Let's promote ¡Tre!

Fuzz

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the guy with the Twitter thing? :P

Well, I had some time today, made some adjustments and changed everything ¡Dos! related to ¡Tré!.

http://pieter.pixelbright.co.za/tre/

Would've liked to make it a little cooler than just a bunch of checkboxes. But hey, it works.

I kind of stole your Twitter header idea, hope you don't mind :D

And just like for ¡Dos!, I understand everyone that's wary of logging in with their social media accounts on other websites, so I have a preview image for you guys to see what I've made.

GXoY2.png

Let me know if anything seems wrong.

I can still try to make some small adjustments, but I won't have much time to do much more.

Well, I had some time today, made some adjustments and changed everything ¡Dos! related to ¡Tré!.

Would've liked to make it a little cooler than just a bunch of checkboxes. But hey, it works.

And just like for ¡Dos!, I understand everyone that's wary of logging in with their social media accounts on other websites, so I have a preview image for you guys to see what I've made.

GXoY2.png

I can still try to make some small adjustments, but I won't have much time to do much more.

Yay, changed mine :happy:

LOL No problems! :D

I'm already using it! Thanks so much!

GXoY2.png

Just used it!

Just used it!

Cool! Is it just me or do you still have an unedited profile picture? Is that intentional and you didn't change it in the tweet text or did something go wrong :( ?

Cool! Is it just me or do you still have an unedited profile picture? Is that intentional and you didn't change it in the tweet text or did something go wrong :( ?

Actually a friend of mine has this problem...

Actually a friend of mine has this problem...

Well shit :( My best guess is the generated image surpasses the maximum file size twitter allows for profile images, don't know what else it could be, it works for most people.

For now you may be able to save the preview image and upload that on twitter manually if you want to use the image anyway. I don't know if I'm going to have time to look into a weird bug I don't experience myself.

Maybe PM me if anyone experience problems, don't want to go too much offtopic here in this thread.

You could do all that, or you could turn on anti-aliasing and make it look a lot better a lot easier ;)

Also it seems like the global illumination has no effect on the green day promo picture, which seems to be emitting its own light instead of reflecting light that's cast on it, which causes it to look pasted on instead of looking like it's in the scene.

Also why do you still have launch pad in your dock, are you the first person I know using it? :P

I know how 3D programs work, I don't need to go to school or chat with you to know what I'm talking about.

I never insinuated that anti-aliasing has anything to do with the lighting, I was just saying that the most jarring thing about the whole scene are the jagged edges on the floor, which would be solved if you turned on anti-aliasing.

Since I do know what I'm talking about, instead of pointing out the problem, I suggested you do what is the solution to the problem.

I also know what GI is, and I can see the GI on the wall… I was pointing out that the GD picture doesn't look realistic because instead of being illuminated naturally by the same GI as the wall, it's casting its own light.

I also know that DOF doesn't have anything to do with GI.

Basically I tried to suggest some improvements that would take a lot less of your time and have a bigger impact on how nice it looks without coming across too cocky. You then seem to have taken those comments as a personal attack and launched your very own personal attack on me, insinuating that I don't know what I'm talking about while my entire post should make it clear to anyone that has worked with these 3D rendering programs that I have prior knowledge, seeing that I was offering solutions instead of pointing out problems, in an attempt to be helpful.

I've been putting a slide promoting the trilogy in all my presentations at school. =)

I got one of the ¡UNO! ¡DOS! ¡TRE! rubber wristbands from Hot Topic, and I've been wearing it around school. Since I'm one of about 4 people who actually wears wristbands, a lot of people have asked about it and I've told them about ¡Tré! coming out next week. Plus I put a ¡Tré! poster up in my locker!

Hey, we can use some of these posters and send them into our neighbors' mailboxes, saying 'GET TRE DECEMBER 7, 10, 11!' That could be a good way to promote TRE!

Vote for THE FORGOTTEN VIDEO for Vh1s top 20 countdown here--> http://www.vh1.com/s...wn/vote.jhtml

if it makes it into the top 20 countdown(show) it can really promote the album cause the host usually talks about the album before introducing the video so please vote for this!!!

If that link doesnt work go the there homepage http://www.vh1.com/

and click the music drop box then click top 20 and then click vote now!

I love TRE! but i agree wtf is up with some of the lyrics. lol. the actual music is amazing but yeahh some lyrics are like wtf?

I love TRE! but i agree wtf is up with some of the lyrics. lol. the actual music is amazing but yeahh some lyrics are like wtf?

nothing can beat the "what the actual fuck Billie?" from Android.

Or maybe it is possible? I'll see on Friday...

I just thought of a pretty funny and cool way to promote iTRE! for you who don't want to do posters! Every time you get a phone call, you can say at the end 'Make sure to buy Green Day's new album (entitled 'TRE', the last of the iUNO!, iDOS!, iTRE! trilogy!). It will rock your socks off!' :D:lol::happy:

Lyrics? I think ¡Tré!'s gonna have some of my favorite lyrics. You just can't beat that 'We're the retarded and the broken hearted' :lol: I'm so gonna make a sig with that phrase next week when I get ¡Tré!

:)

oMFZH.gif

and a gif I made for tumblr (OMG I HATE THE TUMBLR GIF SIZE LIMIT SO MUCH)

tumblr_meu68gPkfM1r1yyhoo1_r1_400.gif

You can post the gifs everywhere, of course! :happy:

I'm gonna make another gif that says "Tré! out now" :runaround:and maybe one with all 3 albums!

:)

and a gif I made for tumblr (OMG I HATE THE TUMBLR GIF SIZE LIMIT SO MUCH)

You can post the gifs everywhere, of course! :happy:

I'm gonna make another gif that says "Tré! out now" :runaround:and maybe one with all 3 albums!

Those are awesome. Do you have Tumblr where you've posted these and we can re-blog from our account?

Those are awesome. Do you have Tumblr where you've posted these and we can re-blog from our account?

Becaue I'm planning on kidnapping Flo, here's her tumblr :ninja:

Archived