful about people he treated badly or ignored)

18. Oh Love (James slowly dies, but he dies knowing that his life was not a waste: He pursued love, even if it did not welcome him)

It was hard but I've put together a 13 track album which I think works extremely well.

Try it as a playlist and see what you think.

1. Nuclear Family

2. Stay The Night

3. Missing You

4. Stray Heart

5. 99 Revolutions

6. Kill The DJ

7. Makeout Party

8. Dirty Rotten Bastards

9. Lazy Bones

10. Rusty James

11. X-Kid

12. Fell For You

13. The Forgotten

Some interesting combinations here but the problem is a lot of them go over the length of an average album... let alone a CD (80min). Green Day rarely go over the 45min mark for albums with the exceptions of Nimrod (49min), American Idiot (57min), and 21st Century Breakdown (69min), so heres my album which is 1hour on the dot. I tried to order the songs in such a way that would flow like an actual album... I.E. its not in order of favorites.

1. Nuclear Family
2. Sex, Drugs, & Violence
3. Let Yourself Go
4. Lazy Bones (Best Song Off DOS)
5. Sweet 16
6. Stray Heart
7. Stay The Night
8. 8th Avenue Serenade (Total coincidence that this turned out to be the 8th song xD)
9. Rusty James (Best Song Off UNO)
10. X-Kid (Best Song Off TRE and The Trilogy)
11. Walk Away
12. Missing You
13. 99 Revolutions
14. Dirty Rotten Bastards
15. The Forgotten
16. Drama Queen

It was really hard to make this list because in actuality TRE is a flawless album... every song is top notch... its weakest song is Amanda yet that song is still great. Its UNO and DOS that are the iffy albums (in comparison to TRE). UNO is stronger than DOS but they are both still really good albums... their biggest flaw is that they have too much of a narrow focus on being simple and style based that the band probably ignored potential "over the top" ideas that would've showed their constantly growing musicianship and songwriting. For example... maybe while they were arranging Wild One Billie was like "Hey, this could have a pretty kick ass piano lick here... WAIT! we can't do that this is the garage rock record only guitar, bass and drums... nevermind, we won't do it". TRE was the complete opposite cause they obviously did whatever the fuck they want without limits. So really the question should be Whats your trilogy double album (TRE is included in its entirety as its own disc or split up over 2)? OR... Leave TRE alone and merge UNO and DOS.

Green Day has always topped themselves with each album... each album was better than the last... sure we have our favorites but when it comes to song writing and broader musical knowledge they did get better. Dookie topped Kerplunk, Nimrod topped Insomniac, Warning topped Nimrod, American Idiot topped Warning, 21CB topped American Idiot, however there were exceptions... Kerplunk really wasnt much different than 39/Smooth and Insomniac wasn't that much different than Dookie but that isnt a bad thing. The band is on this constant momentum of bettering themselves as musicians so once UNO and DOS (some tracks on TRE) came out it was almost like the took a step to the side. The albums had breakthrough songs for Green Day as songwriters (Kill The DJ, Nightlife (even if you don't like the song they were still expanding their horizons) but it was like they went back to what they previously had conquered instead of moving forward. This wasn't a hate on for the trilogy or anything its just my opinion I love everything they do including UNO DOS but this was just a songwriters analysis of those works.

This was my try, but it's been tough. I like the triology the way it is and I'm glad they did it this way. But this album here would have been grandiose for me:

1. Nuclear Family

2. Stay The Night

3. Fell For You

4. Loss Of Control

5. Sweet 16

6. Rusty James

7. Lazy Bones

8. Wild One

9. Stray Heart

10. Ashley

11. Baby Eyes

12. Brutal Love

13. Missing You

14. 8th Avenue Serenade

15. X-Kid

16. Walk Away

17. Dirty Rotten Bastards

18. 99 Revolutions

1. stay the night

2. fuck time

3. x-kid

4. kill the dj

5. brutal love

6. lazy bones

7. stray heart

8. nuclear family

9. rusty james

10. 99 revolutions

11. wild one

12. oh love

13. dirty rotten bastards

14. the forgotten

Guest DisapppearingBoy

1. Dirty Rotten Bastards

2. Nuclear Family

3. 99 Revolutions

4. Let Yourself Go

5. Sex, Drugs & Violence

6. Loss Of Control

7. Makeout Party

8. Ashley

9. Lady Cobra

10. Sweet 16

11. 8th Avenue Serenade

12. Wow! That's Loud

Love the fact there's no singles.

1. Nuclear Family

2. 8th Avenue Serenade

3. Let Yourself Go

4. Ashley

5. Baby Eyes

6.Loss Of Control

7. Angel Blue

8. Sex, Drugs & Violence

9. Lazy Bones

10. X-Kid

11. A Little Boy Named Train

12. Rusty James

13. Missing You

14. Wow! That's Loud

15. Dirty Rotten Bastards

I didn't think about the order but here are my favourites ones for the Ultimate Album:

From ¡Uno!: Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Loss of Control, Kill the DJ, Fell for You

From ¡Dos!: Stray Heart, Ashley, Makeout Party, Wow! That's Loud, Lady Cobra

From ¡Tré!: Missing You, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Brutal Love, Sex Drugs & Violence, X-Kid

Considered for inclusion: Stop When the Red Lights Flash, 99 Revolutions, Angel Blue, Amanda.

I think it's oriented "Old School Green Day".

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived