¡TRÉ!

Liam

What does it means "Bombs away" in X-Kid, I mean I understand the two words but no the sens in the song, is that a expression or that's a references to something ?

Cause I relly love the song bu that's disturbs me to don't understand that lyrcis

Not sure in the context of the song, but "bombs away" in general just means "here we go. Let's do it." Or "it has started" kind of thing. At least to me.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has grown on me so much. Brutal Love, LBNT, Walk Away, X-Kid. I am in love with them all.

Still in love with Tre. Still can't stop listening to it. I'm a little burnt out on it at the moment (I'm more into Dos and Uno right now) but when it comes on I enjoy every second. Still not used to Drama Queen though, it still feels out of place to me.

I used to skip over the first four songs of the album, but now I love them, especially 8th Avenue Serenade. Dirty Rotten Bastards has to be one of my top 5 GD songs of all time.

I got ANOTHER ¡Tré! Book in the mail today! :D am I the only one?

E5AF0D74-BDA1-4515-8687-E7D99072C914-118

I got ANOTHER ¡Tré! Book in the mail today! :D am I the only one?

E5AF0D74-BDA1-4515-8687-E7D99072C914-118

Wow! Is it different at all?

I have lately been obsessing over Sex, Drugs, and Violence. It was the first song off TRE that I heard and I didnt really pay attention to it then because i wanted to listen to the others, but goddamn it relates to my life so much. The lyrics really get to me, that and Walk Away. Currently one of the best Green Day albums.

The thing is, DOS has been my favorite. But then I havent stopped listening to UNO. So I think its safe to say I absolutely love the trilogy. Its getting hard to choose a list of favorite albums in order. I can start with AI being my first, then Warning, then Nimrod, then probably the trilogy at a tie, then Dookie... and so forth.

Sorry for the unnecessary speech, I just was thinking and typing lol

Sorry for the unnecessary speech, I just was thinking and typing lol

Thinking and typing are the only reasons most people join GDC anyways. :P

Wow! Is it different at all?

I thought it was but no it's the same but now I have two! :D

I thought it was but no it's the same but now I have two! :D

It would be cooler if you received Cuatro instead :P

I agree with all of you who think that Brutal Love is one of the best GD songs ever. I can't wait to hear it live, it'll definitely make me cry. Especially after all that has happened, and after Billies Rolling Stone interview. I get goosebumps when Billie sings "something for my troubled mind", because it sounds so honest. I wish the song would come out as a single, too.

I don't really like how he sings 'something for my troubled mind' for the fact that I cringe at that 'mi i i i i iiiiiind'. I just hate it.

It would be cooler if you received Cuatro instead :P

I thought it was cuatro at first! I was all excited since I had all three already I was like what else would they be sending? But no it's another ¡Tré! :P

I can't sing Brutal Love without breaking into chills. Billie really made something special with that song.

I don't really like how he sings 'something for my troubled mind' for the fact that I cringe at that 'mi i i i i iiiiiind'. I just hate it.

:facepalm:

Oh my god... I just learn what X-kId is about... I almost cry, I was shocked while reading the lyrics. It's so deep...

Today I feel like I've lived the trilogy. On my training course we usually celebrate the end of the week, have some drinks and then head out to the city. So when I came home I was listening to iUno!, just chilling out. Getting ready to party so I stuck on iDos! Got myself all pumped up and ready to have a great night! Now it's 11pm. For boring reasons I left the party early, and now I'm listening to iTre!

It is of course a great album but it certainly does't fit my mood now, or the one the band claimed it should represent.

It's funny how cringes and thrills feel so similar, yet they are almost like opposites.

Those five seconds to me is definitely one of the most powerful stand-alone moments, not only on Tré, but on the whole trilogy.

Other moments up there is "died of a broken heart", - X-Kid, and "talk myself out of falling in love, falling in love with you", - Oh Love, just on top of my head.

I guess I'm a sucker for epic build-up's followed by a guitar solo, and Brutal Love definitely tops that list.

the piano in Brutal Love is beyond beautiful. I love the slide of the piano keys i believe during the chorus..

Missing You has really grown on me & I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brutal Love :wub:

It's funny how cringes and thrills feel so similar, yet they are almost like opposites.

Those five seconds to me is definitely one of the most powerful stand-alone moments, not only on Tré, but on the whole trilogy.

Other moments up there is "died of a broken heart", - X-Kid, and "talk myself out of falling in love, falling in love with you", - Oh Love, just on top of my head.

I guess I'm a sucker for epic build-up's followed by a guitar solo, and Brutal Love definitely tops that list.

Yeah, starting to appreciate Brutal Love much more since the live version was posted. I'm enjoying it much more. But I still don't think that 'miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind' thing is so good. On a side note, could someone tell me where that 'died of a broken heart' moment is? I mean, what song? Right now I can't remember it, but I think it's on ¡Tré! and I remember that I loved that part because of the long note. I even recall hearing it yesterday or so.

Archived