Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ˇTRÉ!

• Please log in to reply
3614 replies to this topic

Shadester

Shadester
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined Apr 11, 2009
  • 2 rep
The Forgotten is not too bad either, but the Dookie version is better.
  • Mykee Mexx likes this

Travis

Travis
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined Dec 27, 2005
  • 111 rep

Help, please

Same for me!

Once you enter the proxy...restart your browser....then go to the Rdio website. Create an account. Then link in the link that everyone was passing around to the album. The it'll work.

Jimmy Nimrod

Jimmy Nimrod
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined Dec 03, 2012
  • 29 rep

If y'all could be more descriptive, that'd be great http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I know I know I should just listen, but for now I want to wait... and read about it.

Brutal love has that doo-wop type tempo to it. Almost like "Oh Darling". Billie's vocals are fucking phenomenal. A breakdown that sends chills down your spine.
  • Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap, mrwhirly2000, Heather. and 1 other like this

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,525 rep
How are the lyrics so far on Tre? Because I've been pretty underwhelmed by the majority of the trilogy thus far.
  • Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap and chrism17 like this

Travis

Travis
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined Dec 27, 2005
  • 111 rep
Now to figure out how to rip from the website lol

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,567 rep
Brutal Love is absolutely perfect after Amy. This song is so...different...completely new things from Green Day. Wow. Working with a concert band really makes for some crazy new vibes, especially the hectic ending that just keeps building and building. This is one of the few times I will forgive Billie for doing his own harmonies on these records, his vocal work is something special on this song. Honestly, this is song is leaving me in chills after just one listen, and I was really skeptical about it when I first heard the way it was described. Crazy shit, even for a band that isn't Green Day. 10/10 WILL listen again.
  • gerardsangel4977, Heather. and spacesauce like this

Makeout One

Makeout One
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Joined Feb 11, 2012
  • 629 rep
  • Location:Somewere on the lower east side of my mind. (Italy)

A breakdown that sends chills down your spine.

Body's achin all the time. :runaround:
  • StarKiller, Heather. and Jimmy Nimrod like this

moyito313

moyito313
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined Nov 19, 2012
  • 10 rep

198.144.153.132:3128 worked for me. you gotta create an account in rdio while using this proxy (it will set your home to toronto, canada) then you go to the TRE url and listen to it!

but how do you download the proxy? please help me

AndrewW91

AndrewW91
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,171 posts
  • Joined Feb 13, 2008
  • 497 rep
I got it to work!! Fuck yes!! Too bad my PC won't let me rip audio from my sound card for some reason... :(

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,970 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,567 rep

How are the lyrics so far on Tre? Because I've been pretty underwhelmed by the majority of the trilogy thus far.

On Brutal Love, fantastic. Absolutely. The arrangements on this song...especially the voice. It's perfect.

St3veHimself

St3veHimself
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Joined Aug 25, 2010
  • 61 rep
None of them are loading on the app!!! They are there but just greyed out!

blitzkriegdeb

blitzkriegdeb
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,432 posts
  • Joined Nov 20, 2008
  • 1,338 rep
"Hello stranger,
I'm a disaster"

I don't know why I loved that line so much.

Makeout One

Makeout One
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Joined Feb 11, 2012
  • 629 rep
Brutal love seems to me a lot like Before The Lobotomy!

1039SweetChildren

1039SweetChildren
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined May 08, 2005
  • 395 rep
Mike got the "I don't wanna be an imbecile, but Jesus made me that way" line in 'Sex, Drugs, and Violence'... Nice! :lol:

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,525 rep

Brutal Love is absolutely perfect after Amy. This song is so...different...completely new things from Green Day. Wow. Working with a concert band really makes for some crazy new vibes, especially the hectic ending that just keeps building and building. This is one of the few times I will forgive Billie for doing his own harmonies on these records, his vocal work is something special on this song. Honestly, this is song is leaving me in chills after just one listen, and I was really skeptical about it when I first heard the way it was described. Crazy shit, even for a band that isn't Green Day. 10/10 WILL listen again.

No joke, your descriptions brought tears to my eyes.

Advertising

Ryder556

Ryder556
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Joined Sep 16, 2012
  • 62 rep

Now to figure out how to rip from the website lol

I still haven't figured it out yet. My normal method of using Ad Block to find the MP3 file doesn't work on this website. But I'm not giving up.

