Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

iTunes 11

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Gregorovich

Gregorovich
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 481 rep
Just upgraded to iTunes 11. It's completely different in almost every possible way. What do you guys thing about it? At first I was really annoyed that Cover Flow is gone, but I'm growing to the new way of displaying albums. I don't like the 'fade' effect they put on the album art in the pop-out though - it looks really bad in almost all cases, especially with Uno Dos and Tre. I think the more I play with it, the more I start to like it. Definitely still needs a little aesthetic work though.

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 501 rep
I really like the new way of displaying albums, it looks really good with American Idiot and 21st CB.

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep
I hate it, want the old one back. Because I can't seem to sort albums after artist-release year, it automatically sorts after artist-name of the album. You can't make the album covers/squares bigger either like you could with the old one. And I have to move the whole itunes window by myself because otherwise I can't scroll. Conclusion, it's shit :pinch:

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,689 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,069 rep

I hate it, want the old one back. Because I can't seem to sort albums after artist-release year, it automatically sorts after artist-name of the album. You can't make the album covers/squares bigger either like you could with the old one. And I have to move the whole itunes window by myself because otherwise I can't scroll. Conclusion, it's shit http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

There should be an option for artist-year. I hope so at least. I didn't know that we can update to iTunes 11, so I'll do that now. Let's see what I think about it..

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep

There should be an option for artist-year. I hope so at least. I didn't know that we can update to iTunes 11, so I'll do that now. Let's see what I think about it..

Don't update, you'll regret it! :happy: I've looked at every possible place and I can't find artist-year like I could in the old one.

And another problem, the new itunes deleted some of the music videos I had =/

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,689 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,069 rep

Don't update, you'll regret it! http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... I've looked at every possible place and I can't find artist-year like I could in the old one.

And another problem, the new itunes deleted some of the music videos I had http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

It is possible to go back to another version, or not?

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep
I've got no idea if it's possible to go back, does anyone know?

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth
  • I am a mountain, I am the sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 1,993 rep
It looks pretty awesome when you display albums like AAF
Posted Image

but wow. Bright colourful covers look like cheap monkey ass.

Posted Image

I want the old version back, but I'm kinda lazy. Guess I'll have to deal with this one.

Gregorovich

Gregorovich
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 481 rep

I hate it, want the old one back. Because I can't seem to sort albums after artist-release year, it automatically sorts after artist-name of the album. You can't make the album covers/squares bigger either like you could with the old one. And I have to move the whole itunes window by myself because otherwise I can't scroll. Conclusion, it's shit http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I got really pissed off at this at first, but found a fix: Press ctrl+J, and then a window will pop up giving you the option to re-sort your albums according to year.

I'm actually really liking the 'Up Next' feature. Very handy for creating spontaneous playlists.

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,689 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,069 rep

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y535...

I want the old version back, but I'm kinda lazy. Guess I'll have to deal with this one.

That first one looks pretty cool, but then the second one.. not so much. Why does that have to remind me of the windows 8 ad?..

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep

I got really pissed off at this at first, but found a fix: Press ctrl+J, and then a window will pop up giving you the option to re-sort your albums according to year.

I'm actually really liking the 'Up Next' feature. Very handy for creating spontaneous playlists.

Awesome, thanks! And yeah the up next feature is good. But I still think that the old one was better.

DecanoLP

DecanoLP
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts
  • Joined Sep 01, 2009
  • 662 rep
I'm really digging the new design. Can't see any poblems with it, love it :)

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time
  • I'm at the bottom of your list of things to do.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,819 rep

My Uno looks like this:
Posted Image It's so damn pretty.

Up Next is so good, I love that you can decide what's coming next in advance and not have to keep goign back to change the song. :happy:

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,501 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,287 rep
It's awesome, i love it ! It's a lot different from the other version, but i like it !

Idiotic Tendency...

