¡TRÉ!

Liam

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to TRE for becoming the first album ever by Green Day to fall short of the top 10. It debuts at #13 in the US this week with sales of 59,000. Also, the Trilogy has sold 256,000, 117,000, and 59,000 copies respectively, which in total is less than 21CB sold in 3 weeks. Eeek.

I didn't expect the albums to sell that well. I mean, the hype was amateur at best and I think they released these albums just for themselves and the fans.

I am not disappointed with the sales for them, as I saw it coming.

To all of these people saying that Tré isn't doing well in the charts.

What. The. Fuck. Did. You. Expect.

It's their third album in less than 3 months. I'd have been shocked if the sales were anywhere near 21stCB levels. Non-hardcore fans are probably overwhelmed with all the new music, or probably don't even know Dos or Tré exist.

Calm yo tits. This is a slowburner. Warning style.

To all of these people saying that Tré isn't doing well in the charts.

What. The. Fuck. Did. You. Expect.

It's their third album in less than 3 months. I'd have been shocked if the sales were anywhere near 21stCB levels. Non-hardcore fans are probably overwhelmed with all the new music, or probably don't even know Dos or Tré exist.

Calm yo tits. This is a slowburner. Warning style.

THANK YOU! I mean honestly, just by seeing how UNO did on the charts, you could easily tell that the others weren't gonna be smash hits. But who knows, maybe X-Kid will explode and TRE will be the first one to go platinum :shifty:

I think Drama Queen is intentionally creepy. There's no way Billie didn't know what he was doing when he wrote it, and there's no way Tre, Mike, Rob, whoever didn't say "Dude, is this what I think this is?" Yeah. Even if it has multiple or other original meanings, it's left that way on purpose.

We need interviews, where he talks about each song individually. So that we know what was actually in his mind :D We can guess but we will never get into his mind... But I love that song so very much :wub:

We all know that the band is capable of high flying concepts and musical expansion, but we just had 2 massive albums of that and 2 before, why would we want more? Had they made another 21st Century Breakdown-esque album, even without the concept, everyone would still hate it.

It seems to me that nobody really understood the point of the trilogy. Ultimately the trilogy is it's own enemy: It's too overwhelming for even the fans and no track listing could do these songs justice. The concept of a Trilogy itself is too big for back-to-basics, focused writing, to the point where the origins got lost in hype and unreasonable expectation. Maybe they shouldn't have released the Trilogy as an ode to their fanbase, because its evident that everyone would rather have a store bought box of chocolates instead of a love letter.

After listening to Drama Queen many times over now, anyone else think it's about a young girl killing herself?

She is so wild and reckless - she overreacts

There goes my drama queen - she's gone

She dangles from her necklace - self-explanatory

She's old enough to bleed now - as others have said, she's no longer innocent or naive, perhaps a reference to cutting herself

Her life has now unfolded - it's over

Well did she find her savior? - self-explanatory

Just the kind of vibe I get from it... idk

hmmm, interesting! I wish I was good at making interpretations and analysis like that!

After listening to Drama Queen many times over now, anyone else think it's about a young girl killing herself?

She is so wild and reckless - she overreacts

There goes my drama queen - she's gone

She dangles from her necklace - self-explanatory

She's old enough to bleed now - as others have said, she's no longer innocent or naive, perhaps a reference to cutting herself

Her life has now unfolded - it's over

Well did she find her savior? - self-explanatory

Just the kind of vibe I get from it... idk

Nothing personal, it's just when I see analysis like this it always reminds me of this analogy.

Teacher: The strong stems and bright colours of the daffodils represent the youth and vigour of the poems writer, and the crushing of them under the boot of a farmer represents the how life callously destroys our dreams.

Poet: I saw some flowers, they looked pretty, and I wrote about them.

Is it creepy that every time I hear the line "she's old enough to bleed now", I think he's referring to a girl on her period...... :ninja:

lolwut

Typical, gr9 page own.

Is it creepy that every time I hear the line "she's old enough to bleed now", I think he's referring to a girl on her period...... :ninja:

lolwut

I think nearly every single person who's listened to the song has thought that :P

I think nearly every single person who's listened to the song has thought that :P

PHEW.

He's probably not talking about periods.

Probably.

Because Tré didn't write the song.

I hope.

OH SHI-

The. shit. has. hit. the. fan.

PLOT TWIST

Drama Queen is the long awaited sequel to Dominated Love Slave.

Not nobody saw that one coming!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DookieLukie" data-cid="5039915" data-time="1355957116"><p>

Congrats to TRE for becoming the first album ever by Green Day to fall short of the top 10. .</p></blockquote>

Not the first 39 Smooth 1000 Hours and Kerplunk didnt debut in the top 10

I dont know, havent fully checked, but is the X-Kid song played in the video longer than the album version? Something was added in the song on the video... at the end.

The concept of a Trilogy itself is too big for back-to-basics, focused writing, to the point where the origins got lost in hype and unreasonable expectation. Maybe they shouldn't have released the Trilogy as an ode to their fanbase, because its evident that everyone would rather have a store bought box of chocolates instead of a love letter.

I love that analogy.

Yeah, it seems most people aren't quite sure what they want... Or else it just isn't possible. I've seen so many different views on what is "wrong" with the trilogy... What's there that shouldn't be, what's missing that should be there, and every little wrong thing. Maybe the problem is even though there seems to be some semblance of agreement on what basically makes a good Green Day song... everyone comes from different angles, and truth be told, the band, in all their consistency, have never walked a predictable path. For every "typical" Green Day song, there are 2 or 3 that don't quite "fit". Lyrically, structurally, conceptually, musically... Whatever. They've had so many different important career moments, and brought in so many different people as fans, who love the band for completely different reasons. There is literally no way to please everybody (and I imagine that many people would be annoyed no matter what the songs sounded like). Ultimately, they have to write and play for themselves, and they do. And for me... They do a damn good job.

I just finished listening to "Tre". Yes, I know I'm slow...LoL I LOVE this album! I've liked them all so far, but "Tre" just totally blew me away. It's just all around great...musically, lyrically. Not a song on it that I didn't like.

It's too bad that they couldn't promote these albums more. There's quite a few hit type songs on the trilogy. Sad that a lot of the public are missing out on these albums.

Off to listen to 'Tre' again :D

I dont know, havent fully checked, but is the X-Kid song played in the video longer than the album version? Something was added in the song on the video... at the end.

it takes a few seconds for the tape to play, then it rewinds back to beginning before the video ends, thats why the running time is slightly longer than the song on the CD

but the song remains the same :dance:

I very much enjoy Tre! far more than Dos! and probably equal to Uno! Its sad this is the last time to get new music from the guys but just as equally exciting. Perfect way to wrap up the trilogy

Archived