Green Day should do more covers

Johnny Higher

I was just reciting covers I knew they had done :happy:

Ohhhh ok, i thought you were just listing off some you'd like them to do in the future. My bad.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything by the Clash or the Replacements. That'd be so awesome. For example, I Will Dare, or Dose of Thunder.. :happy:

Also, this is really random, but I'd like them to do a rocked up version of the powerpuff girls theme tune.

Very yes.

I would also love them to do 'Kiss Me Deadly' by Generation X, i know Billie has done a short acoustic version, but i think a whole band full length cover would be pretty sweet! :)

They should cover an Emilys Army song :)

Mountain View 2010, F Word.

I would also love them to do 'Kiss Me Deadly' by Generation X, i know Billie has done a short acoustic version, but i think a whole band full length cover would be pretty sweet! :)

I only recently discovered Billie's acoustic cover of Kiss Me Deadly, and I couldn't believe I'd never heard it before. It's probably one of the best love songs of the punk canon, and an all-time fave of mine. So yes, full version please!

I'd like to hear them cover some more punk songs. Like stuff they were into when they first started the band and stuff from their old scene.

I would love it if they covered some Nirvana songs! Like Lithium, Rape Me, Smells Like Teen Spirit, etc.

And the original Pokemon theme song. That would be epic!

You know what'd be cool? If the covered bruce springsteen. That would be interesting to hear. Or Blink 182, but that'd never happen.

There are some older songs I'd love them to cover. I want a proper studio version of Baba O Riley and We Are The Champions. It'd be cool if they did Bohemian Rhapsody too. Maybe some of their favorite punk songs that inspired the band early on. Something from the Clash and the Ramones and stuff.

But also some newer stuff too. I kind of want to hear them do Since U Been Gone for some reason. :lol: I'd also be interested to hear them do Headfirst Slide by Fall Out Boy. Or Pumped Up Kicks. Or Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. I want to hear them kind of try some different styles a bit and show how versatile and talented they are. Maybe try some soulful or R&B stuff too.

I reeeeaaaally want them to do a whole album of Beatles covers, any songs would do. Billie's voice + Beatles songs = perfection :wub:. It would be amazing, whenever I listen to the Beatles I imagine it and crave it. Please do it Green Day.

My Hero by Foo Fighters...or any other Foo Fighters songs that I've heard, like Best of You or Everlong.

I actually hear many songs that involve me thinking "What if Green Day covered this?" Another one is Brick by Boring Brick by Paramore. Yes, Paramore.

Or possibly Amy Winehouse, because y'know. Something soulsy would be interesting, I'm not really sure how Billie's voice would do in a setting like that.

I would like to add here that I also love Mike's voice <33 and they (Billie and Mike) harmonize rather well.

There are some older songs I'd love them to cover. I want a proper studio version of Baba O Riley and We Are The Champions. It'd be cool if they did Bohemian Rhapsody too. Maybe some of their favorite punk songs that inspired the band early on. Something from the Clash and the Ramones and stuff.

But also some newer stuff too. I kind of want to hear them do Since U Been Gone for some reason. :lol: I'd also be interested to hear them do Headfirst Slide by Fall Out Boy. Or Pumped Up Kicks. Or Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. I want to hear them kind of try some different styles a bit and show how versatile and talented they are. Maybe try some soulful or R&B stuff too.

Yes! Yes! :runaround: Especially the part is in bold. I would flip out if they ever do a song in that genre. I think once Mike mentioned that his sister listened to The Gap Band while he was listening to punk music. So its totally possible! Personally, I would like to see their version of "Single Ladies" or some gender bending song women do it all the time.

Yes! Yes! :runaround: Especially the part is in bold. I would flip out if they ever do a song in that genre. I think once Mike mentioned that his sister listened to The Gap Band while he was listening to punk music. So its totally possible! Personally, I would like to see their version of "Single Ladies" or some gender bending song women do it all the time.

I agree!! It'd be wonderful if they did a bunch of covers that really stretch them musically and stylistically! I want to hear them play a range of genres - not just rock and punk, but also soul, R&B, dance pop, girl anthems! And not just songs from the 60s-80s - they should try some more modern stuff too from their contemporaries. I want to hear the whole spectrum of music they can perform!

Hey. For their next tour, they should do what Kelly Clarkson's been doing all year: Sing a different cover at each show. She had a fan request thing where fans that were going to that show would tweet her to do a cover of some song, and they would pick a different one each night. She sang everything from the Beatles to Eminem to "Call Me Maybe." It really showcased her talent at singing a wide range of styles. It would be awesome if Green Day did something like that and did a different cover at each show!

I want them to do a NOFX cover. I know Mike and Tre are NOFX fans, and I'm sure Billie is too, but I think it would be awesome.

I reeeeaaaally want them to do a whole album of Beatles covers, any songs would do. Billie's voice + Beatles songs = perfection :wub:. It would be amazing, whenever I listen to the Beatles I imagine it and crave it. Please do it Green Day.

That would be heaven. It'd be so good I'd cry.

I'd like to see a clash between Green Day and The Clash again. I'm assuming they haven't covered Guns of Brixton? That would be awesome.

I'd like to see a clash between Green Day and The Clash again. I'm assuming they haven't covered Guns of Brixton? That would be awesome.

That *would* be awesome! :woot:

Archived