¡TRÉ!

Liam

OK, I really don't like Mike's singing on SD&V. First of all, I don't think Mike is a good singer. He's great as backing vocals, and he can do that punk-rap thang like in Modern World, that was awesome, but there was really zero reason for that line of all the lines on the trilogy to have been sung by Mike, it seems to come out of nowhere and doesn't sound particularly good or make sense in the context of the song. I could picture him singing the Juliana Homicide section of DRB, or some of the "Walk away"s, but this was just weird.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God grow up... stop passing your OPINIONS as FACTS... you have alot of anger towards Bruno did he sleep with your sister and not call back and Frank Ocean did you ask him out and he turn you down?

Music is subjective learn to understand that... It's one thing to not be a fan of Bruno but to keep repeating he's garbage off of one song is simply idiotic... and attacking other people who doesn't agree the people you think are supieor is just a sign that you're on the same level as a 10 year old kid...

And before you talk down on my opinion to you using your "musical degree" to let me know that I have no idea what I'm talking about be aware I've worked in the music industry for 14 years I am a Grammy voting member have plaques etc

Yeah, you're one of those guys that vote Justin Bieber as the best male artist. Sorry for questioning your authority. And please refrain from talking about my sister(s), I haven't insulted your family so don't lower your level. Want to know why music industry is garbage these days? Because kids are fed with these low IQ songs that are just pseudo sing a long anthems. Long are gone the times where Rock, Metal, Grunge and Punk were the biggest and best musical acts. Don't you think it's kind of unfair to compare Bruno Mars with, as an example, Porcupine tree? Yes, different musical genres, but Steven Wilson is an amazing musician, writes his own songs, has countless projects with the most diverse styles. Still sells a lot less than Pop Garbage.

People don't educate their kids into liking a vast array of musical genres and understanding music. I'm not saying I'm the "know it all" in music, but damn, don't you think saying Frank Ocean or Bruno Mars are the maximum exponent of their generation? Your shitting on a vast array of far more intricate, relatable, complete musical genres. Even Punk.

I'm not against simple lyrics at all. Yesterday by Beatles would be an example of amazing lyrics with unheard simplicity. But then again, a lyric is not better just because you can relate to it. When I was 12 I could relate to most Limp Bizkit songs, does that mean they are amazing? No, it means they are relatable. You guys are trying to say that Edgar Allan Poe is worse than Dan Brown. As a musician, I just take as an insult saying Bruno Mars is one of the best song writers today, and I know most people outside Pop (musicians) would consider it as well. He may be a good Pop writer, but that's about it.

I admit I may have exaggerated on my argument, but I've seen most people attacking using over extrapolation and ignoring most of my arguments. And to those that say that I'm a blind Green Day fan... It's not even my favourite band... And I didn't defend them on any circumstances.

Andres might hurt you imo.

No. It's a valid opinion. I'm among those who thinks that they should've done one double-album instead of three single-albums, if only because so much of the trilogy was filler (honestly, I think they might've had trouble filling up a double album). Who knows how many songs have been left on the cutting room floor on other albums?

My biggest issue with the trilogy is how disjointed it is. Some of it is new, fresh-sounding stuff, yeah. Some of it is a tip of the cap to early punk, even 60's rock. Dos is basically the leftovers from a second FBHT album, and several songs feel like stuff that didn't make it onto AI or 21CB, kind of like how Pink Floyd's Final Cut was composed largely of leftovers from The Wall. Most of The Final Cut wasn't very good and, let's face it, a good chunk of the trilogy wasn't very good. If every song had been, say, average or better, sure, but there are a lot of songs that are below average, even bad, to my ears. Others disagree, that's cool. I happen to think the band would've done well to cut crap like Kill the DJ, Makeout Party, Nightlife, Amy, Dirty Rotten Bastards and a handful of other songs, then give us one double-album of good music.

