Green Day taught me...

Unholy Sister of Grace

"Fuck em all, you are your own sight." "Don't put away your burning light." "Live without warning." Similiar to what others said, except I was already knew all the swear words... :cool:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanitation, expiration date, question everything, or shut up and be a victim of authority.

They taught me that music can change your life.

"I think that anyone who says rock n' roll can't change lives is full of shit, it can, it changed mine."

-Billie Joe

This pretty much sums it up nicely ;D

Don't just blindly believe everything you're told, even if it's from an authority figure. Always think for yourself and question everything.

They taught me what good music really is and how powerful it can be.

They taught me to keep going and never give up even when things seem hopeless.

Really, there's so much they've taught me and I'm grateful to them for that it can't be put into words. They are a wonderful, wonderful band!

Their songs made me start to think about how I see myself and how I want to be seen, and have defined me in a lot of ways I think. Also, it were Green Day who introduced me to having an opinion and who made me think about where I stand concerning political/economical/moral issues. I don't always agree with them, but they are the ones who taught me to have an, and my opinion instead of repeating stuff and/or accepting it without reflection.

Guess this might just be growing up, but they were a catalyst for me, and I love the music and everything, they just are my favorite band!

• 1 month later...

Green Day taught me that if I'm going to wear my mother's leather thongs, it's best to do so when she's at the grocery store.

They taught me not to judge people because of their choices. That it's ok if people are different, and that you shouldn't judge them based on just your first impression.

Green Day taught me that if something pisses you off, speak your mind and get a Grammy for it.

They taught me so many things. but it basically sums up to how to live your life.cause your born and raised a certain way and thats how you think you should live by but as soon as you hit school and you see how society is you question yourself.but Green Day teaches me not to question myself.they taught me that I should explore and try to find myself.but never question or doubt yourself.because that is a slippery slope to losing yourself and not knowing who you are.

Green Day helped me find who I am, and I love who I am.Thanks to Green Day :)

How to enjoy love in a purely sillly and outrageous way....how to absolutely stand for what I believe in even if that meant standing alone..definitely how to rock my turquoise hair that resulted from electric blue manic panic...and what it means to be at the top of the bottom of the barrel :)

Not to give a shit what other people think. Or at least that I shouldn't give a shit what other people think! Let Yourself Go was a liberating song for me.

Green Day taught me.. "it's something you can't describe in words" quoting Billie.

It's like magic. I'm lost for words when I have to answer questions like these, ya know?

Oh, I forgot to say I recently got through my anxiety and my eating disorder because of them. I can't explain, they just gave me the strength I needed. I got to be more confident too and even think about going out with people I had never gone out with.

• 5 weeks later...

To be myself and almost everything that everybody says....................................... oh and wear eyeliner lol :D

They taught me the usefulness of earplugs... but failed to teach me how to make money...

They have taught me three things:

-Work hard at what I do and not to give up because "Anything that's successful is a series of mistakes"

-To take pride in my own individuality and also accept others for who they are

-Live life the way I want to but also take chances to live life to the fullest

Archived