¡TRÉ!

Liam

No idea, I just googled the lyrics because I didn't want to go check the booklet :lol:

The piece of lyrics I don't understand in Sex, Drugs & Violence is 'Safety in numbers'.

"Safety in numbers" is a phrase people use, meaning that the more people you have around you, the less likely you are to fall victim to something.

Think of it as walking around the city at night alone versus with a group of friends. A criminal is probably not going to try and rob half a dozen people who are all together. If you're by yourself, that's a different story. We're not as vulnerable with more people to protect each other. Hope that helps!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Safety in numbers" is a phrase people use, meaning that the more people you have around you, the less likely you are to fall victim to something.

Think of it as walking around the city at night alone versus with a group of friends. A criminal is probably not going to try and rob half a dozen people who are all together. If you're by yourself, that's a different story. We're not as vulnerable with more people to protect each other. Hope that helps!

Wow, yeah it helped a lot! Thanks, I didn't know that expression :)

Dirty Rotten Bastards sounds amazing on vinyl.

That is all.

As time goes by, the more I appreciate the songs of this album.

I went from "my least favourite GD album" to "holy shit I love Trilogy and it's the best album from it" in 2 month. And it keeps getting better :D

I don't know why, but after seeing Cuatro i appreciate A LOT more all the 3 albums :cool:

Me too.

I went from "my least favourite GD album" to "holy shit I love Trilogy and it's the best album from it" in 2 month. And it keeps getting better :D

Every time I hear Tre! a strange and at the same time beautiful feeling comes inside my head and my heart...I can't describe it more well.

TRE is my favorite Green Day album in the trilogy. I think that it has the strongest groove and pace to it, and lyrically it's more fluent than the others. Naturally there are some moments I was left scratching my head at either a melody choice, or lyrical phrasing, but on the whole I found it to be a pretty cohesive piece. Standing out to me, of course is X-Kid. A semi-biographical look into Billie Joe's life, even though it's based upon someone else he knew. It clearly has the undertones to the life he lead. Truthfully no one knows the extent of any problem he ever faced, so you're kind of lead to either think about it or not, and X-Kid - Sex, Drugs & Violence, and Walk Away give me the impression that some of the troubles were extensive. Walk Away is my second favorite track, it's got the familiar catchyness of Dookie, and in my opinion it has the power of the songs on American Idiot. The idea of it being so broad with what the subject is, makes me like it even more. You can take it as a bad relationship, friendship, addiction, personality trait, whatever you want. Sometimes you realize things are so bad, you know you just have to walk away. A sentiment people need to learn, and Billie Joe has obviously learned in a few ways post writing this song.

I could go on and on but Tre is just...amazing to me ha.

I think I've decided that Tré is officially my favorite in the trilogy. I listen to it continuously and it's just as good every time. Brutal Love, Sex, Drugs and Violence, Missing You, and 8th Avenue Serenade just keep bringing me back. They're ridiculously good!

so theres bonus live tracks?

Those are probably on the Japanese version of Tre. Japan somehow always gets bonus songs on their albums, maybe it has something to do with the record label. The same thing happened with Favorite Son on American Idiot.

Those are probably on the Japanese version of Tre. Japan somehow always gets bonus songs on their albums, maybe it has something to do with the record label. The same thing happened with Favorite Son on American Idiot.

They do that because CDs in Japan cost a shitload of money, so they put more songs on to make up for it.

I just heard X-Kid on the radio for the first time. It's always the first time I hear GD songs on the radio whenever I go on a long trip.

I am in love with this album so much. I always find myself humming to songs from Tre at any time of the day.

I like this album more than when it came out. My favs are Brutal Love, Missing You, X-Kid and Walk Away. Would love for Missing You to be added to the setlist.

I just heard X-Kid on the radio for the first time. It's always the first time I hear GD songs on the radio whenever I go on a long trip.

Green Day is never played on the radio here...The only Green Day songs I've ever heard on the radio are 21 Guns and Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

I think I've decided that Tré is officially my favorite in the trilogy. I listen to it continuously and it's just as good every time. Brutal Love, Sex, Drugs and Violence, Missing You, and 8th Avenue Serenade just keep bringing me back. They're ridiculously good!

It's nice to finally find someone who likes Sex, Drugs and Violence! I love that song but everyone else seems to dislike. I understand the chorus is...eh (even though I love it) but I think in general it has a pretty cool message.

I like to think of Tre in 3 parts.

Part One is Brutal Love through X-Kid, the poppiest section of the album

Part Two is S+D&V through Walk Away, the pop-punk section that could have been switched with any songs from Uno.

Part Three is the eclectic mix of DRB, 99 Revs, and The Forgotten, closing out Tre with a bang, while ending similar to how it began.

Green Day is never played on the radio here...The only Green Day songs I've ever heard on the radio are 21 Guns and Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

I suppose you get a lot of country, even on pop and rock stations?

It's nice to finally find someone who likes Sex, Drugs and Violence! I love that song but everyone else seems to dislike. I understand the chorus is...eh (even though I love it) but I think in general it has a pretty cool message.

+1

I suppose you get a lot of country, even on pop and rock stations?

It depends on what station. A lot of the stations play pop music like Taylor Swift or they play rock music (that I dislike) like 10 Years or Three Days Grace, but even those "rock" stations don't play Green Day. Because the station sucks...The rock music they play isn't even that great and it all sounds the same.

And then there are the country stations.

It depends on what station. A lot of the stations play pop music like Taylor Swift or they play rock music (that I dislike) like 10 Years or Three Days Grace, but even those "rock" stations don't play Green Day. Because the station sucks...The rock music they play isn't even that great and it all sounds the same.

And then there are the country stations.

I guess it hinges on the the DJ's focus/theme for the station - and how content the higher ups are with that theme. Two halves of the problem

I like to think of Tre in 3 parts.

Part One is Brutal Love through X-Kid, the poppiest section of the album

Part Two is S+D&V through Walk Away, the pop-punk section that could have been switched with any songs from Uno.

Part Three is the eclectic mix of DRB, 99 Revs, and The Forgotten, closing out Tre with a bang, while ending similar to how it began.

I agree, but I think that Missing You could be placed in Part Two, as it's a pop-punk tune.

I agree, but I think that Missing You could be placed in Part Two, as it's a pop-punk tune.

That one is ambiguous, but it just makes more sense to place it with its kin track list wise than to move it out of order.

• 1 month later...

I haven't listen to the trilogy, especially iTré! nearly enough, and I'm giving that album a full listen now. It's amazing. A couple of fillers but there are some mindblowing songs like DRB and Brutal Love. Missing You and Walk Away are pretty awesome too.

Archived