Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Happiest and unhappiest albums?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Guest_RedStrokes_*

Guest_RedStrokes_*
  • Joined --
  • 0 rep
I think somebody already said this, but green day doesn't really do happy. But I think the closest Thing to happy they made is 1039 or dookie, which still has some very unhappy lyrics. The unhappiest album I would say is either nimrod or insomniac

naeemiih

naeemiih
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Joined Oct 12, 2010
  • 522 rep

even though Green Day doesn't have many "happy" lyrics, all of their music can make me happy

Jane Lannister

Jane Lannister
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2012
  • 33 rep
they don't have a completely happy album...that would be too boring. There are always more topics of lyrics.
But lyrically unhappiest is Insomniac...but mellodicaly it doesn't sound unhapilly. It's more about the "energy" of that record, the way BJ sings. It's just havier, angry...call it how you want. As second I'd choose Nimrod...some songs are really depressing.
Btw. Why so many people say that Dos is the unhappiest? I'think that the only really sad song there is Lazy Bones.

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,447 rep

I think their saddest album is "Warning." I guess maybe I feel this way because at the time it they thought it was going to be their last album and you can sort of hear that in the music.

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • shut up, Merlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 5,016 rep

I don't know about the unhappy album, but for me the happy album of them is Warning, cause me and my sister always dancing happy when we listening to this album in the car.... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users