Green Day taught me...

Unholy Sister of Grace

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That I don't have to shut up and sit down, that I don't have to do something I don't agree with, that I have to think by myself.

That I don't have to be afraid of being myself and to not care what people think. They also taught me how wonderful is to laugh :lol::happy:

They taught me to be my own person not care what others think of me.

They taught me to appreciate quality music.

Corny as this will sound, they taught me what loving your favorite band really means. Its the music, of course, but it is so, so much more than that.

They taught me to not give a fuck about what people think of me, and just do what I want; y'know live your life under your own command.

They also influenced me to start playing the guitar. (That's sort of something that relates to the topic, right?)

they taught me...

- what good music is. My taste went from everything what's in the charts to Sum 41, Anti Flag, Rise Against and what not - Just because of Green Day.

- That it's fine to be the minority as long as you're being yourself and not giving a fuck about what others think and say about you

- a hell lot of English. I mean... without them this whole forum wouldn't exist, I wouldn't be half as good.

Green Day have taught me:

- Being a minority is cool.

- Accepting myself for who I am, and accepting others for who they are

- How much of an impact music can have on a person's life

- To enjoy every moment I get

- And probably a whole heap more I just cant think of right now

"you taught me how to live said the st. Jimmy in the name of Billie Joe the god" ( Homecoming chapter 12, verse 6).

Good music is good music and trying to define how punk something is or what subgenre it fits into is a pointless circlejerk. Also that pop music can still be good.

To don't give a fuck about everything and everyone

You'll go far.

They taught me it is okay to be yourself, even if you are weird and different. They taught me to embrace my weirdness and feel comfortable about it. It's also okay to be immature and stupid and just 'let yourself go', you don't have to listen to what other people think of you. Just be yourself :)

actually, I can't even imagine what kind of person I'd be if I haven't got to know their music, they've changed so much about me, yet taught me to embrace my individuality.

They opened a whole new door to good music for me, someone who used to listen mainly to popular music, they've taught me to live without warning and to not obey to stupid laws, beliefs, social norms and question everything, they taught me to love the fact that I'm a reject, they helped me to develop emotionally, form values, learn that I should fight for them no matter what,they taught me how important it is to be an individual and have gave a lot of inspiration to draw and make silly art :banana: (with an occasional kind of serious drawing).

Also, they've provided me the best lessons on how to be a fucked up weirdo (not that I wasn't already XDD) and enjoy life to it's fullest :P

I can go on for days, but I'm just gonna say they've changed me a lot.

...how to not be a loser.

but there's nothing wrong with being a loser, it depends on how good are you at it :cool:

Green Day has definitely taught me how to get over the loss of somebody close to you, whether it be by death or by them leaving, or you having to let them go.

Another thing the band has done is help me as I dealt with those experiences.

...how to not be a loser.

Or to take pride in being one?

So many things: They introduced me to the world of Rock'n roll while I was listening to shitty stuffs on the radio. They taught me not to take everything for granted, to dig for information and not just simply to watch TV and wait for the information to fall on you, but rather go and look for it on the internet or anything else and then think by myself. They taught me how to be a musician, to make great songs with only 3 chords (which is actually harder than what people may think). To remain simple and remain who I am. They helped me to improve my English which is very important for me as I am to become and English teacher. And they taught me how to behave on stage. And thanks to this last thing, people like my band eventhough it's not really Green Day like, but they like our atitude because we comunicate with the audience as GD does. And that saves everythign even if we play like shit.

Archived