It's ironic how all those songs you mentioned at the end are some of the highlights of the trilogy for me. :lol:

Today I had a thought, just because the music was all so varied, so different, that is why Green Day decided to release 3 albums, I think. If they'd release 1 album, some people would love it, some would hate. Now, you can create a playlist of the songs that you like and listen to those, while the others can listen to the songs that they like. So all in all, I actually think the trilogy was a really wise decision from Green Day.

Another thing, is that these are not good as individual albums, but if you look at Uno Dos and Tre as a big collection of songs, then, just like I don't really enjoy listening to Uno or Dos all the way through, these would be really good just as a big collection of songs if you know what I mean. In short: Good songs, bad albums. ;)

My biggest issue with the trilogy is how disjointed it is. Some of it is new, fresh-sounding stuff, yeah. Some of it is a tip of the cap to early punk, even 60's rock. Dos is basically the leftovers from a second FBHT album, and several songs feel like stuff that didn't make it onto AI or 21CB, kind of like how Pink Floyd's Final Cut was composed largely of leftovers from The Wall. Most of The Final Cut wasn't very good and, let's face it, a good chunk of the trilogy wasn't very good. If every song had been, say, average or better, sure, but there are a lot of songs that are below average, even bad, to my ears. Others disagree, that's cool. I happen to think the band would've done well to cut crap like Kill the DJ, Makeout Party, Nightlife, Amy, Dirty Rotten Bastards and a handful of other songs, then give us one double-album of good music.

Oh men, but I LOVE all that "crap" you mentioned...

I think that arguing over which album is better and "they should do 1 proper album" is going nowhere ... just enjoy your 37 new songs ;)

People don't educate their kids into liking a vast array of musical genres and understanding music.

I bet if a lot of people would like punk now, you wouldn't say that.

OK, I really don't like Mike's singing on SD&V. First of all, I don't think Mike is a good singer. He's great as backing vocals, and he can do that punk-rap thang like in Modern World, that was awesome, but there was really zero reason for that line of all the lines on the trilogy to have been sung by Mike, it seems to come out of nowhere and doesn't sound particularly good or make sense in the context of the song. I could picture him singing the Juliana Homicide section of DRB, or some of the "Walk away"s, but this was just weird.

I think it's the best singing he's ever done, I think he's a great singer. imo

To me that part is just so sweet and nice! I love how he sung that part! :happy:

California’s burning to the ground

And Julianna walks on holy ground :shy::) who is Juliana Homicide in Dirty Rotten Bastards?

People would still complain even if it was a double album and say that they shouldve picked the the best songs from both disc's.

Nah, Green Day have done their share of 18 track albums, which is fairly long for a single release. A "double album" wouldn't have been much bigger than that, and it's less of a grand gesture than AN ALBUM TRILOGY

Well, I think his voice had some editing done for that song

who in their right mind would name their son "Train"

In 1940s-50s Soviet Union common names among the peasantry were 'tractor' and 'combine harvester'.

Well, I think his voice had some editing done for that song

Well you think that.

Today I had a thought, just because the music was all so varied, so different, that is why Green Day decided to release 3 albums, I think. If they'd release 1 album, some people would love it, some would hate. Now, you can create a playlist of the songs that you like and listen to those, while the others can listen to the songs that they like. So all in all, I actually think the trilogy was a really wise decision from Green Day.

Music wasn't that varied at all, though. I think I mentioned it earlier ITT, but I expected Green Day to go a lot further than they did in terms of variation. 21st Century Breakdown is just as varied musically, if not more, and it's a fraction of the size of the trilogy. So many of the songs sound the goddamn same.

Nah, Green Day have done their share of 18 track albums, which is fairly long for a single release. A "double album" wouldn't have been much bigger than that, and it's less of a grand gesture than AN ALBUM TRILOGY

Either way, people would still choose their favorite songs from both discs and make one big play list because you're not going to like everything out of that big of a selection of songs. I'd be pissed if they released only one album with us knowing they recorded 37 songs, and Tre happened to be that album. I like songs from all the three albums so I just take it for what it is.

Either way, people would still choose their favorite songs from both discs and make one big play list because you're not going to like everything out of that big of a selection of songs. I'd be pissed if they released only one album with us knowing they recorded 37 songs, and Tre happened to be that album. I like songs from all the three albums so I just take it for what it is.

