Green Day taught me...

Unholy Sister of Grace

That my town bishop doesn't know I exist. Well he will do when he realises I stole his garden gnomes.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much to not give a fuck and just live my life the way I want to. I don't owe anyone shit basically.

Best advise :happy:

It's okay to screw up.

Everyone was young and confused once

How to break the mold

If you don't like something, say it

Think for yourself

That "making mistakes is a lot better than not doing anything at all"
and that you can be anything you want to be. Even if you were raised a certain way,

you can always change your path

and also not to give a f***

• 2 months later...

All of us die hard fans are all into Green Day for a reason, whether it be the fact that they came into our lives and made us happier, or got us to think for ourselves.

To stand up for what I believe in, even if it is a little scary.

Green day taught me how to be a stoner and how to roll joints.

and they also taught me how to be myself and who that person was

:)

Be the minority, fuck the haters

I also learned that I apparently do not want all the things that I haven't got...

They taught me that their is a reason for the bass guitar to be loud as the guitar. They have taught me several things from being myself and not to give a shit about others. The most important thing is that when your stressing over something just don't worry about it. For example, if there is a important test and I am over stressing, I calm down and think to myself, " Is this really me, is this worth it?"

...to be so passionate about a band that I would register for and participate on an internet forum, which I never thought I would do.

Not to give a shit what other people think. Or at least that I shouldn't give a shit what other people think! Let Yourself Go was a liberating song for me.

I had a similar thing with Minority. It was when I first really started listening to music and I realised a whole heaps of songs that I liked where actually made by one band. Which lead me to looking more and more into their music and it has lead me to where I am now. The biggest factor in it was Minority. I was living, while trying to please others, when I started listening to Minority, it taught me to be myself, say "Fuck'em all", who cares what they think. It actually helped me get through a hard time in my life.

Just like the Homecoming part says, They Taught Me How To Live. And I'll be thankful to these guys for ever 'cause if I wasn't a fan, I would be still that quiet girl on the corner, waiting for the others to talk to her, the girl that never stands for what she believes, the girl that does whatever people tell her to do, and the girl that never told anyone she wanted to be a singer.. Now ALL that have changed through 9 years, thanks to Billie Joe, Mike and Tre.. And for that I love these half-crazy half-weird guys, so in case they ever read this (yeah, sure), THANK YOU, GREEN DAY...!!!! :rose:

that if you'll eat shit - you won't die!!

That I really like obsessing over a 41 year old midget with a fantastic ass and insanely fluffy hair.

To do what you're passionate for, how to follow your heart and not your mind, fuck everyone's point of view of your life, and just to be happy of who you are even when your the outcast or minority

To do what you're passionate for, how to follow your heart and not your mind, fuck everyone's point of view of your life, and just to be happy of who you are even when your the outcast or minority

Same here. They taught me to be myself, no matter what anyone says.

Green Day taught me the word kleptomaniac. Thank you, Green Day!

They taught me the words Armageddon, apocalypse, and strangely enough masturbation. If I may be so frank (yes indeed, if I may be so Tre), I did it before I knew there was a word for it. Then I heard Longview and thought "what is that word?" So I looked it up and was like "oh"

So yeah, Billie and his colorful, sometimes political, sometimes angsty vocabulary

Archived