¡TRÉ!

Liam

Because now that ¡Tre! has starting streaming on a Canadian website and will eventually leak for everyone else to hear, I think its time to make the official thread.

Please keep in mind that this thread is not for posting download links, asking for download links or asking for PM's and asking/giving ways to find it is not allowed, any comments doing the following will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned. We do allow links to streaming websites though.

I suggest going to listen to it before starting discussion.

Now enjoy ¡Tre! you pirate assholes :)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inspired.

Please keep in mind if you haven't heard it, you should listen before start the excessive posting.

Leak is better than stream. At least its not limited to a country or something when its a leak. :(

Sex, Drugs and Violence sounds like old school Green Day. Could see this being a popular one.

Really liked the indie vibe I got off 8th Avenue Serenade also.

This also seems to have a more Beatlesy influence on tracks like Brutal Love and Drama Queen.

So let's continue...haha

Amanda is so much fun. Billie Joe hit to spot on some really catchy hooks. Almost up to early Beatles standards of catchyness.

the more I listen to Brutal Love, I'm finding it very Beatles-esque, there's a vocal part straight out of "This Boy"

Seriously, when are the Beatles comparisons gonna stop? It's been a few years, maybe it's time to applaud creativity instead of inspiration and ripoffs.

Seriously, when are the Beatles comparisons gonna stop? It's been a few years, maybe it's time to applaud creativity instead of inspiration and ripoffs.

To be fair Billie did say that some elements of Tre were like B-sides of Abbey Road.

To be fair Billie did say that some elements of Tre were like B-sides of Abbey Road.

It was still getting old 30 years ago.

I wouldn't say comparing them to the Beatles is at all a bad thing, especially in this case. I'm just doing it to give the people who can't listen to it now something that is universally comparable to. And melody wise, they're all creative, their use of harmony, for example, is what brings out some familiar aspects.

I'm using proxies and it's just about to play the album but then doesn't. fuck fuck.

I appreciate all the Beatles title-dropping for Brutal Love comparisons. People have said This Boy and Oh! Darling, and I can completely picture the vibe of the song thanks to that, so please don't stop with comparisons of any type :D

Archived