¡TRÉ!

Liam

All of the sudden? Reviews for the album have been mixed upon release so its nothing new.

Reviews for the album were overwhelmingly positive. Fans just accepted it with mixed reception.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just seems like when the album came out most people on here loved it, but now like 75% of the people don't.

Somebody said it earlier here that when things first come out, you hear nothing but good reviews, but when things settle, it seems as if everyone is bashing it or whatever.

Reviews for the album were overwhelmingly positive. Fans just accepted it with mixed reception.

Which album? 21CB?

21st Century Breakdown is fantastic besides Know Your Enemy.

No. But that's my opinion. It's not bad by any means, but I feel like they tried to do too much at once on a lot of the songs. That and I really dislike the way Butch Vig produced the record.

Not really.

Line up a track like Brutal Love to something from Dookie..... obviously there is some evolving.

No. But that's my opinion. It's not bad by any means, but I feel like they tried to do too much at once on a lot of the songs. That and I really dislike the way Butch Vig produced the record.

I agree completely about the whole production... They had amazing songs, but they tried too hard to make them another AI. I don't blame them though, they had some very big shoes to fill after that hahaha

Line up a track like Brutal Love to something from Dookie..... obviously there is some evolving.

Haven't listened to Tre.

Which album? 21CB?

yeah, someone asked why are people all of a sudden bashing 21Cb, and I said that upon release 21CB was met with mixed criticism.

yeah, someone asked why are people all of a sudden bashing 21Cb, and I said that upon release 21CB was met with mixed criticism.

Reviews were great, this forum was in SUCH a good era. Everyone loved it.

As of late, people have been starting to dislike it. Album is so good.

Haven't listened to Tré.

Then I don't think you can really form an opinion yet...right?

i liked it, but now i just can't listen to it. i feel bad

Overwhelmingly positive? What the hell have you been smoking?

More like generally favorable, not critically acclaimed.

I was just a lurker back in the day but this shit is always happening. Its never completely black & white, opinions are always changing, every single Green Day album has divided fans, which is exactly what they want.

Yeah I wasn't here around that time so I wouldn't know how the vibe was then. It will be interesting to see how this forum is when it gets back to focusing on the anticipation of one album instead of three. But yeah, based on how people speak of it now, and from the few reviews I seen, it just seems as if the reviews always were mixed.

People seem to not like Know Your Enemy, but hey I like it

To whoever said they tried to do too much at once, yup. A lot of the sound is directionless and it meant they didn't go all the way with one idea because they were trying to cover the other bases, and (a small part of me suspects) to sound "Green Day" enough for the masses that expect a certain sound from them.

Overwhelmingly positive? What the hell have you been smoking?

More like generally favorable, not critically acclaimed.

That's what I meant, poor choice of words.

I would like to remind everybody that everybody's God American Idiot wasn't critically acclaimed either when it released.

I was just a lurker back in the day but this shit is always happening. Its never completely black & white, opinions are always changing, every single Green Day album has divided fans, which is exactly what they want.

Well strictly speaking an artist wants everyone to love their shit, but since there is zero chance of that ever happening even if you're John Lennon and Freddie Mercury's lovechild, mixed reviews is the best you can hope for.

Not really.

iTre! has more mature, subtle take on Green Day's classic sound on a few tracks.

Missing You, Walk Away, Amanda. Also, when you listen to the album for the first, you have to wear headphones, you won't pick up a lot of the little sounds without them, and the guitars sound a lot more powerful.

That's what I meant, poor choice of words.

I would like to remind everybody that everybody's God American Idiot wasn't critically acclaimed either when it released.

Well according to metacritic, the majority of reviews for AI are positive, while reviews for 21CB are mixed

Exactly.

I loved it then, I love it now.

Well according to metacritic, the majority of reviews for AI are positive, while reviews for 21CB are mixed

I meant people from GDC.

Archived