¡TRÉ!

Liam

Looking forward to listening to it on DEC 11!!!! I'm not really sure why I deprive myself of new Green Day.....I just have a "thing" about release dates :lol:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Forgotten is probably the weakest track to me but even that one is awesome.

I've only seen a couple people who agree with me, but X-Kid really stood out on the album to me. Ever since i heard it in the Converse video, i knew i would love it. It has that big, full guitar sound right from the start. It also, in my opinion, has some of the best lyrics in the whole trilogy. If i were at a Green Day show, and Billie said that the next song would be the last one they ever play live, I would want that song to be X-Kid.

I've only seen a couple people who agree with me, but X-Kid really stood out on the album to me. Ever since i heard it in the Converse video, i knew i would love it. It has that big, full guitar sound right from the start. It also, in my opinion, has some of the best lyrics in the whole trilogy. If i were at a Green Day show, and Billie said that the next song would be the last one they ever play live, I would want that song to be X-Kid.

I think a lot of people agree with you.

I had a really really crappy day, so I broke my whole "not gonna spoil this one" deal. I also realized I'll only be able to listen on my laptop for my first week when I do get it anyways.

Anyways, more to come later. I'm going for another listen of "Dirty Rotten Bastards." Now this is what I was waiting for! Song of the trilogy! Still picking up my jaw off the floor from the first listen of this.

I bought my copy yesterday and I was so excited when I saw all the Tre albums standing there :runaround:

It's so awesome finally having all three of them together in the shelf, they look fucking awesome.

I just can't get enough of Brutal Love right now. I've listened to Tré about 3-4 times now and I'm not quite sure which song really is my favourite, but Brutal Love has a pretty good chance to become my favourite of the whole triology... it's just so f*ing perfect, and I'm sure it will kick ass live.

And did anybody else notice that 99 Revolutions sounds almost exactly like Lazy Bones in the first maybe 10 seconds?! When I listened to it first I thought: WTF? But it's really just 10 seconds or so. But I really love Tré, it's just the way I had hoped it to be. :wub:

And did anybody else notice that 99 Revolutions sounds almost exactly like Lazy Bones in the first maybe 10 seconds?! When I listened to it first I thought: WTF? But it's really just 10 seconds or so. But I really love Tré, it's just the way I had hoped it to be. :wub:

Yes, others have noticed this.

Well it is about the same beat but with different sound settings :P

I guess I just need to listen in Little Boy Named Train and Amanda. As of now those (and SD&V) is my least favorites on Tre, and maybe on the Trilogy itself.

After I heard the recording where Billie said that all those songs about love was about Amanda, I immediately got raging high expectations for the song, and sadly the into was cut and Billie decided to record while having his head in a fish bowl.

It'll grow on me.

I just woke up and found out that setting X-kid as your alarm clock tone is... funny :D

"Hey, little kid, did you wake up late...?" :lol:

It seems like it took many of us, including me, a few listens to fully appreciate this album; Tre lacked the immediacy of Uno and Dos, but the more I listen to it the more I notice little things that I like and that make the album so good.

And now let's wait for the live versions of all 37 songs, well except for Nightlife! :P

It seems like it took many of us, including me, a few listens to fully appreciate this album; Tre lacked the immediacy of Uno and Dos, but the more I listen to it the more I notice little things that I like and that make the album so good.

And now let's wait for the live versions of all 37 songs, well except for Nightlife! :P

I'm gonna copy all of it and make a playlist on my phone with the trilogy so I can listen to it as one long cd.

I don't think I'll skip anything except Maybe I'll See you tonight.

Woop, 6000th post. #swag.

Guest Trotsky

Nah, 99 Revolutions brings to mind large crowds going nuts. Minority purposely avoided that, for some reason. 99 R is an anthem of sorts.

I agree with what a lot a people have been saying about the middle tracks. SDV, LBNT and Amanda are by far the weakest tracks on the album for me, although I probably like Train the most and SDV the least, I just find it really boring.

My favourites are Brutal Love, Missing You, Walk Away, X-Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards and 99 Revs (in no particular order). I'm glad they're releasing 99 as a single, I think it'll catch on well.

Guest Trotsky

@Céadóg Howeveher the truth is that I would like to see them on the road again having fun and simultaneously passing the message of the song, not in some stupid place like Know Your Enemy.:)

This album is great...

all the songs still stuck in my head...

LBNT , SD&V, Amanda, they said boring and weakest tracks from Tre

but for me, that's some my favorite songs,

i think Drama Queen & The forgotten, is weakest for me..

I can understand the "hate" of LBNT, SD&V and Amanda. Maybe they are some kind of boring (I like them though) but every album has boring tracks. Even AI (Extraordinary Girl, Holiday, Are We The Waiting and Homecoming (I like it, but it starts annoying me quickly)) or Dookie (Emenius Sleepus, In the End and Pulling Teeth). So stop saying the Trilogy sucks..please :P I think the Trilogy is really awesome. Even compared to Dookie and stuff

I can understand the "hate" of LBNT, SD&V and Amanda. Maybe they are some kind of boring (I like them though) but every album has boring tracks. Even AI (Extraordinary Girl, Holiday, Are We The Waiting and Homecoming (I like it, but it starts annoying me quickly)) or Dookie (Emenius Sleepus, In the End and Pulling Teeth). So stop saying the Trilogy sucks..please :P I think the Trilogy is really awesome. Even compared to Dookie and stuff

Holiday and Homecoming were the boring tracks off of American Idiot?

Really? Are We The Waiting I could agree with, maybe Extraordinary Girl (the only thing that stuck out to me with EG was the intro, the rest was just a marachi like influenced song). And Pulling Teeth boring? Id personally put Sassafras Roots as the most generic on the album, besides the chorus there's nothing really much to it.

Okay, gave it another try: better technical quality, and I am wide awake. :toocool:

I shall never give my statements again after having listened to the bad quality of my old, rotten computer... :mad:

I LOVE Dirty Rotten Bastards! It´s fantastic, awesome, smashing! There are a lot of tunes I like. The lyrics of Drama Queen I find disturbing. They are quite different to the lyrics of the live version I know, and remind me of a Lolita song. Very weird and disturbing to me. On the whole the atmosphere of the album makes me rather depressive or sad, if it wasn´t for the melodies. The lyrics are somewhat sad or lost to my opinion. But I like the combination. And meanwhile I can even accept 99 Revolutions (hate you, computer...). It´s a catchy song that makes me tap my feet. The Forgotten is just beautiful (...sigh...sob...).

X-Kid makes me sad, it´s a heartbreaker. Gonna listen to the album more often, but I think I like it a lot. It´s Dos - Tré - Uno for me. But it probably depends on my mood, ´cause Tré´s got a total different sound and atmosphere than Dos.

Neither Dos nor Tré are really funny, easy stuff, but somehow they make my heart sing.

On Ke$ha's new album, Warrior, there's a song called Dirty Love. Then there's Brutal Love on Tre. Coincidence. :whistle Right..? :P

The bit in "missing you" where the song is stripped back to just Drum and Bass is brilliant and Billie saying his random "chicka ahhhh" :happy:

Loving this Album, woo! :D

I find myself headbanging to Little Boy Named Train. Anyone else?

Same, just love that number.

Archived