¡TRÉ!

Liam

I think it should have the same energy and flow as Jesus of suburbia

I agree, I think there isn't really any other way to play that song.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interpreted Missing You in a totally different way today. Rather than being about missing someone because they're literally far away, it seemed to make a lot more sense as missing someone because you've fallen out or even split up with them. You've forgotten how much you need them in your flurry of negative emotions, but you feel like something is missing and realise it's that person. Then you're telling them to remember the first time you said you loved them and that it's not over, because you've realised they're your blood and soul.

Obviously that's a totally personal interpretation, no idea what Billie intended but it's great that you can interpret these songs in so many different ways.

I thought that was everybody's interpretation?

I love the new bonus live tracks! The trilogy songs are definitely made to play live. I have no idea why the slowed down all the songs when they recorded them... I enjoyed every single live version of the trilogy songs better than the recordings. I'm not the biggest fan of Stop When the Red Lights Flash and Kill the DJ, but I love the live versions that I've heard from them. It's just faster and with more energy.

Why don't they record the songs with the speed they actually play them? The songs from Insomniac etc. are played with the same speed like they played them live and that album has great energy.

I love the new bonus live tracks! The trilogy songs are definitely made to play live. I have no idea why the slowed down all the songs when they recorded them... I enjoyed every single live version of the trilogy songs better than the recordings. I'm not the biggest fan of Stop When the Red Lights Flash and Kill the DJ, but I love the live versions that I've heard from them. It's just faster and with more energy.

Why don't they record the songs with the speed they actually play them? The songs from Insomniac etc. are played with the same speed like they played them live and that album has great energy.

They don't slow down when they record, they speed up when they play live. And if you listen closely Brain Stew is played way faster live than in the studio recording!

This makes me remember the warning era, all the songs from that record when they were played live sounded a way faster.

I thought that was everybody's interpretation?

I think most people interpreted it as missing someone because they're far away. That's how I interpreted it at first too.

New-found appreciation for Brutal Love. I just adore the way that it starts off as a sombre acoustic number, and then ascends into this epic rock-ballad crescendo.

I've liked Amanda since live snippets started appearing on YouTube last year. I think it's an energetic, hook-laden track featuring an interesting guitar solo. Also, Billie's finally naming the girl who inspired so many Green Day songs.

The guitar solo is really interesting, it uses layered guitars playing different things octaves lower and stuff. Definetley one of the best guitar solos from the trilogy!

Dirty Rotten Bastards cover....I am on drums....got really sweaty during this one.

You should make your own threads for these. They're really good, but I think you would get more recognition if you had your own thread dedicated to them. Plus, you wouldn't have to post them in random threads, no offense.

• 2 weeks later...

New-found appreciation for Brutal Love. I just adore the way that it starts off as a sombre acoustic number, and then ascends into this epic rock-ballad crescendo.

Same, I really like the use of the the horns and strings. They sound great and go perfectly with the vocals without overpowering them which can happen when bands try and throw in additional instruments like that.

My girlfriend just called called me while she was driving and told me X-Kid was playing on the radio. I know this because she put the phone up to the speakers!!!!

My girlfriend just called called me while she was driving and told me X-Kid was playing on the radio. I know this because she put the phone up to the speakers!!!!

Then it means it's been released as a single! :lol: Yay!!! :dance:

Good! Finally! It was about time! ¡Tré! was released in December and we get the single in February :lol:

The vinyl's out today!!! I called the Hot Topic near my school to see if they had the limited-edition yellow one in, but they said they didn't have it, so I had to drive 30 minutes the opposite way to my local record store and get the standard version. It sucks how the only colored vinyl I got from the Trilogy was ¡Dos!, I want all three! :(

Hi guys, These are the 4 bonus tracks from the another Japanese version of ¡TRÉ!

Also, it has some information about how to get them. You need the 3 Japanese albums, then you'll get a code that you must entered on this page

So that you could get those 4 bonus tracks.

Does anyone know how to break these tracks up?

Does anyone know how to break these tracks up?

I have them, I ripped the individual hd videos of the tracks on youtube but you can't get any better than 192kbps AAC :sad:

Brutal Love and X-Kid are for me two of the best Green Day 's song written.

I really love these song that make my heart beating out of time.

Lyrics, music, production everything is perfect for me in these song.

I was talking to someone at my school about Green Day, and he mentioned that he hadn't listened to them in a while because they "haven't put out any new music in like three years".

:o

Anyway, he listened to X kid and liked it so much he bought Tre, but not the other two albums :P

Tre is cool.

I already liked this album a lot from the first listen, but it's been growing on me more and more. I still like the others more, but my love for them has stayed the same while my love for Tre continues growing.

Brutal Love is seriously the most beautiful Green Day song of all time. And Walk Away has REALLY grown on me, such a wonderful classic sounding rock song. Is it just me or is "You're gonna need a parachute/Or a use a pair of shoes..." the most hilarious and genius rhyme ever? :lol:

I agree that Brutal Love is a wonderful song. I think it's one of the best songs Green Day have ever written. Billie's voice in that song is amazing, he really shows that he's such a talented singer. And that line in Walk Away, I love it too! It's so funny and unique at the same time.

What does it means "Bombs away" in X-Kid, I mean I understand the two words but no the sens in the song, is that a expression or that's a references to something ?

Cause I relly love the song bu that's disturbs me to don't understand that lyrcis

I love this album so much!!!! My favorite is ¡Dos!, but ¡Tré! it´s just beautiful, i can´t stop listen Brutal love, Missing you and Drama queen, i think it´s one of my favorite till now :wub:

Archived