Idiotic Tendency...
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2012
  • 654 rep
I love it. It looks great on American Idiot.
And Metallica's Kill 'em All album:
Posted Image

Advertising

Ritz

Ritz
  • I am the motherfucking best- Mike Dirnt.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,916 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,173 rep
I love the new interface. The way it inherits the cover art and the text on the cover colors. Its pretty amazing.

pieterv

pieterv
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2011
  • 323 rep
If anyone doesn't like how the album colors look on most albums, you can remove the custm colors in the general preferences: "Use custom colors for open albums, movies, etc."
You can get back sorting by artist/release year as mentioned above
And if you want the sidebar back you can do that in the menu bar's view menu (windows users need to press alt before seeing the menu bar)

I quite like it, but I'd hoped for a more extensive rewrite instead of a reskinning, you can find lots of things that look old and unpolished, like the view options window window.

ahu.2401

ahu.2401
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Joined Jul 04, 2011
  • 855 rep
I like it. For the first few seconds after the update I was confused as to where the tracklists were but after that, it's pretty awesome. I like it better than v10.

Chuckk

Chuckk
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 117 rep
I've seen 3 versions of displaying Uno in iTunes O.o Why is that ?

https://dl.dropbox.c... 1.47.26 PM.png this is mine..

Someone has pink text .. someone has black background .. wtf!

Ritz

Ritz

• 11,916 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,173 rep
I have this too, just pink text.

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2011
  • 414 rep
I really like the new iTunes. I love how the album covers match the design when you click on them! Everything's so pretty. Here are some of my favorites:

Spoiler

Even though I don't like how they removed some useful features, for example you can't see the length of the albums anymore, or how many albums you have in total. Also the feature to find duplicates. Oh well.

Gregorovich

Gregorovich
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 481 rep
I don't know why yours is different, but the one with the black background was because the guy has a version of the cover with a big black boarder (the album art you see on Spotify).

Edit: I think my favourite ones are Awesome as Fuck, Sum 41's Underclass Hero & Does This Look Infected, and The Foo Fighters' Wasting Light.

Chuckk

Chuckk
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 117 rep

Even though I don't like how they removed some useful features, for example you can't see the length of the albums anymore, or how many albums you have in total. Also the feature to find duplicates. Oh well.

iTunes - View - Show Status Bar :)

I don't know why yours is different, but the one with the black background was because the guy has a version of the cover with a big black boarder (the album art you see on Spotify).

Edit: I think my favourite ones are Awesome as Fuck, Sum 41's Underclass Hero & Does This Look Infected, and The Foo Fighters' Wasting Light.

Oh i see :D but i still dont understand why color of text is different :/

EastCaitlinNowhere

EastCaitlinNowhere
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 114 rep
Didn't expect it to be so different, pretty confusing if I say so myself lol
I don't like the new search feature, you have to go through all those hoops just to listen to the song you want.
Plus, they don't show the album artwork like they used to, unless you search it and go on the artist in question's page. Plus, it added all of my previous purchases from iTunes so I had to redelete those, and that wasted a good half hour of my time.

Edit- just looked at the album section and the colour co-ordination looks pretty cool, especially on American Idiot and Uno.

Edited by EastCaitlinNowhere, 02 December 2012 - 08:07 AM.

AmericanIdiot27

AmericanIdiot27
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined May 25, 2012
  • 18 rep
Quick question, I didn't buy Uno from iTunes. What does it look like then? I have the album artwork with it.

Ana.

Ana.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Joined Jan 18, 2012
  • 355 rep
I am not a huge fan, I don't like the design much.

I am mad they removed the black grid theme and it's just white, which doesn't fit my computer, because EVERYTHING on my computer is black. Perhaps they'll reintroduce it later on again.

The only thing I really like about it, is the 'next up' option, that's really cool.

Ritz

Ritz

• 11,916 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,173 rep

Quick question, I didn't buy Uno from iTunes. What does it look like then? I have the album artwork with it.

Same as others. Well, for me.

AmericanIdiot27

AmericanIdiot27
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined May 25, 2012
  • 18 rep

Same as others. Well, for me.

Thanks Ritz.

pieterv

pieterv
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2011
  • 323 rep

Plus, it added all of my previous purchases from iTunes so I had to redelete those, and that wasted a good half hour of my time.

You've actually just hidden all your previous purchases from your iTunes account, while you could have gone to the menu bar (alt on Windows) and clicked "Hide music in the cloud".

Oh and the colors for albums are picked by a computer algorithm, if you used a cover version with slightly more or less color saturation for example it may pick different main colors because of that.
My Awesome As Fuck colors are actually white on black, it didn't use the pink in the cover.

LudeBoy

LudeBoy
  • thei see me tverkin' thei haytin'

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Joined Mar 29, 2011
  • 569 rep

You can't make the album covers/squares bigger either like you could with the old one.

ctrl + j and use the slider

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users