Green Day taught me...

Unholy Sister of Grace

Perhaps there's already a topic like this, I don't think I saw a recent one, forgive me if there is but...

I would like to share and see what other people take from hearing Green Day's music, like life lessons or beliefs, etc.

For example, I learned how important it was to vote and be politically active/aware from AI and 21CB. I also feel like Green Day places a lot of emphasis on being a genuine individual who doesn't take shit from people who try and bring them down. That's something I've come to value a well.

I also learned (indirectly) what masturbation meant. I heard it the first time I played ISH, looked it up, and was like....."Oh."

Pretty crazy, and awesome too.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They taught me how to treat people. And also that people who do drugs and all that aren't necessarily people to stay away from if you like the person other than that. Thanks to them I have some more confidence and I also have more friends and people I meet for the first time usually get a good impression. In my new class everyone either likes me or is neutral because we don't talk :D

without joking now, they really taught me how to live! they showed me that's ok to be myself the way I am. and they did many things for me indirectly after my father passed away. green day taught me how to handle this loss! and they inspired me to pick up some instruments and writing my own stuff. I love watching performances of them, I alway look at how billie plays (where he grabs) his guitar! these are just few aspects, it's impossible for me to name every single thing they taught me.

they are not innocent about who I am today :shy:

They actually taught me that I can be who I am and I don't need to be ashamed of that. That I can have whatever kind of hair colour, clothes.. And like some of you already said: how to live. And since when I am Green Day fan I feel like I am more confident (i don't know why). Few years ago I couldn't sing infront of a lot of people in music school, but now I can, because i'm so much more confident. And they are giving me motivation for my life most of all. And for not give up and follow my dreams. They also inspired me for start playing guitar. :)

I almost forgot: They also improved my English skills. So I'm really happy, because now I can speak English better than I did before. :lol:

Green Day kind of taught me how to live in many ways. I've become a much better person because of them.. they also taught me to be myself, do what I want to do, follow my dreams, to not give up and so many more things. I'm so thankful for them..

they thought me that all I know is I don't know nothing :D (they introduced knowledge to me so I give them the credit xD)

They taught me to live the moment Carpe Diem. They also taught me to not care what anybody else thinks about me and just be myself and don't give a shit about what they say. Another things is that they taught me that from anything bad I can see the good side, learn from the mistakes and mistake again and again cause this is how you live- you're mistaking and then learning something out of it.

The main things they taught me: Carpe Diem, Believe in yourself, don't give a shit about what stupid ppl say, grasp to control & hold on, be yourself, have perseverance, don't be arrogant, there's nothing wrong with you in a land of make believe, love, loyalty, that I'm my own closest enemy & my worst friend, DON'T BE afraid of making mistakes & many many many more that would take ages to type :D But y'know..... " They taught me how to live "

I've listened to many other bands, but none of them fits with me like Green Day does!

btw, although mom & dad don't look so hot these days, but my future's looking good!

and finally, the line that gives me the strength to carry on " It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right... " Actually, Good Riddance is a song that teaches you about so many things in your life.

To quote BJ: " The harder you work, the luckier you get "

P.S: Billie Joe owes my English! ;)

They taught me that it's okay to be kinda weird as long as you're yourself.

That I should be the black dot on the white sheet of human beings.

And last but not least, that I must question and doubt everything.

Green Day taught me that it's okay to be myself, and to not care what others think of me. They taught me openness to homosexuality, and to stand up for other people. They also taught me what "panhandle" means and to never jack off a cactus

They taught me it's nothing wrong to be myself. The lyrics "And there is nothing wrong with me. This how I'm suppose to be" And not to care what other think :happy:

Excactly what you all said, that no one can judge what I am or what I do. (And plenty of English)

how to be my own voice and use that voice for good and sometimes evil..

I don't know what to do with this topic, so I'll just make a post in it.

GD taught me to don't give a shit about what others think of what I do. I do it for me, not for them.

They taught me how to not care, and get over girlfriends, and they (not in a literal sense) taught me how to play guitar, and write better and better music. They also taught me that the popular route is not always the way you want to go, and that it's OK to be different and just flip anyone off if they tell you otherwise.

Essentially to not care what people think and to just be yourself.

They also taught me how to play the guitar in the sense that their music was pro as hell and I wanted to play it haha

They taught me how to live but also how to survive, that even if i'm the minority there is notthing wrong with me. they taught me why to love music...and they taught me how to love myself

Archived