But you know they wrote more than 37 songs for this, right?

I think that arguing over which album is better and "they should do 1 proper album" is going nowhere ... just enjoy your 37 new songs ;)

Wow, I'd like those album covers in your sig better than the ones that are released

But you know they wrote more than 37 songs for this, right?

Even so, I still stand by what I said.

Wow, I'd like those album covers in your sig better than the ones that are released

Even so, I still stand by what I said.

haha, thanks :D go to Trilogy Thoughts thread, i posted them, find them :P

Tre absolutely was horrendous. Everyone hyped it up to be the best of the trilogy and I was so excited, only to hear it and be extremely disappointed. It was an absolute snoozefest.

Brutal Love is not some amazing top-of-the-line opening track. It's too long, repetitive and boring. \

As a die-hard fan since '95, I couldn't disagree with you more. I think Brutal Love is one of the best songs they have ever written, if not the best. This goes back to my previous statement in this thread, but I love how this band has something for everybody...especially with this trilogy. I think Tre and Uno are the two best albums they've put out...I put Dos in a tie for 3rd with Insomniac behind AI and 21st CB which are tied for 2nd. One of my buddies that isn't a huge GD fan said that he think Tre is by far the best album they have ever released. I think you were a bit harsh, but you are totally entitled to have the opinions that you do :-)

Yeah, you're one of those guys that vote Justin Bieber as the best male artist. Sorry for questioning your authority. And please refrain from talking about my sister(s), I haven't insulted your family so don't lower your level. Want to know why music industry is garbage these days? Because kids are fed with these low IQ songs that are just pseudo sing a long anthems. Long are gone the times where Rock, Metal, Grunge and Punk were the biggest and best musical acts. Don't you think it's kind of unfair to compare Bruno Mars with, as an example, Porcupine tree? Yes, different musical genres, but Steven Wilson is an amazing musician, writes his own songs, has countless projects with the most diverse styles. Still sells a lot less than Pop Garbage.

People don't educate their kids into liking a vast array of musical genres and understanding music. I'm not saying I'm the "know it all" in music, but damn, don't you think saying Frank Ocean or Bruno Mars are the maximum exponent of their generation? Your shitting on a vast array of far more intricate, relatable, complete musical genres. Even Punk.

I'm not against simple lyrics at all. Yesterday by Beatles would be an example of amazing lyrics with unheard simplicity. But then again, a lyric is not better just because you can relate to it. When I was 12 I could relate to most Limp Bizkit songs, does that mean they are amazing? No, it means they are relatable. You guys are trying to say that Edgar Allan Poe is worse than Dan Brown. As a musician, I just take as an insult saying Bruno Mars is one of the best song writers today, and I know most people outside Pop (musicians) would consider it as well. He may be a good Pop writer, but that's about it.

I admit I may have exaggerated on my argument, but I've seen most people attacking using over extrapolation and ignoring most of my arguments. And to those that say that I'm a blind Green Day fan... It's not even my favourite band... And I didn't defend them on any circumstances.

I've never voted for Justin I'm not a fan but he doesn't make music for me he makes music for teens.

You realize Bruno writes his own lyrics as well but no one here is compairing Bruno or Frank to a porcupine tree except for you... I don't like porcupine tree's music I can't stand Wilson's voice not saying his song writing is bad it's not but I'd rather listen to Bruno over Porcupine cause I can put up with it better... Am I saying Bruno is the best of his genre? No but for TODAY's era he is his 2 albums are better than Madonna's MDMA album (I can't speak on Frank cause simply I don't listen to his music) but I'm also a fan of groups like Nirvana and Mudhoney bands who make good music by simply just playing and doesn't over do the music or write complex lyrics not cause I wouldn't understand them but because 95% of the time they come out sounding forced and unnatural same with the music I appreicate it but I'd rather just listen to natural good music be it from Nirvana Green Day Leadbelly Bruno or a unsigned local.

Archived