Green Day should do more covers

Johnny Higher

Don't hate me for saying this, but I'd love to see them cover Blink-182

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hate me for saying this, but I'd love to see them cover Blink-182

That would be one of the rare cases where the cover blows the original out of the water :P

I kind of want them to cover that paramore song Ignorance, I think they could show that song a good time.

They should definitely do a Beatles cover, I can only think about how great I Saw Her Standing There or Paperback Writer would be.

I kinda want them to do some more Metallica covers and maybe some more Kinks covers. It would be so cool if they covered "One" (Metallica, for those who don't know) or "Destroyer" (The Kinks) and some others, but those ones are at the top of my list.

Well if we are talking Beatles covers then I think Revolution would follow or precede 99 Revolutions quite nicely.

Hard Day's Night would be good fun in the middle of a concert. Wasn't Twist & Shout done by someone before the Beatles??

Away from the Beatles, i'd like to hear them thrash Feeder - Just A Day!

I love most covers they do, but I especially enjoy each time they pull out a rock 'n roll tune. And by that I mean a real rock 'n roll song, those fast ones with blues progressions. On top of my head;

The Rolling Stones - Rip This Joint

Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

Led Zeppelin - Rock 'n Roll

list in the start post is missing a few covers.

- Tired Of Waiting for You - The Kinks

- I Want To Be On TV - Fang

- C Yo Yus (Sometimes I Don't Mind) - Fifteen

- C Yo Yus (Sometimes I Don't Mind) - Fifteen

That list are the most famous ones, and I have never even heard of this :P

Ok guys I put the links of all the covers in the list by Green Day in the first post of the topic.

Now it's easy for the ones who want to hear it to check it out. :)

Shakira - Hips don't lie. I'd like them to try a cover of a song outside of the rock genre, but add their own alternative twist, you see what I'm sayin'?

Also, this is really random, but I'd like them to do a rocked up version of the powerpuff girls theme tune.

I think they should do something by Sum-41, like maybe What We're All About, XD. Could you imagine Tre "Never the less I'm dressed for the occasion, its number 32 not the other situation..." xD

The should so do that. Who else thinks so?

Cover a song is make a tribute to a song, to a band. I don't think it's a good idea that Green Day covers Blink 182 or Sum 41 there's so much better song in the world than their music to play.

I don't think so. I think they should make more songs on their own :P

Although I love their covers, like Don't Wanna Know If You're Lonely, Working Class Hero and Another State Of Mind... And I prefer them rather than collaborations. More than once I asked myself how greater some songs could sound if they make the cover :whistle

They should cover an Emilys Army song :)

Joey could probably care less but I bet the rest of the guys would shit themselves lol

I personally like their original stuff more but I don't mind some new covers. It would be cool to see them cover something that is sort of the same genre as them. Seeing GD cover a blink song would be fucking hilarious yet awesome at the same time. :lol:

Supposedly they recorded "Allison" by Elvis Costello during the Nimrod sessions, I really want to hear that. The closest was when Billie actually sang it with EC, but I wonder if Green Day would have taken it in a different direction.

Archived