¡TRÉ!

Liam

The thing is, newer R&B artists have 0 blues. Identify blues in Rihanna songs. Kanye West. Mariah Carey. "That guy that writes for Bieber". That's not R&B by any stretch of the imagination. And no, I'm not saying one is great because of history, it's simply because I listened to songs and they are well made. Comparing a Madonna classic with Bruno Mars is comparing a perfume with dog poo. Good Pop has been absent for almost as long as I can remember, it is a fact. Today you listen to a bunch of overly recycled songs with hooks made to appeal to your brain, nothing more. Wnat an example? Black Eyed Peas were a good band, doing songs that seemed to be from their heart. Now they just launch recycled crap, songs that appear like most of newer pop. I never liked them to the point of wanting a CD or having their songs on my MP3, but they were still enjoyable. Now they are generic recycled pop.

But I'm tired of this discussion. As I said, people here accuse me of not knowing modern Pop (I have to stand it every day) and don't have any musical knowledge, only to call Dani Filth a Luciferian (maybe it's based on the imagery?). It's not worth. You have a lot of subgenres in Punk to listen to. In Metal. In Rock. But you have a "Musical Degree" when you listen to 5 or 6 pop artists. And this is directed to pretty much the whole forum, not just you.

PS: Kid, I've been waiting for that song you could write in 5 minutes.

Rhianna isn't R&B, Kanye isn't R&B, and they were never classified as such. Also, what makes Blues the Blues? Darker subject matter and more of a slow pace with passionate vocals. Yeah, I think an artist like Frank Ocean fits into that pretty well.

It isn't about the techincality of it. Ask any Blues player andI bet you they'd say the same. Blues come from the dark pit of the soul, instruments aren't what represents it, it's the person. Like any music genre. Instruments are an extension, not a requirement.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After listening many many times, i have decided my three favourite songs are:

1. Brutal Love - Billie's voice is just so...wow! :wub:

2. Dirty Rotten Bastards

3. X Kid

I have also decided that Tre is my favourite from the trilogy! :D

Rhianna isn't R&B, Kanye isn't R&B, and they were never classified as such. Also, what makes Blues the Blues? Darker subject matter and more of a slow pace with passionate vocals. Yeah, I think an artist like Frank Ocean fits into that pretty well.

It isn't about the techincality of it. Ask any Blues player andI bet you they'd say the same. Blues come from the dark pit of the soul, instruments aren't what represents it, it's the person. Like any music genre. Instruments are an extension, not a requirement.

Agree with that. :)

Oh yeah, pretenius fits perfectly. I'm as far from being a blind Green Day fan as you can be, I also don't think popularity has a sense of an artist's quality. I've got to say you're being a little hypcritical and ignorant yourself, are you not putting R&B in a box and saying this is what R&B can only be? That everything else isn't "real" R&B. And you're whole thing with lyrics is extremelly pretenious. Seriously, you sound like music and lyrics snob. That's what PRETENTIOUS IS. Being an elitist and thinking you're opinion is vastly superior and high browed. God, this comment is almost a self-parody. Also, overly complicated lyrics can kill relatably, you don't need to have an overkill of symbolism and use Greek termonology to be a good lyricist. If you like that type of writing then fine, but it is in no way the best.

P.S. You're like a more prentenious and humorless version of me. :P

I can almost see me in you, but there's a shit load of muddy water to see through.

glad you added the p.s.

cause you just described yourself.

glad you added the p.s.

cause you just described yourself.

I'm nowhere near that bad, and never have been.

I've never said my opinion was superior to others, I'm also not an elitst, and have never said something has to be this in order to be that. I've always promoted musical openess and I'm not affected by nostalgia like this guy is. How general of you :P

I tell it as I see it, but I don't try to make myself seem the most "right", I consider myself added variety.

This is where you fail. You must think Rammstein are Nazi, correct?

This is where you fail. You must think Rammstein are Nazi, correct?

Well I don't listen to any Rammstein so I really wouldn't know what to think of them. Where exactly is it that I fail?

In DRB when Billie sings "Juliana homicide, make my demons come to life", I find myself imagining come crazy killer screaming it.

Badass dude.

