¡TRÉ!

Liam

Eh, I get what you're saying but I don't really think so. Stay the Night doesn't really have that repetitive of a chorus especially compared to Walk Away or 99 Revolutions or Let Yourself Go.

Funny thing is those 3 songs, at least in my opinion, are great.

And why's that? :lol:

Because you hit the nail on the head.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many choruses relying on repetition of the title? Why?

I mean I don't think they're trying to be super deep in every single song... Those ones with the "repetition of the title" are fun and light-hearted! I think it fits in some of those songs. I will agree with you on 99 Revolutions though. That had much more potential, and they made it a tad bit annoying

But Green Day wrote American Idiot.

That was clearly a masterpiece. But they aren't going to just keep releasing amazing rock opera masterpieces, they're gonna keep going in new directions

Funny thing is those 3 songs, at least in my opinion, are great.

99 revolutions for me it is the explosion of the pop punk in this trilogy

Anyone else here ever look at Walk Away almost like a more reflective, mature FOD? Musically they're similar as well. Slow intro with a lone guitar that explodes into power chords.

Yeah, I get that, the trilogy is fun and light-hearted, but having different lines in the chorus doesn't make a song deep.

No, but I think because of all the hype for trilogy, everyone expected monumental lyrical masterpieces... Which they are capable of (e.g. American Idiot), but like... Green Day's gonna write some kickass punk rock songs too! I don't know, maybe I'm not understanding you completely but I think the majority of the songs were amazing

The Ramones wrote Rockaway Beach which Green Day performed once!!

And then they tried to write another one, and we all know how that worked out...

I was just listening to The Beatles, specifically the song Baby You're A Rich Man, and that song was really good despite having the lyrics "baby you're a rich man" like sixty thousand times. Songs can still be good with simple choruses, although I agree that it became a minor problem with this trilogy. I guess you could just say the lyrics in general.

That was clearly a masterpiece. But they aren't going to just keep releasing amazing rock opera masterpieces, they're gonna keep going in new directions

I haven't listened to Tre, but the trilogy hasn't show a new direction besides the garbage Nightlife and the funky Kill the DJ.

And then they tried to write another one, and we all know how that worked out...

21st Century Breakdown is fantastic besides Know Your Enemy.

That's irrelevant, though. Good on The Ramones for having a successful career, but what I'm saying is that the guys who were talented enough to write such poetry, could have at the very least put a different line between "It's 99 Revolutions tonight". They're Green Day, and although they're inspired by other artists, they're their own band.

i think it is very good the way it is haha

That's irrelevant, though. Good on The Ramones for having a successful career, but what I'm saying is that the guys who were talented enough to write such poetry, could have at the very least put a different line between "It's 99 Revolutions tonight". They're Green Day, and although they're inspired by other artists, they're their own band.

Maybe the trilogy could be their homage to The Ramones.

HOLY SHIT NOW UNO WILL BE FOREVER THAT IN MY MIND

And the Stiff Little Fingers. And The Clash.

Why the hell is it all of a sudden cool to hate on 21CB?

All of the sudden? Reviews for the album have been mixed upon release so its nothing new.

I seriously love the line is DRB that goes "ra da da da de the bottom feeder's frenzy" because he sings "bottom" as "ba-dum!" it's like a double entendre of sound and wordage and it gives me happy feelings :lol:

Wait a sec I'm a bit confused... Why does everyone here love The Forgotten?... Upon hearing it, I thought it was kind of lame, to be honest... I do not think those are great lyrics ("Don't look away from the arms of tomorrow?" What is that supposed to even mean?). I apologize to whomever this may offend

I haven't listened to Tre, but the trilogy hasn't show a new direction besides the garbage Nightlife and the funky Kill the DJ.

well those are the obvious huge new directions, but everything is subtly more mature and different

Maybe the trilogy could be their homage to The Ramones.

HOLY SHIT NOW UNO WILL BE FOREVER THAT IN MY MIND

And the Stiff Little Fingers. And The Clash.

That sped up part about two minutes into Dirty Rotten Bastards reminded me of the Ramones

21st Century Breakdown is fantastic besides Know Your Enemy.

Know Your Enemy = awful single, but also it works in the general flow and tone of the album. I can listen to it if I'm listening through 21stCB in full, but I'd never listen to it on its own.

All of the sudden? Reviews for the album have been mixed upon release so its nothing new.

It just seems like when the album came out most people on here loved it, but now like 75% of the people don't.

No I don't think you understand, I'm saying that the songs don't have to be deep. They're great. BUT they could have written a choruses which weren't so repetitive for many of the songs. Look at 90% of pop music - those songs manage to mix the lyrics up a bit without being anything other than completely shallow.

You're failing to see the other side though, there are plenty of songs that have multiple phrases in a chorus and still fall flat. There is no way that is better, it just depends on what suits the song. If they felt that one line choruses suited the songs better, then that's their decision to make, and we just have to deal with that.

Know Your Enemy = awful single, but also it works in the general flow and tone of the album. I can listen to it if I'm listening through 21stCB in full, but I'd never listen to it on its own.

Nah, song is just terrible overall.

Wait a sec I'm a bit confused... Why does everyone here love The Forgotten?... Upon hearing it, I thought it was kind of lame, to be honest... I do not think those are great lyrics ("Don't look away from the arms of tomorrow?" What is that supposed to even mean?). I apologize to whomever this may offend

Probably something to do with not trying to live in the past and moving on.

Archived