Green Day should do more covers

Johnny Higher

To "Knowledge" (Operation Ivy) from "A Quick One While He's Away" (The Who) passing by "I Fought The Law" (The Clash) "Another State of Mind" (Social Distortion) or "Outsider" (Ramones) Green Day always used to do covers in their album (as a bonus track or not) or in their shows on scene.

But I really think that Billie Joe, Mike and Tré should do more covers, I always wanted to hear a Green Day version of many songs of The Clash (White Riot, Rudy's Can't Fail, (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais or Tommy Gun for example). But there's so many songs from Johny Cash to Bob Dylan, Ramones, etc.... that deserve to be refresh by a band like Green Day.

I think the covers are very good cause that introduces new song, new bands to the fans and Green Day, asserts their punk's root or their influences with the covers of the band they love.

I dream of an album covers of The Clash by Green Day.

What do you think of this, which song would you Green Day performs ?

Here is a list of the most famous covers by Green Day :

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Green Day to do Freebird, not even being sarcastic, for once.

But Green Day do plenty of covers. They've covered Rock The Casbah live, if you haven't heard it.

I think Green Day should cover another Misfits song. That would be awesome. :P

I want them to cover a ton of shit..definitely something beatles not like john lennon's working class hero I mean like strawberry fields or something heavy like helter skelter

I think Green Day should cover another Misfits song. That would be awesome. :P

saturday night would be amazing

I'd love to hear GD cover some more Husker Du, Replacements, The Who, The Misfits and Rolling stones - i know they already have done all of them but more would be awesome, i can't think of any other specific bands that i think would be good, but in general i think some more covers would be awesome! :D

I'd like to see them cover any Beatles song, particularly: I saw her standing there, she came in through the bathroom window, I don't want to spoil the party, etc. It would also be neat to hear Billie sing why don't we do it in the road

I'd love to hear GD cover some more Husker Du, Replacements, The Who, The Misfits and Rolling stones - i know they already have done all of them but more would be awesome, i can't think of any other specific bands that i think would be good, but in general i think some more covers would be awesome! :D

God, yes. More by The Replacements.

I'd like to see them cover any Beatles song, particularly: I saw her standing there, she came in through the bathroom window, I don't want to spoil the party, etc. It would also be neat to hear Billie sing why don't we do it in the road

oh that totally reminded me besides me wanting them to do a hole album of beatles they should do run for your life

I'd love to see Green Day record a Beatles song! Something lighthearted and like Hello Goodbye or Ob La Di Ob La Da or Bungalow Bill. Or maybe something from Abbey Road. Either way, I'd love it.

I honestly want to hear them cover a mix of classic rock songs and some newer songs by other bands. I'm a firm believer in people covering heavier songs and toning them down a couple of notches particularly :P

Oh god, imagine an Iron Man cover or an Ozzy cover in general :lol:

I'm still hoping that one day a decent quality version of their cover of Why Does It Always Rain On Me will pop up instead of the version that was played through Mike's phone.

Working Class Hero is my all time favorite. I'm thinking of another cover you haven't listed though.

Google Green Day - Led Zeppelin. Wow old school shit. :)

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

Tie Your Mother Down

Jailhouse Rock

Johnny B. Goode

In the Flesh?

Kick Out the Jams

They have already done Johnny B. Goode live ;)

But I agree with all of the rest of those :D

oohhhh maybe cky flesh into gear.....a green day version!?..yes

gonna jump on the Beatles train here, because I've always thought about it. Especially their earlier stuff... I can perfectly envision Billie's voice on songs like 'Hold Me Tight' and 'I Saw Her Standing There'. Even a Foxboro-y rendition of 'Dizzy Miss Lizzy' would be awesome... gah. It goes on. A Green Day tribute album to Beatles. Wet dream right there. :lol:

...and since it's almost that time of year, maybe some holiday songs? I don't picture them making a whole album, but perhaps put out a few singles. Even though it's grainy as hell, I love their recording of 'First Noel' played on Billie's phone circa 2001 I think? If only they released the actual audio..

I would love to see them play Hey Jude, the full song not just the part Billie sings in their medley.

Archived