¡TRÉ!

Liam

Exactly!!! :runaround: My sister nearly murdered me for singing these lines like a thousand time last night:

“Amanda don’t you know

(Mumbling cause I couldn’t remember the lines)

Is this a kind of love that only hate would understand

Amanda, I couldn't be your man”

and all over again!

I was walking around like a mad man at my school singing these lyrics. But I couldn't contain it! It's so good!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot stop listening to this album :runaround:

This is EXACTLY the desired effect that I had hoped for with the first two, but this one did it.

(Disclaimer: this does not mean I did not enjoy UNO and DOS) :happy:

99 Revolutions is such a poor song. It makes me sad because Billie can write such good political lyrics, but 99 seems like an afterthought. Like an, "Oh this is happening! I have to get this out quick!"

But I'm really, really enjoying the album. Brutal Love is amazing.

99 Revolutions is such a poor song. It makes me sad because Billie can write such good political lyrics, but 99 seems like an afterthought. Like an, "Oh this is happening! I have to get this out quick!"

I think the lyrics for the song are decent, but it feels a tad out of place on the record, especially in between Dirty Rotten Bastards and The Forgotten. It would be like the Beatles putting Yellow Submarine in-between Let it Be and The Long and Winding Road.

Pretty sure there's an interview where BJA said he wrote the song in 5 minutes.

The chorus is lame as hell, but it's pretty good.

Just heard the album today. Goddamn its awesome. Best one of the trilogy. I think X-Kid is when the album really starts taking off. Overall though, really solid album and yes the best one yet. :D

I hear the Beatles brah.

Sam Cooke's Bring It On Home came out 8 years befote Beatles Oh Darling...

Wow does that mean Sam Cooke's estate or someone gets royalties for Brutal Love?

Since Brutal Love is credited to Billie Joe and Sam Cooke Sam's estate gets a share of the royalties for that song

So after having listened to it a little more, I now love ¡Tré! too! My appreciation kicked in around the second listen through. Since then, according to iTunes, I've listened to it about 10 times. Gottta catch up to ¡Uno! and ¡Dos! - I've listened to them about 70 times each so far! :D

Pretty sure there's an interview where BJA said he wrote the song in 5 minutes.

The chorus is lame as hell, but it's pretty good.

Yeah well, it definitely sounds like it. He needs to learn to edit himself sometimes. I know not all songs need to be masterpieces but...

Yeah well, it definitely sounds like it. He needs to learn to edit himself sometimes. I know not all songs need to be masterpieces but...

Personally I think their catalog is improved by the presence of that song so no need to edit. 5 minutes means inspired, easy because the thoughts come easily. I like it.

Damn you guys, I already sort of had Amanda stuck in my head. Now I really really have it stuck D<.

What's with those bonus tracks? I didn't even know there were some. And are they once again iTunes exclusive?

99 Revolutions is such a poor song.

Whaaa?

It's in my top-5 of the trilogy.

Yeah, the Chorus is boring, but everything else is golden imo.

Oh well, who am I to judge what you like and what you don't :D

Guest Trotsky

RITZ, HOW YOU LIKE DAT BASS IN DRB? :eyebrows:

"She is so wet and reckless." Billie. what.

wet and reckless n. a plea to a charge of reckless driving which was "alcohol related." A wet reckless results from a plea bargain to reduce a charge of drunk driving, when the amount of blood alcohol was borderline illegal, there was no accident, and no prior record. The result is a lower fine, no jail time, and no record of a drunk driving conviction, but if there is a subsequent drunk driving conviction the "wet reckless" will be considered a "prior" drunk driving conviction and result in a sentence required for a second conviction. :)

For me 99 Revolutions has great sociopolitical lyrics.I know the chorus is nothing complicated but it repeats the key phrase.

It's like the song of Adicts "Viva La Revolution".Y'know "Viva La Revolution,Viva La Revolution.Viva La Revolution,Viva La Revolution..."

I'm a big fan of Adicts, so I don't mind. :P

It's that hook: "Amanda don't you know!?!"

and then the bridge riff. Holy shit that bridge riff.

That's exactly why I'm really enjoying it. It's not my favorite on the album but damn if I'm not singing it in my head all the time!

SEX DRUGS AND VIOLENCE

ENGLISH MATH AND SCIENCE

Something to remind me of my impending finals. Cool.

Whenever I hear Mike sing, he sounds so young to me. Almost like his voice doesn't fit his face (a strange phenomenon I've noticed with some musicians). They're both so lovely, but if I heard his voice before I knew what he looked like I wouldn't picture him like he is. Hell, I originally thought Billie would be bald with glasses. Idek. Random.

I'll be listening to Tre! on the way to school and hitting my steering wheel like a drum. That's how I listen to Green Day in the car.

Who is Juliana Homicide? What kind of character is she (?) and why this name is mentioned in a part of Dirty Rotten Bastards?

What's with those bonus tracks? I didn't even know there were some. And are they once again iTunes exclusive?

They are on the Japan CD.

After more than 8/7 maybe days listening to TRE...

and this album still great...

for now, X-Kid and Amanda still in my head... :happy:

SEX DRUGS AND VIOLENCE

ENGLISH MATH AND SCIENCE

Something to remind me of my impending finals. Cool.

Whenever I hear Mike sing, he sounds so young to me. Almost like his voice doesn't fit his face (a strange phenomenon I've noticed with some musicians). They're both so lovely, but if I heard his voice before I knew what he looked like I wouldn't picture him like he is. Hell, I originally thought Billie would be bald with glasses. Idek. Random.

I'll be listening to Tre! on the way to school and hitting my steering wheel like a drum. That's how I listen to Green Day in the car.

Yeha, Mike's "singing" voice doesn't really fit :D But his "normal" voice fits..I think :D

Okay it's time for me to get in this thread, finally. ¡Tré! was such an amazing album, but it didn't hook me quite as much as ¡Dos!. It was amazing though. I'm on 2nd listen only, but my favorites are so far 8th Ave Serenade, X-Kid, A Little Boy Names Train, Dirty Rotten Bastards and The Forgotten. Yeah, I'm conscious that I just mentioned half of the album :lol: I think my favorite will end p being LBNT though.

Archived