In DRB when Billie sings "Juliana homicide, make my demons come to life", I find myself imagining come crazy killer screaming it.

Badass dude.

I love "Well California's burning to the ground!"

my rating

brutal love 7/10

missing you 8/10

8th ave serenade 6/10

drama queen 8/10

x-kid 8/10

sex, drugs & violence 8/10

little boy named train 8/10

amanda 9/10

walk away 9/10

dirty rotten bastards 8/10

99 revolutions 10/10

the forgotten 8/10

(My friends don't know what an album leak is :shy: ) I came to school today with Tre on my iPod, trolling everybody I came from the future. :lol:

And Juliana walks on holy ground

Where there's smoke there's fire burning up the lights

Can't go through 20 pages but yeah I am loving this shit every time I hear it.

You haven't miss anything at all. Listening to the trilogy on repeat is way more fun than reading complaints. Ha!

(My friends don't know what an album leak is :shy: )

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I came to school today with Tre on my iPod, trolling everybody I came from the future. :lol:

Epic win xD

Probably my favorite part of the song!

Mine is DAT KICKASS SOLO.

(My friends don't know what an album leak is :shy: ) I came to school today with Tre on my iPod, trolling everybody I came from the future. :lol:

hahaha if I'd do the same probably everyone would say - tre what? the number? :rolleyes:

Comparing a Madonna classic with Bruno Mars is comparing a perfume with dog poo. Good Pop has been absent for almost as long as I can remember, it is a fact. Today you listen to a bunch of overly recycled songs with hooks made to appeal to your brain, nothing more. Wnat an example? Black Eyed Peas were a good band, doing songs that seemed to be from their heart. Now they just launch recycled crap, songs that appear like most of newer pop. I never liked them to the point of wanting a CD or having their songs on my MP3, but they were still enjoyable. Now they are generic recycled pop.

But I'm tired of this discussion. As I said, people here accuse me of not knowing modern Pop (I have to stand it every day) and don't have any musical knowledge, only to call Dani Filth a Luciferian (maybe it's based on the imagery?). It's not worth. You have a lot of subgenres in Punk to listen to. In Metal. In Rock. But you have a "Musical Degree" when you listen to 5 or 6 pop artists. And this is directed to pretty much the whole forum, not just you.

PS: Kid, I've been waiting for that song you could write in 5 minutes.

I totally disagree sorry.....

I really think good pop exists and is out there....we just decide to put it to a side just cause its pop!

I listen to a ton of different styles....and like you and anyone here I'm no expert ...but I really think that singers such as Bruno Mars, Cristina Perri and many others including Lady Gaga (yes her!! ) are genuine musicians....and just cause they are pop we decide to say they are crap. Madonna wasn't that different from what we have today mind you! ...if Green Day decide to write rap, pop, ballads or whatever I'm all for it....I respect them as musicians and I enjoy the fact that they experiment....that's what makes them great! Its not the genre that makes a song.....it s how its done!

"Juliana Homicide!" has been in my head all day. Splendid.

I can't get enough of the guitar solo! :yay:

now excuse me, but I'm going to write my 1500th post in the Italian Club. :runaround:

Probably my favorite part of the song!

Highlight and high point of the entire trilogy for me :)

DRB has been on repeat lots today!

I've read 2 other reviews and they were positive, but it seemed more like blogs, so it could be fans or music professionals. As for the lyrics, AI was really good, but there's also some good lines on Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod and Warning. 21stCB also, even though sometimes they're kind hard to understand. And I think the lyrics for the trilogy weren't as good as for the other albums (have not listened to Tre yet) but at the same time I think those albums are more focused on the music.

I know the whole story and complexity of 21stCB. And I can tell you I've never read or heard lyrics that can reach this level of writing.

And I agree that the Trilogy focuses much more on the music rather than the lyrics. That's probably why Billie was able to write over 80 songs since the 21stCB tour. Though I think some songs in the trilogy (haven't heard Tre yet) do present Billie Joe's unique writing capability.

Slightly off topic, no? We're discussing iTre! here and now the convo dragged to musical genre.

Though, Tre is off expectation. IMHO it's just far from 'epic' as described by GD.

If they can put about 15 best songs out of the 37, that could be epic as f.

Archived