Ritz

Ritz
  • I am the motherfucking best- Mike Dirnt.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,325 rep
Not happening Travis. It doesn't play,

Insomniac45

Insomniac45
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined Sep 16, 2012
  • 256 rep
I'm surprised no one has talked about Walk Away yet. SOOO GOOD

Taylor_k2008

Taylor_k2008
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2009
  • 199 rep
Brutal Love is so good......Billie's voice at 2:40 seriously gives me the chills. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Makeout One

Makeout One
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Joined Feb 11, 2012
  • 629 rep
2 WORDS:

YOU... (wait for it)...TUBE!!!!
  • Rodrigo86 likes this

spacesauce

spacesauce
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined Jul 01, 2012
  • 112 rep

Ok I like your descriptions. Full review please. I'll give you a cookie or save a dolphin in your name.
  • Heather., Dalya and Cob like this

Martyn

Martyn
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,280 posts
  • Joined Oct 18, 2009
  • 214 rep
also skipping for me! :(

Ritz

Ritz
  • I am the motherfucking best- Mike Dirnt.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,325 rep

2 WORDS:

YOU... (wait for it)...TUBE!!!!

Its out there?

NGDP

NGDP
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined Oct 15, 2008
  • 15 rep
This is my quick track-by-track review of Tre.

1. Brutal Love - Very reminiscent of the Beatles' Oh Darling but I believe it stands on it's own fairly well. The harmony and horn parts are brilliant, as well as the solo.

2. Missing You - Don't really like this one, thought it sounded pretty generic. Also the vocal melody is really similar to Wild One from Dos. Definitely a skippable track.

3. 8th Avenue Serenade - I really like the vibe this song has. It reminds me of warm summer nights. A very catchy hook indeed. Midtempo pop flavour.

4. Drama Queen - I like the guitar solo, but I've never really been a fan of this song since I saw a video of it live on youtube. Not a bad song but not too notable either.

5. X-Kid - This song is just great, the lyrics are really hard-hitting considering the song's subject matter, and it contains a soaring solo.

6. Sex Drugs and Violence - Another pretty generic song, with the same I fought the law melody they used like 3 times on Uno. Fuck.

7. Little Boy Named Train - Reminds me of old Green Day in a way in terms of it's lyrical content. Mike plays some sweet bass runs in this song that are very welcome. The solo section sounds great too,

8. Amanda - Has the same chords of Sweet 16 in the verses which turns me off a bit, but when it gets to the chorus and the pounding chords that come up after the second chorus it redeems the song to an extent. Still not my favourite by any means.

9. Walk Away - A nice little motivational ballad. Not really my thing, but it's certainly not bad. Mike's harmonies are nice in this song.

10. Dirty Rotten Bastards - Fuck yeah. Reminds me of an old irish jig of some sort at first. Then gets into a sweet punk section and then mind-blowing guitar and bass solos. In finishes with a singalong refrain. By far the best song on the album. There's also another reference to stop when the red lights flash. :P

11. 99 Revolutions - I don't understand why there are so many songs that start the same as this one. I like this one though, it's not great, but it's good.

12. The Forgotten - Kind of derivative, but I like the string section and the guitar solo.
  • Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap and chrism17 like this

Travis

Travis
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined Dec 27, 2005
  • 111 rep
Well, I tried to do the honorable thing and purchase it...but....since I'm not from Canada, that didn't work out so well LOL

DTH

DTH
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2012
  • 473 rep
How is the stream quality?!

billwhite93

billwhite93
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2012
  • 9 rep

Once you enter the proxy...restart your browser....then go to the Rdio website. Create an account. Then link in the link that everyone was passing around to the album. The it'll work.

I did exactly this, yet when I hit play on Brutal Love, or any song, it just starts scrolling through them all, without playign them. It won't let me play any songs from ¡Tré!, yet I can play songs from other artists/albums.

Ryder556

Ryder556
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Joined Sep 16, 2012
  • 62 rep

There are ways to record from streaming websites. One of them is using an Audio Recorder app thing, but the one I downloaded wouldn't wanna record from the soundcard.

Makeout One

Makeout One
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Joined Feb 11, 2012
  • 629 rep

Its out there?

No, someone please upload Trè on there!

Travis

Travis
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined Dec 27, 2005
  • 111 rep

198.144.153.132 then enter 3128. Once you've done this, go to Rdio's website. Sign up and you'll get a confirmation email. Then go and paste http://www.rdio.com/artist/Green_Day/album/%C2%A1TR%C3%89!/track/Brutal_Love/ and it shall work. That's how I did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users