What got you into Green Day?

Insomniac45

I saw Green Day on tv during Live 8 concert. I remember I was jumping on the couch listetning to, I thnik Holiday. One year later, when I got my own PC and could dowlnoad music which I want, I got AI, WMUWSE, BOBD and The Sainst Are Coming, yet I was such a big nerd, so I stoped listening to it. In 2009 I really got into Green Day. My dad was serching for something on TV and he found Viva (music television, now with shitty music) and there I saw video to KYE. It was real love. That time I had problems with my peers, so 21st Century Breakdown was my escape from them.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September ends,followed by American Idiot and 21 Guns

Rest as they say is history :P

I saw the Holiday video on MTV, it was so funny and the song it was so amazing, everyday was on air and that´s how i fell in love with them :wub: but it´s weird, 'cause the first video that i saw was Propocks and coke, i remember that it was funny for me see this guy with a dress, but i was so young, so i dind´t care music in that time :P

Mine's a really simple story, I was about 6 years old and I saw Basket Case on tv,

instantly I loved Green Day and I've loved them ever since.

I got into green day because one day me and my husband where out in the car when a green day song came on the radio and he said i f***king hate these they are sh*t, so afta a HUGE fight with him lata that week i thought f**k you i will p**s you off i downloading every green day song i could find and blasted them continuousness. It did the job p**sed him right off and i continue to do so on a daily matter i never bothered to listen to them before that but now i love them and got to say brutal love is my fav track of the new album

My sisters ex-husband was huge into Green Day back in 2004. He gave me my first CD's:
American idiot

Warning

Hot Fuss

TO this day The Killers and Green Day are two of my favorite groups.

I had heard AI and being young and ignorant was caught singing the wrong lyrics (cos I couldn't remember them so made them up) by my brother so he lent me his CD and then I went out and bought all the rest :lol:

somehow my brain remembered "Don't wanna be an American Idiot don't want a nation under the new media" as "don't wanna be an American Idiot... don't wanna get fucked by a meteor....." :blink: I was only 9 if that helps XD

around the time 21st century breakdown came out i heard them play 21 guns with the american idiot cast on some award show. I really liked it so I decided to listen to more from them. I mainly only listened to singles from American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown and Basket Case. then during summer 2011 I saw American Eulogy from a related video section on youtube. I listened to it and was hooked. I started listening to the 21 Century Breakdown and American Idiot album for a while and then the Uno, Dos, Tre albums were announced which kept me with them now.

Yeah, I know I'm a really new fan...

Archived